User Tag List

Page 481 of 481 FirstFirst ... 381431471479480481
Results 9,601 to 9,620 of 9620

Thread: 2018 Offseason And Targets

  1. #9601
    NL Rookie of the Year dak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    2,579
    Thanks
    201
    Thanked 1,249 Times in 695 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Regarding Myers, I don't see AA giving any serious consideration to adding a corner OF between now and June that would relegate Markakis to a 4th OF role. Markakis was promised a near full-time role. Only 2-3 months of sub-par production (or injury) is going to change that.

  2. #9602
    Arbitration Eligible
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    2,745
    Thanks
    620
    Thanked 489 Times in 349 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesfanMatt View Post
    Is petco bigger than suntrust?
    Petco has always been known to sap power from hitters, itís def a pitchers park.

  3. #9603
    Steve Harvey'd
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    9,927
    Thanks
    1,066
    Thanked 2,844 Times in 1,708 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hudson2 View Post
    Petco has always been known to sap power from hitters, it’s def a pitchers park.
    Maybe so. But it was easier to hit a homer there last year than at suntrust.
    Coppy

  4. #9604
    Lynchburg Prospect
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    489
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 157 Times in 98 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dak View Post
    Regarding Myers, I don't see AA giving any serious consideration to adding a corner OF between now and June that would relegate Markakis to a 4th OF role. Markakis was promised a near full-time role. Only 2-3 months of sub-par production (or injury) is going to change that.
    Do we know that Muk was promised a near full-time role? I haven't seen anything about that. I would guess that there probably is some "understanding" but I haven't read anything. Did he or a team spokesman confirm that?

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to jimsnores For This Useful Post:

    jpx7 (Yesterday)

  6. #9605
    It's OVER 5,000! UNCBlue012's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Greensboro, North Carolina
    Posts
    10,263
    Thanks
    2,898
    Thanked 1,230 Times in 888 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    Wil Myers suddenly becomes a potential trade target so SD can go cheap in the OF. He is currently owed $64M through his age 31 season broken down as follows:

    2019 (28): $3M
    2020 (29): $20M
    2021 (30): $20M
    2022 (31): $20M
    2023 (32): $20M option, $1M buyout

    He currently projects as a 2 win LFer who will put up a slightly above average batting line with 20-25 HRs and positive base running metrics (including ~20 SBs).

    There isn't a lot of defensive data on him, but based on UZR and his good speed, he appears to be an above average LFer, so it stands to reason he should be at least roughly average.

    Assuming he projects for ~2 wins for each of the next 4 seasons, and using the more recent FA value of $8M per win, he holds roughly zero surplus value.

    Myers appears to be a poor man's Haniger, and would make Duvall completely expendable, which saves the Braves ~$3M. Adding him should cost very little in terms of prospect capital, and would slot in nicely in the 4 hole behind Acuna/JD/Freeman.

    Something like Myers plus cash for an MLB-ready pitching prospect not named Anderson/Soroka/Wright/Touki/Gohara (think Wilson) seems like a logical way to add another good bat to the roster. Some scenario involving Newk or Teheran, followed by signing Keuchel/Gio also seems plausible.
    Iím not a huge fan, but Acuna RF, Donaldson 3B, Freeman 1B, Myers LF, Albies 2B, Ender LF, Mac/Flowers C, Swanson SS is a pretty strong lineup. (Whatever way youíd like to set it up) and Markakis/Ender would be a bench piece(s)...

  7. #9606
    NL Rookie of the Year dak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    2,579
    Thanks
    201
    Thanked 1,249 Times in 695 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jimsnores View Post
    Do we know that Muk was promised a near full-time role? I haven't seen anything about that. I would guess that there probably is some "understanding" but I haven't read anything. Did he or a team spokesman confirm that?
    AA confirmed when the deal was announced that he was signed to be an everyday player. The plan for all the everyday players this year (including Freeman) will be to get more days off, so I'd guess that Markakis will start 140-150 games if healthy and productive into the Summer.

