User Tag List

Page 420 of 493 FirstFirst ... 320370410418419420421422430470 ... LastLast
Results 8,381 to 8,400 of 9854

Thread: 2018 Offseason And Targets

  1. #8381
    Steve Harvey'd
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    9,942
    Thanks
    1,067
    Thanked 2,848 Times in 1,711 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not interested in selling low on Soroka. Him Touki and Gohard are my favorites to make it to the top of the rotation.
    Coppy

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to bravesfanMatt For This Useful Post:

    JohnAdcox (02-07-2019)

  3. #8382
    10 yr, $185 million Extension zbhargrove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Bismarck, ND
    Posts
    4,658
    Thanks
    238
    Thanked 963 Times in 646 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Edit: Nevermind... I'm ashamed, I was Twitter trolled...
    Enscheff is the most brilliant baseball mind of our time. No seriously. he's fantastic and really remarkable. You're going to love him. Magnificent. Really great.

  4. #8383
    It's OVER 5,000!
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    5,149
    Thanks
    791
    Thanked 1,030 Times in 709 Posts
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    Modern day analytics allow managers to understand that "he's on a roll" means absolutely nothing if he's about to face the order a 3rd time.

    This is not rocket science to make these decisions, and certainly not worth watching that pitcher flail away for 5 minutes.

    Folks who talk lovingly about the strategy involved in the NL game probably love it because it's the most complicated subject they've been able to master. They just mastered what ERA is, and now have been told it's a stat for dummies. Enough is enough with the math!!
    May be for guys like Newk, who wear down quickly throughout the game. I won't deny what the numbers say for the 3rd time through the order either.
    But I don't believe there are many managers, even analytical ones, that removes their ace in the 6th inning of a 1-0 game if they haven't thrown over 90 pitches (aside from injury obviously). So yes, I think it absolutely means something. Even the Dodgers routinely let Kershaw go 6 innings or more in 21 of his 27 starts.

    Being too analytically driven can you cost you games like this. Gabe Kapler is living proof of this and we saw it first hand at the start of the season.

  5. #8384
    Arbitration Eligible
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Flowery Branch, GA
    Posts
    3,123
    Thanks
    427
    Thanked 876 Times in 496 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zbhargrove View Post
    Edit: Nevermind... I'm ashamed, I was Twitter trolled...
    Just out of curiosity what did it say?
    Mark Bowman's reports carry a lot of gravity

  6. #8385
    Spring Training Invitee
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    255
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 14 Times in 13 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Southcack77 View Post
    Like I said, I have no idea whether muscle imbalance/infalmmation in the shoulder can lead to tears of the tendons and cartilage in the shoulder. I'm sure there may well be a cause and effect there, but what you have written does not really speak to that.

    I have learned a ton on this board, so if this is something you've got some experience with or a link to article that discusses muscles vs. tendons/cartilage, I'd be fascinated to add it to my reading list.
    As a guy who's dealt with shoulder issues and muscle imbalances from playing a lot of recreational volleyball, Mike's injury sounded like something fairly minor in that he only had an imbalance that was causing the shoulder to operate improperly. All of those muscles should be in tune and it sounded like his were not, causing some pain as the humorous moved through his pitching motion. With some proper stretching and strength training, he should be able to get everything aligned and back in working order relatively quickly, which seems to be the case. If some kind of tear was involved, I'd be far more worried.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to CrazyTrain For This Useful Post:

    JohnAdcox (02-07-2019)

  8. #8386
    Spring Training Invitee
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    255
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 14 Times in 13 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Carp View Post
    May be for guys like Newk, who wear down quickly throughout the game. I won't deny what the numbers say for the 3rd time through the order either.
    But I don't believe there are many managers, even analytical ones, that removes their ace in the 6th inning of a 1-0 game if they haven't thrown over 90 pitches (aside from injury obviously). So yes, I think it absolutely means something. Even the Dodgers routinely let Kershaw go 6 innings or more in 21 of his 27 starts.

    Being too analytically driven can you cost you games like this. Gabe Kapler is living proof of this and we saw it first hand at the start of the season.
    Don't engage with that moron. If he doesn't agree with you, he never will.

  9. #8387
    High School Draftee
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    39
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 13 Times in 7 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyTrain View Post
    Don't engage with that moron. If he doesn't agree with you, he never will.
    You called yourself an engineer because you work as a sales engineer. Not sure that gives you the right to call anybody else a moron.

  10. #8388
    Called Up to the Major Leagues
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    1,935
    Thanks
    39
    Thanked 657 Times in 432 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DontStopTheChop View Post
    You called yourself an engineer because you work as a sales engineer. Not sure that gives you the right to call anybody else a moron.
    You better be careful. Don't forget what happened to Gee Grenouille whenever he was calling people morons. CrazyTrain is probably capable of this:


  11. #8389
    Spring Training Invitee
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    255
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 14 Times in 13 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DontStopTheChop View Post
    You called yourself an engineer because you work as a sales engineer. Not sure that gives you the right to call anybody else a moron.
    I call myself an engineer because that's what my degree says that I am. I have a BS in Industrial and Systems Engineering from a top 10 program in the US.

    I was an engineer for the first 8 years of my career and since moved to sales 3 years ago. My company is an integrator/manufacturer of multi-million dollar automated logistics systems, so in order to do the sales role, you really have to know the technical side. I spent 3 years in system engineering with my company before moving over to sales.

    ...but do carry on with the nonsense.

  12. #8390
    Spring Training Invitee
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    255
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 14 Times in 13 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BeanieAntics View Post
    You better be careful. Don't forget what happened to Gee Grenouille whenever he was calling people morons. CrazyTrain is probably capable of this:

    I see you still have Enscheff's jock completely supported.

  13. #8391
    Arbitration Eligible
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    3,204
    Thanks
    704
    Thanked 736 Times in 486 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyTrain View Post
    I call myself an engineer because that's what my degree says that I am. I have a BS in Industrial and Systems Engineering from a top 10 program in the US.

    I was an engineer for the first 8 years of my career and since moved to sales 3 years ago. My company is an integrator/manufacturer of multi-million dollar automated logistics systems, so in order to do the sales role, you really have to know the technical side. I spent 3 years in system engineering with my company before moving over to sales.
    lmaoooo the people on the internet are sooo impressed
    i work as a lawyer at the biggest, best law firm ever and went to yale and have 8 degrees
    "You show your bias against me with your consistently negative reaction to my brazen lies."

  14. #8392
    It's OVER 5,000! UNCBlue012's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Greensboro, North Carolina
    Posts
    10,269
    Thanks
    2,907
    Thanked 1,230 Times in 888 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Can a man still be brave if he is afraid? That is the only time a man can be brave." - G.R.R.M (Game of Thrones)

    "So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past." - F. Scott Fitzgerald (G. Gatsby)

  15. #8393
    Spring Training Invitee
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    255
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 14 Times in 13 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    lmaoooo the people on the internet are sooo impressed
    i work as a lawyer at the biggest, best law firm ever and went to yale and have 8 degrees
    The intent wasn't to impress, only to correct his misinformation.

    I do appreciate that you were impressed though, Sthuper.

  16. #8394
    Called Up to the Major Leagues
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    1,935
    Thanks
    39
    Thanked 657 Times in 432 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyTrain View Post
    I call myself an engineer because that's what my degree says that I am. I have a BS in Industrial and Systems Engineering from a top 10 program in the US.

    I was an engineer for the first 8 years of my career and since moved to sales 3 years ago. My company is an integrator/manufacturer of multi-million dollar automated logistics systems, so in order to do the sales role, you really have to know the technical side. I spent 3 years in system engineering with my company before moving over to sales.

    ...but do carry on with the nonsense.
    My God... I had no idea you were so impressive. You were probably the quarterback in high school as well.

    The fact that you feel the need to tout your resume to a bunch of people on the internet is the most hilarious thing I've seen on this board since I've joined. "I'm not dumb! I don't say ridiculously idiotic things! That is impossible! See, I'm an engineer. So it would be impossible for me to be a moron." That's basically where this whole thing started. You are so thin skinned that instead of trying to defend your ridiculous points, you just fall back on some resume that exactly 0 people have verified.

  17. #8395
    Called Up to the Major Leagues
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    1,935
    Thanks
    39
    Thanked 657 Times in 432 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyTrain View Post
    The intent wasn't to impress, only to correct his misinformation.

    I do appreciate that you were impressed though, Sthuper.
    Riiiiiiiggggghhhhhhttttt.

    The transparent nature of this is amazing. Please never leave.

  18. #8396
    It's OVER 5,000! UNCBlue012's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Greensboro, North Carolina
    Posts
    10,269
    Thanks
    2,907
    Thanked 1,230 Times in 888 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sources: #Marlins, #Phillies continue discussing J.T. Realmuto trade. There has been momentum in last 24 hours. Sixto Sanchez is among the players who have been discussed, although it is not certain he would be part of final deal, if completed. @MLB @MLBNetwork

    AA cannot let the Phillies get JTR. That'd be unacceptable.
    "Can a man still be brave if he is afraid? That is the only time a man can be brave." - G.R.R.M (Game of Thrones)

    "So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past." - F. Scott Fitzgerald (G. Gatsby)

  19. #8397
    It's OVER 5,000! msstate7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    12,516
    Thanks
    123
    Thanked 2,619 Times in 1,660 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UNCBlue012 View Post
    Sources: #Marlins, #Phillies continue discussing J.T. Realmuto trade. There has been momentum in last 24 hours. Sixto Sanchez is among the players who have been discussed, although it is not certain he would be part of final deal, if completed. @MLB @MLBNetwork

    AA cannot let the Phillies get JTR. That'd be unacceptable.
    Phillies putting their chips in the middle it seems. It would suck for them to get him, but I don't want us to overpay.

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to msstate7 For This Useful Post:

    JohnAdcox (02-07-2019)

  21. #8398
    It's OVER 5,000! UNCBlue012's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Greensboro, North Carolina
    Posts
    10,269
    Thanks
    2,907
    Thanked 1,230 Times in 888 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MISH JUST SAID HE EXPECTS REALMUTO TO BE TRADED TODAY. Finally.

    With the Phillies news, I'd expect it'll be them.
    "Can a man still be brave if he is afraid? That is the only time a man can be brave." - G.R.R.M (Game of Thrones)

    "So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past." - F. Scott Fitzgerald (G. Gatsby)

  22. #8399
    Called Up to the Major Leagues
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    1,935
    Thanks
    39
    Thanked 657 Times in 432 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UNCBlue012 View Post
    MISH JUST SAID HE EXPECTS REALMUTO TO BE TRADED TODAY. Finally.

    With the Phillies news, I'd expect it'll be them.
    Its either the Phillies trading Sixto, or the Braves panicking and overpaying to keep the Phillies from getting him. That is my guess.

  23. #8400
    Called Up to the Major Leagues
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    1,935
    Thanks
    39
    Thanked 657 Times in 432 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BeanieAntics View Post
    Its either the Phillies trading Sixto, or the Braves panicking and overpaying to keep the Phillies from getting him. That is my guess.
    I will say that if the Phillies include Sixto and Alfaro, we probably wouldn't be willing to beat that offer. That is a big package.

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to BeanieAntics For This Useful Post:

    JohnAdcox (02-07-2019)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •