It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,487 Posts
    Royals have extended Whit Merrifield. 4 year deal for just over $16m total
    Get off my lawn!

NL Rookie of the Year Acuña’s Bat Flip's Avatar
    Gaffney, South Carolina (Home of the Big Butt "Peach" on I-85)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    280 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ2dollas View Post
    If they want a mlb player I’d sell them Swanson. Move Albies to short and comargo to second. Lots of bench options.

I’d move inciarte but not in a Realmuto deal if I could.

I was thinking of moving inciarte to the reds for winkler plus but not sure if winkler can field well enough.
    Winkler's fastball is pretty good and oh yeah he's already on our team.
    FKA Ozzie's Chainz

Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Got to take the L sometimes.

I've been used to it over the years.
    Braves / Panthers / Lakers / Hornets / Clemson / Duke Basketball

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,353 Posts
    You guys are great. We just settled for the statue or neck markickass to start 140 games and y’all think we are trading a bunch of guys for JTR and signing someone for more than 10 million per year.

You guys need to just expect a bud norris type signing and then some bull**** spin job on how the off season was a huge success. The bull**** spin job is already 70% written.
    Last edited by bravesfanMatt; 01-27-2019 at 10:48 PM.
    Coppy

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bravesfanMatt For This Useful Post:

CrazyTrain (01-28-2019), Horsehide Harry (01-27-2019)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    526 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Champman33 View Post
    @CraigMish do you know whether the Marlins prefer Inciarte or Pederson?

Craig Mish‏Verified account @CraigMish 5h5 hours ago

Replying to @bravescody
    Inciarte and not close. Braves still in it !

Just out of curiosity, why does anyone here believe an MLB front office would fill in a beat writer with information like this? It serves them no benefit and seems ridiculous. To me this guy is just throwing things out there based on a hint he may have picked up. I mean, there is literally no one to fact check him, he can put out there whatever he wants.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,108 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCBrave View Post
    Just out of curiosity, why does anyone here believe an MLB front office would fill in a beat writer with information like this? It serves them no benefit and seems ridiculous. To me this guy is just throwing things out there based on a hint he may have picked up. I mean, there is literally no one to fact check him, he can put out there whatever he wants.
    Dude scooped almost every single Marlins trade last year, so that gives him a lot of credibility now. Until he proves himself to be clueless, his track record is virtually spotless.

Nothing he has said is illogical or improbable, unlike the majority of the garbage spewed by the Braves beat guys...remember “at least $60m to spend”?

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Enscheff For This Useful Post:

BedellBrave (01-28-2019), Champman33 (01-27-2019)

Director of Minor League Reports rico43's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,448 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesfanMatt View Post
    You guys are great. We just settled for the statue or neck markickass to start 140 games and y’all think we are trading a bunch of guys for JTR and signing someone for more than 10 million per year.

You guys need to just expect a bud norris type signing and then some bull**** spin job on how the off season was a huge success. There bull**** spin job is already 70% written.
    AA has been on the job for exactly one year and you've discerned all of these certainties in that period of time. I wish I had your conviction, but my perception is we've got no idea what and where he's going. Let's consider what he's done so far.

Signed McCann to a one-year bargain deal because Suzuki wanted a multi-year contract.
    Struck while the iron was hot on Donaldson for $24 million because he knows he's healthy and a healthy Donaldson for a full season is a great pickup. Waiting would have not allowed them to get him cheaper; they would have missed.
    They insisted Markakis come down on his demand and got a Gold Glove/All-Star for $4 million with a $2 million buyout for 2020.
    He has said the focus moving forward is on trades.
    The only bull**** I see is in your post. So since you're into juvie name-calling, call me some names, too. Show the board what you're made of.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,108 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rico43 View Post
    AA has been on the job for exactly one year and you've discerned all of these certainties in that period of time. I wish I had your conviction, but my perception is we've got no idea what and where he's going. Let's consider what he's done so far.

Signed McCann to a one-year bargain deal because Suzuki wanted a multi-year contract.
    Struck while the iron was hot on Donaldson for $24 million because he knows he's healthy and a healthy Donaldson for a full season is a great pickup. Waiting would have not allowed them to get him cheaper; they would have missed.
    They insisted Markakis come down on his demand and got a Gold Glove/All-Star for $4 million with a $2 million buyout for 2020.
    The only bull**** I see is in your post. So since your into juvie name-calling, call me some names, too. Show the board what you're made of.
    What makes you think JD wouldn’t still be on the market? I have seen zero evidence that suggests JD would have been signed if AA didn’t pounce early. There are still many 3b options available.

I won’t comment on the “Gold Glove/All-Star” remark, but...lol!

High School Draftee
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCBrave View Post
    its something to talk about in the offseason, should we not post possible leads and rumors by writers?
    Last edited by Champman33; 01-27-2019 at 11:08 PM.

Director of Minor League Reports rico43's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,448 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    What makes you think JD wouldn’t still be on the market? I have seen zero evidence that suggests JD would have been signed if AA didn’t pounce early. There are still many 3b options available.

I won’t comment on the “Gold Glove/All-Star” remark, but...lol!
    "Remark" you say. Actually, a fact, which is kinda different. If you feel he did not deserve it, then that's a fair statement. But your choice was to call him a name which you surely spent hours coming up with. Not much evidence about Donaldson because he went so quickly.

Here an MLB.com story that ran October 8, two weeks before the Braves signed him.:
    https://www.mlb.com/news/josh-donald...cy/c-300252846

BTW, Braves media indicate that a trade might not take place until after camp opens. So you have a few weeks left to make an even bigger fool out of yourself. Knock yourself out. I'm done with you.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to rico43 For This Useful Post:

blueagleace1 (01-29-2019)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,974 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesfanforlife88 View Post
    Royals have extended Whit Merrifield. 4 year deal for just over $16m total
    Not really an extension. Just buys out his arby years. Still good value though.

High School Draftee
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    I may be wrong but I do remember hearing the Cardinals had an offer out on JD as well.....
    Last edited by Champman33; 01-27-2019 at 11:07 PM.

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    773 Posts
    I think this offseason has pretty obviously been suboptimal. We've gotten good value so far and I think we've basically stayed status quo, as far as expected wins are concerned. Maybe a little less than last year. But I think we just completely whiffed on a few guys. The fact that we didn't pursue Grandal harder to beat that Brewers offer stuns me.

I'll still reserve judgement until after ST starts, though. I'm interested to see if we try to add another arm or impact bench bat. If we do, I'll be a little more optimistic.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to BeanieAntics For This Useful Post:

Champman33 (01-27-2019)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,481 Posts

The only bull**** I see is in your post. So since you're into juvie name-calling, call me some names, too. Show the board what you're made of.
    Where did he call anyone a name?

High School Draftee
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BeanieAntics View Post
    I think this offseason has pretty obviously been suboptimal. We've gotten good value so far and I think we've basically stayed status quo, as far as expected wins are concerned. Maybe a little less than last year. But I think we just completely whiffed on a few guys. The fact that we didn't pursue Grandal harder to beat that Brewers offer stuns me.

I'll still reserve judgement until after ST starts, though. I'm interested to see if we try to add another arm or impact bench bat. If we do, I'll be a little more optimistic.
    agree with this and with so many names and options left you never know when someone signs a player another becomes available, we our all a tad frustrated so far :)

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,353 Posts

Who did I name call. I am just speaking what I see. I have seen in this year. A first round pick go unsigned. Another investigation potentially costing us a high pick. Two scouting directors getting fired out of the blue just before draft. An off season with promise of spending money and prospect with a clear need at corner and catcher. Instead we got value signings to fill those needs. Then some BS talk of 70% trade and in on all these deals.

Yeah so sorry after our last GM I am a skeptic. And why the hell are you challenging me to an internet cock fight. I insulted no one and don’t appreciate the attack.
    Coppy

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,353 Posts

I hope he proves me wrong. And if he doesn’t I will go into the season with my unicorn farts and skittle rainbow optimism. But right now I am still fuming about the stupid neck signing. I despise him playing RF again.
    Coppy

High School Draftee
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    I hope he proves me wrong. And if he doesn’t I will go into the season with my unicorn farts and skittle rainbow optimism. But right now I am still fuming about the stupid neck signing. I despise him playing RF again.
    whats the war on a unicorn fart?

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,353 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Champman33 View Post
    whats the war on a unicorn fart?
    Adds a multiplier of 3 to whoever I attach it to. So very valuable.
    Coppy

23. The Following User Says Thank You to bravesfanMatt For This Useful Post:

Champman33 (01-27-2019)

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    773 Posts
    Adds a multiplier of 3 to whoever I attach it to. So very valuable.
    But you have to attach 2 toxic and 2 fairy energies to pull off. Sometimes it isn't worth it

High School Draftee
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    But you have to attach 2 toxic and 2 fairy energies to pull off. Sometimes it isn't worth it

plus that will cost a draft pick!
    Last edited by Champman33; 01-28-2019 at 01:44 AM.