  8. #9607
    Spring Training Invitee
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    251
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 14 Times in 13 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesfanMatt View Post
    A little misleading stats though. To be truthful you need to account the top 6 teams and the bottom 6 teams and see how often and how far they advance. I think you would see the better teams typically advance farther and more often over the lessor teams. Not to say a team can get hot and win it all. But the likely hold is smaller than a great team doing what it should and winning.
    Did he just say that the playoffs are a crap shoot? Haha.

    Riiiight.

  9. #9608
    Called Up to the Major Leagues
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    1,927
    Thanks
    39
    Thanked 651 Times in 427 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyTrain View Post
    Did he just say that the playoffs are a crap shoot? Haha.

    Riiiight.
    Once again, its true. Historically the playoffs are an absolute crapshoot:

    https://www.principallyuncertain.com...ffs-crapshoot/

    If you wanna check this guy's work, have one of your engineering colleagues help you with the math so you can see for yourself.

  10. #9609
    Arizona Fall Leaguer TheRunningAgent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Silver City, GA
    Posts
    154
    Thanks
    39
    Thanked 24 Times in 20 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bobby Cox called it that. I’ll go with Bobby.

  11. #9610
    Approaching Buddy Hernandez Territory Freshmaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    1,022
    Thanks
    759
    Thanked 403 Times in 181 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    Wil Myers suddenly becomes a potential trade target so SD can go cheap in the OF. He is currently owed $64M through his age 31 season broken down as follows:

    2019 (28): $3M
    2020 (29): $20M
    2021 (30): $20M
    2022 (31): $20M
    2023 (32): $20M option, $1M buyout

    He currently projects as a 2 win LFer who will put up a slightly above average batting line with 20-25 HRs and positive base running metrics (including ~20 SBs).

    There isn't a lot of defensive data on him, but based on UZR and his good speed, he appears to be an above average LFer, so it stands to reason he should be at least roughly average.

    Assuming he projects for ~2 wins for each of the next 4 seasons, and using the more recent FA value of $8M per win, he holds roughly zero surplus value.

    Myers appears to be a poor man's Haniger, and would make Duvall completely expendable, which saves the Braves ~$3M. Adding him should cost very little in terms of prospect capital, and would slot in nicely in the 4 hole behind Acuna/JD/Freeman.

    Something like Myers plus cash for an MLB-ready pitching prospect not named Anderson/Soroka/Wright/Touki/Gohara (think Wilson) seems like a logical way to add another good bat to the roster. Some scenario involving Newk or Teheran, followed by signing Keuchel/Gio also seems plausible.
    '
    He's a trade target, but not for the Braves. I don't know why on earth you think we'd now trade for a 2 Win OF on 4/64 when we wouldn't beat 2/32 for a 3 Win OF in Brantley

  12. #9611
    Playing the Waiting Game Ozzie's Chainz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Gaffney, South Carolina (Home of the Big Butt "Peach" on I-85)
    Posts
    775
    Thanks
    115
    Thanked 72 Times in 49 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Craig Kimbrel
    Coming off the Red Sox 2019 World Series Championship, Kimbrel going back to Boston seemed inevitable. Since then, Kimbrelís asking price has reportedly been too steep for a reunion with the defending champions. Red Sox front office has also spoken on a possible reunion with manager Alex Cora, expressing confidence in the bullpen without the closer. President of Baseball Operations Dave Dombrowski also stated that he is not expecting to spend big money on a closer. That being said, a different Kimbrel reunion seems inevitable, with a deal all but signed with Atlanta. Philadelphia also had some interest in the closer, if it is unable to land either Harper or Machado. This seems like as close to a slam dunk prediction as I will make.

    Prediction: Kimbrel to the Braves.
    http://flurrysports.org/predicting-t...landing-spots/

  13. #9612
    PosiBraves Hell Gatekeeper
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    14,685
    Thanks
    29
    Thanked 4,117 Times in 2,503 Posts
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshmaker View Post
    '
    He's a trade target, but not for the Braves. I don't know why on earth you think we'd now trade for a 2 Win OF on 4/64 when we wouldn't beat 2/32 for a 3 Win OF in Brantley
    Ultimately I think youíre right. Just an analysis of a potential target.

  14. #9613
    It's OVER 5,000! msstate7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    12,486
    Thanks
    123
    Thanked 2,618 Times in 1,659 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzie's Chainz View Post
    He missed machado. He has Dallas and Kimbrel to braves. Wish he were right, but I have my doubts

  15. #9614
    It's OVER 5,000! UNCBlue012's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Greensboro, North Carolina
    Posts
    10,263
    Thanks
    2,898
    Thanked 1,230 Times in 888 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    He missed machado. He has Dallas and Kimbrel to braves. Wish he were right, but I have my doubts
    Iíd be insanely surprised. But both would make the off-season really nice

  16. #9615
    Arbitration Eligible
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Flowery Branch, GA
    Posts
    3,107
    Thanks
    425
    Thanked 865 Times in 493 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    He missed machado. He has Dallas and Kimbrel to braves. Wish he were right, but I have my doubts
    I saw a rumor earlier today that the braves offered 3 years/$90m to Machado...I’d love to take that $30m and sign the two of Keuchel and Kimbrel
    " The 2018 Braves give fans reason to believe again." - Bowman

  17. #9616
    Voted Worst Poster
    '13, '14, '15 (Co-Winner)
    Heyward's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    15,109
    Thanks
    1,159
    Thanked 1,116 Times in 871 Posts
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzie's Chainz View Post
    I dont know if we sign either but i think given the surplus of pitching we have, we dont sign a SP for that much unless Dallas wants to sign like a 1/1 deal like in the NBA. I think Kimbrel is more likely but dont really care either way at this point.

  18. #9617
    It's OVER 5,000! msstate7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    12,486
    Thanks
    123
    Thanked 2,618 Times in 1,659 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesfanforlife88 View Post
    I saw a rumor earlier today that the braves offered 3 years/$90m to Machado...I’d love to take that $30m and sign the two of Keuchel and Kimbrel
    That would be one hell of a finish imo

  19. #9618
    Playing the Waiting Game Ozzie's Chainz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Gaffney, South Carolina (Home of the Big Butt "Peach" on I-85)
    Posts
    775
    Thanks
    115
    Thanked 72 Times in 49 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    He missed machado. He has Dallas and Kimbrel to braves. Wish he were right, but I have my doubts
    Quote Originally Posted by UNCBlue012 View Post
    Iíd be insanely surprised. But both would make the off-season really nice
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesfanforlife88 View Post
    I saw a rumor earlier today that the braves offered 3 years/$90m to Machado...I’d love to take that $30m and sign the two of Keuchel and Kimbrel
    Quote Originally Posted by Heyward View Post
    I dont know if we sign either but i think given the surplus of pitching we have, we dont sign a SP for that much unless Dallas wants to sign like a 1/1 deal like in the NBA. I think Kimbrel is more likely but dont really care either way at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    That would be one hell of a finish imo
    I just want Kimbrel and Iíd be happy. There is just too much smoke not to be a fire. Iím always wary of Philly but I think we are trying really hard to get CK.

  20. #9619
    Arbitration Eligible
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Flowery Branch, GA
    Posts
    3,107
    Thanks
    425
    Thanked 865 Times in 493 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    That would be one hell of a finish imo
    Agreed. I’d kiss AAs ass after everything I’ve said about him this offseason...

    Still don’t see it happening
    " The 2018 Braves give fans reason to believe again." - Bowman

  21. #9620
    Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

    Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Individual-1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    School of Hard Cox
    Posts
    16,823
    Thanks
    6,578
    Thanked 6,504 Times in 3,716 Posts
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It's possible we offered the 3/90 to Machado before Donaldson signed.
    Forever Fredi


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •