User Tag List

Page 286 of 316 FirstFirst ... 186236276284285286287288296 ... LastLast
Results 5,701 to 5,720 of 6306

Thread: 2018 Offseason And Targets

  1. #5701
    PosiBraves Hell Gatekeeper
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    14,302
    Thanks
    28
    Thanked 4,007 Times in 2,436 Posts
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravesfannchar View Post
    I think thatís the exact article I read, but couldnít remember clearly enough to be certain.

  2. #5702
    NL Rookie of the Year
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    2,630
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 287 Times in 218 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would be in on Bumgarner...all about the asking price though.

  3. #5703
    PosiBraves Hell Gatekeeper
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    14,302
    Thanks
    28
    Thanked 4,007 Times in 2,436 Posts
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Garmel View Post
    I grasped the conversation quite well and you made a fool of yourself. The only clown here is you. You're a complete nut and when you do have that inevitable psychotic break I hope you're nowhere near anybody at the time.
    Lol, no, you didnít.

    South and I were going back and forth about attendance early in the season (like 1-2 weeks in). I stated the early attendance showed the Braves were on track for lower attendance the 2nd year of the new stadium, as is typical for new stadiums. This would have been terrible news for the 2019 payroll considering the 2018 payroll was around $110m.

    South started keeping track in a spreadsheet and determined the winning was increasing attendance. This was great news because that meant they could add players at the deadline and the 2019 payroll could be projected to increase to around $120m-$125m...and that looks to be exactly what we are seeing now.

    Hopefully youíre able to wrap your head around the actual topic now. Probably not considering youíre in the Trio, but there it is.

    Now feel free to keep on derping like a fool, and keep that sig up as you promised.

    Newk throws 104!!! Derrrrrp!

  4. #5704
    10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    4,653
    Thanks
    5,229
    Thanked 990 Times in 656 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    Lol, no, you didn’t.

    South and I were going back and forth about attendance early in the season (like 1-2 weeks in). I stated the early attendance showed the Braves were on track for lower attendance the 2nd year of the new stadium, as is typical for new stadiums. This would have been terrible news for the 2019 payroll considering the 2018 payroll was around $110m.

    South started keeping track in a spreadsheet and determined the winning was increasing attendance. This was great news because that meant they could add players at the deadline and the 2019 payroll could be projected to increase to around $120m-$125m...and that looks to be exactly what we are seeing now.

    Hopefully you’re able to wrap your head around the actual topic now. Probably not considering you’re in the Trio, but there it is.

    Now feel free to keep on derping like a fool, and keep that sig up as you promised.

    Newk throws 104!!! Derrrrrp!
    I remember it. What you said is that anybody who thinks we're going to have a higher attendance than the first year is stupid which is so typical for you. As usual when you're wrong instead of admitting it you lie and spin.

  5. #5705
    NL Rookie of the Year
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    2,142
    Thanks
    404
    Thanked 420 Times in 282 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't buy in to the "we're fine with Duvall" narrative at all.

    I keep going back to the conversation AA must have had with Donaldson. I know their boys and all, but to get JD to sign a 1 year deal that early in the offseason I think he had to assure JD they were making a push for a championship this year.

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chico For This Useful Post:

    BedellBrave (01-07-2019),DirkPiggler (01-07-2019)

  7. #5706
    It's OVER 5,000! msstate7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    12,337
    Thanks
    121
    Thanked 2,581 Times in 1,639 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Perhaps AA just trying to get leverage in a deal by saying he's gonna roll with Duvall. Walk away a while, and hopefully deal goes more our way.

  8. #5707
    Arbitration Eligible
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    3,001
    Thanks
    691
    Thanked 720 Times in 470 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chico View Post
    I don't buy in to the "we're fine with Duvall" narrative at all.

    I keep going back to the conversation AA must have had with Donaldson. I know their boys and all, but to get JD to sign a 1 year deal that early in the offseason I think he had to assure JD they were making a push for a championship this year.
    i completely doubt we're fine with duvall. as in, i think there's no chance he's even our fallback option.
    "You show your bias against me with your consistently negative reaction to my brazen lies."

  9. #5708
    Expects Yuge Games nsacpi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    20,334
    Thanks
    1,495
    Thanked 7,307 Times in 4,540 Posts
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is obviously a roster spot to be filled. And it will likely be filled by someone who primarily plays corner outfield.

    I'm ok with AA exercising some patience given that there is likely to be some movement once Harper finds a landing spot. I would be very surprised if Duvall was our main option at one of the corner outfield spots.
    ďIt's a shame the White House has become an adult day care center. Someone obviously missed their shift this morning.Ē Senator Bob Corker

  10. #5709
    Arizona Fall Leaguer
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    145
    Thanks
    86
    Thanked 47 Times in 28 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    Iíll stop ridiculing him when he supplies an acceptable explanation as to why he dropped his sig meant to ridicule me despite swearing he would never drop it when I was proven right.

    Until then Iím going to point out how stupid he is at every opportunity.
    Neither person should be permitted to ridicule other posters. Itís really unfortunate because this board has potential to be really good. However, these things make it tough to read sometimes

  11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 4maddux_cy's For This Useful Post:

    BedellBrave (01-07-2019),buck75 (01-07-2019),gcbraves (01-07-2019),NYCBrave (01-07-2019)

  12. #5710
    10 yr, $185 million Extension zbhargrove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Bismarck, ND
    Posts
    4,610
    Thanks
    237
    Thanked 952 Times in 637 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With the Duvall story, I have to assume its smoke and mirrors... at least one of the sources pushing this is DoB (and Rosenthal, but they are from the same publication now)... thus far, it seems everything DoB has reported has been direct from the FO... therefore I think its obvious that AA is putting this out there to come off as comfortable and not desperate.

    The other thing this could signal is that we are focusing more on the potential of JTR and a potential upgrade at SP... I can't imagine we are prepared to go with Duvall without a couple other significant upgrades elsewhere.
    Enscheff is the most brilliant baseball mind of our time. No seriously. he's fantastic and really remarkable. You're going to love him. Magnificent. Really great.

  13. #5711
    Arbitration Eligible
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Flowery Branch, GA
    Posts
    2,941
    Thanks
    412
    Thanked 837 Times in 474 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 4maddux_cy's View Post
    Neither person should be permitted to ridicule other posters. It’s really unfortunate because this board has potential to be really good. However, these things make it tough to read sometimes
    Correct. Sometimes if someone posts something inappropriate to the board, they deserve what is coming to them. But the insulting of people for having opinions is just ridiculous.

    We come to this board to get away from our life's daily grind, to talk about a team that we all in someway or another love. If there is something that someone thinks might make this team better, or that player better than another, there is no reason to ridicule someone for having an opinion that differs from yours.

    They should be banned IMO.
    " The 2018 Braves give fans reason to believe again." - Bowman

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to bravesfanforlife88 For This Useful Post:

    NYCBrave (01-07-2019)

  15. #5712
    Arbitration Eligible
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Flowery Branch, GA
    Posts
    2,941
    Thanks
    412
    Thanked 837 Times in 474 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zbhargrove View Post
    With the Duvall story, I have to assume its smoke and mirrors... at least one of the sources pushing this is DoB (and Rosenthal, but they are from the same publication now)... thus far, it seems everything DoB has reported has been direct from the FO... therefore I think its obvious that AA is putting this out there to come off as comfortable and not desperate.

    The other thing this could signal is that we are focusing more on the potential of JTR and a potential upgrade at SP... I can't imagine we are prepared to go with Duvall without a couple other significant upgrades elsewhere.
    DoB did respond to someone on twitter that he does expect us to make an upgrade in cOF and at least one quality pitcher
    " The 2018 Braves give fans reason to believe again." - Bowman

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to bravesfanforlife88 For This Useful Post:

    BedellBrave (01-07-2019)

  17. #5713
    NL Rookie of the Year
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    2,630
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 287 Times in 218 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Look...AA is not going to change from the plan for these reasons:

    1. Yes he wants to upgrade, but no he will not make a deal that overvalues a player.

    2. We arenít one player away.

    3. AA is letting it be known he wonít over pay to GMs for the future. Heís setting a hard line.

    Iím afraid there are some guys that will be very disappointed this offseason. All moves will be made or not made by the value they present. Period.

    He probably has some obscure players that they have number crunched on though...no doubt.

  18. #5714
    Arbitration Eligible
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    2,930
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 447 Times in 340 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Duvall is like the yanks saying theyíll keep gray.

    Itís all posturing.

    We donít have to make an expensive move. We do if we want to defend but we donít have to.

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to Russ2dollas For This Useful Post:

    NYCBrave (01-07-2019)

  20. #5715
    Arizona Fall Leaguer
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    131
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Garmel View Post
    I remember the argument quite well and you made a damn fool out of yourself by being wrong on attendance. You're making a bigger fool of yourself now by lying and trying to twist the facts. I've been on a lot of websites in my time and you've got to the be the nuttiest **** I've ever encountered.
    He's an intolerable douchebag. The worst.

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to CrazyTrain For This Useful Post:

    Garmel (01-07-2019)

  22. #5716
    PosiBraves Hell Gatekeeper
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    14,302
    Thanks
    28
    Thanked 4,007 Times in 2,436 Posts
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Garmel View Post
    I remember it. What you said is that anybody who thinks we're going to have a higher attendance than the first year is stupid which is so typical for you. As usual when you're wrong instead of admitting it you lie and spin.
    Again...wrong.

    I said the FO was undoubtedly projecting a decline in attendance for 2018, which is why I expected payroll to be around $110M. That represented a decrease from the 2017 payroll. Lots of folks argued with me about that payroll number, including a bet I made with Ivan from TC. In the end, I was right...as usual.

    As south pointed out, attendance rose as the team won. This increase of attendance allowed the Braves to add payroll at the deadline, which was awesome. The rise in attendance also allowed the Braves to most likely project additional growth in attendance this year, which is why we are likely to see a payroll of $120M+. Not quite the ďat least $60M left to spendĒ weíve seen blabbered, but still a nice increase.

    Iíve been correctly projecting the Braves payroll for years now.

    Please try to keep up when the adults are talking. You might learn something.

    But keep that sig up hero! Derrrrp!!
    Last edited by Enscheff; 01-07-2019 at 02:42 PM.

  23. #5717
    PosiBraves Hell Gatekeeper
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    14,302
    Thanks
    28
    Thanked 4,007 Times in 2,436 Posts
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyTrain View Post
    He's an intolerable douchebag. The worst.
    Two members of the Trio!

    ToTT assseeemmmmbbbbllllllle!!!

    Newk plus Fried plus 2 more for Bumgarner, then extend him for 6 years!! Derrrrrp!!
    Last edited by Enscheff; 01-07-2019 at 02:45 PM.

  24. #5718
    Arbitration Eligible
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Flowery Branch, GA
    Posts
    2,941
    Thanks
    412
    Thanked 837 Times in 474 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jeff Passan

    Verified account

    @JeffPassan
    Follow Follow @JeffPassan
    More
    Reliever Kelvin Herrera and the Chicago White Sox are in agreement on a two-year, $18 million deal with a vesting third-year option, sources tell ESPN.
    " The 2018 Braves give fans reason to believe again." - Bowman

  25. #5719
    "What is a clvclv"
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Nebo, NC
    Posts
    6,015
    Thanks
    3,534
    Thanked 1,661 Times in 1,100 Posts
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesfanforlife88 View Post
    Jeff Passan

    Verified account

    @JeffPassan
    Follow Follow @JeffPassan
    More
    Reliever Kelvin Herrera and the Chicago White Sox are in agreement on a two-year, $18 million deal with a vesting third-year option, sources tell ESPN.
    Welcome back Jim Johnson!!!

    Last RP left not named Kimbrel.
    Waters is intersting too. Would prefer a guy that projects to more power though. (2017 Draft Thread)

    If they don't make additions they can expect the same 3-5 win improvement they saw last year. That makes the Braves a 75-78 win team. (What's the best we could hope for in 2018?)


    The Blackjack Dealer

  26. #5720
    Approaching Buddy Hernandez Territory
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    swamps of S. Ga
    Posts
    1,034
    Thanks
    61
    Thanked 202 Times in 116 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The pettiness, chirping, and continual preaching to the choir about the same idea over and over again makes visiting this board for Braves NEWS almost worthless. It appears that some posters here are only here to to confront other posters and build their post counts while adding very little to conversations. The board has changed drastically from it's inception and is no longer the "elite" Braves conversation place. Chop Country is quickly going the way of the old EPSN boards for which I am sorry to see the direction.

  27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to salmagundy For This Useful Post:

    jgriff3029 (01-07-2019),NYCBrave (01-07-2019)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •