Page 285 of 579 FirstFirst ... 185235275283284285286287295335385 ... LastLast
Results 5,681 to 5,700 of 11579

Thread: 2018 Offseason And Targets

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    399 Posts
    Braves could lose their #9 pick in draft because of law suit filed by MLBPA. Could be OLD news but worth watching. From MLBTR

MLBPA filed a grievance claiming that Stewart failed to reach an agreement with the Braves after his physical turned up ligament damage in his wrist, and he’s now seeking to be declared a free agent by Major League Baseball. The grievance alleges that the Braves did not offer Stewart 40 percent of his slot value, which is the minimum offer that must be made to a player in order to receive a compensation pick in the following year’s draft. Stewart was the eighth overall pick in the 2018 draft, so Atlanta stands to be picking ninth overall in the 2019 draft unless Stewart’s grievance results in a favorable ruling for the young right-hander. Needless to say, it would be a big setback for the Braves if they missed out on such a high pick and received no compensation whatsoever, so this situation is certainly worth monitoring in the coming weeks or months until some decision is finally reached.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,313 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    I’ll stop ridiculing him when he supplies an acceptable explanation as to why he dropped his sig meant to ridicule me despite swearing he would never drop it when I was proven right.

Until then I’m going to point out how stupid he is at every opportunity.
    I haven't dropped my sig. I'll put it up just for you. Btw, you haven't been proven right on anything. You still think Camargo is a 45. Perhaps you'll be right on Newcomb. We'll see.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    406 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by salmagundy View Post
    Braves could lose their #9 pick in draft because of law suit filed by MLBPA. Could be OLD news but worth watching. From MLBTR

MLBPA filed a grievance claiming that Stewart failed to reach an agreement with the Braves after his physical turned up ligament damage in his wrist, and he’s now seeking to be declared a free agent by Major League Baseball. The grievance alleges that the Braves did not offer Stewart 40 percent of his slot value, which is the minimum offer that must be made to a player in order to receive a compensation pick in the following year’s draft. Stewart was the eighth overall pick in the 2018 draft, so Atlanta stands to be picking ninth overall in the 2019 draft unless Stewart’s grievance results in a favorable ruling for the young right-hander. Needless to say, it would be a big setback for the Braves if they missed out on such a high pick and received no compensation whatsoever, so this situation is certainly worth monitoring in the coming weeks or months until some decision is finally reached.
    I can’t think AA would be that dumb. I’m sure they offered 40%. Why would they not and risk loosing the pick?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,674 Posts

Is there an out if there's an injury issue?

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,150 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBravos View Post
    I can’t think AA would be that dumb. I’m sure they offered 40%. Why would they not and risk loosing the pick?

Braves front office has made some head scratching mistakes in recent years, but I have to think someone would have to be fired if an offer for the 40% minimum wasn't extended.

It would be such obvious malpractice, I have a near impossible time imagining it could actually have happened.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,104 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Is there an out if there's an injury issue?
    IIRC the 40% rule only applies if a player allows the team to give them an MRI before the draft. If the player does not allow an MRI before the draft, and an MRI taken after the draft reveals an issue, the team doesn’t have to offer the 40%.

I can’t remember why I have this notion in my head, but it’s there, and could be completely wrong.

Either way, losing this pick for any reason would be a pretty big bonehead move for the AA FO.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,104 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garmel View Post
    I haven't dropped my sig. I'll put it up just for you. Btw, you haven't been proven right on anything. You still think Camargo is a 45. Perhaps you'll be right on Newcomb. We'll see.
    Is Camargo a utility player now?

What’s the value grade of a utility player?

Need a link to the page that defines a 45?

Is it possible for you to be any dumber? Hahaha

Keep that sig up hero!!
    Last edited by Enscheff; 01-07-2019 at 11:15 AM.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,483 Posts
    Rosenthal and DoB are saying the braves could turn to Adam Duvall to play LF if we don’t fill the cOF via trade/FA. Then use prospects/$$ left to go after another position of need...

Have to say, that’d be a huge let down
    Get off my lawn!

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,104 Posts
    LOL! Looks like someone's off his meds again. Btw, how's next year's attendance looking?
    What’s doubly funny is you keep bringing up a conversation you failed to understand, and continue to prove you still don’t understand it.

We were taking about projecting attendance and payroll.

Who has been right about payroll for years now? Who said it would be $110 last year and was right? Who said it will be $120-$125 this year and is on track to be right again?

Meanwhile, your lame attempt to mock me with your sig has backfired so epically hard you don’t even turn it on anymore unless I call you out on it.

What a clown hahahahaha! Are you the president of the Trio?

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,104 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesfanforlife88 View Post
    Rosenthal and DoB are saying the braves could turn to Adam Duvall to play LF if we don’t fill the cOF via trade/FA. Then use prospects/$$ left to go after another position of need...

I said long ago I had a bad feeling Duvall would be the answer in LF.

I hope that feeling is wrong because that’s a terrible solution.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,313 Posts
    Is Camargo a utility player now?

What’s the value grade of a utility player?

Is it possible for you to be any dumber? Hahaha

Keep that sig up hero!!
    A guy with a 3.3 WAR last year with the best UZR/150 at 3rd base in the NL is not a 45. We'll be one of the lucky teams with a super utility player that is a 50/55 in ability.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,313 Posts
    What’s doubly funny is you keep bringing up a conversation you failed to understand, and continue to prove you still don’t understand it.

We were taking about projecting attendance and payroll.

Who has been right about payroll for years now? Who said it would be $110 last year and was right? Who said it will be $120-$125 this year and is on track to be right again?

Meanwhile, your lame attempt to mock me with your sig has backfired so epically hard you don’t even turn it on anymore unless I call you out on it.

What a clown hahahahaha! Are you the president of the Trio?
    I remember the argument quite well and you made a damn fool out of yourself by being wrong on attendance. You're making a bigger fool of yourself now by lying and trying to twist the facts. I've been on a lot of websites in my time and you've got to the be the nuttiest **** I've ever encountered.

Swallowed by Mark Bowman
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,267 Posts
    I won't overreact to media reports saying that Duvall is a legit option for LF. The Braves have every reason to put it out there that they're comfortable with their situation and don't feel the need to make a move. It's a reasonable thing to say.

But actually doing it...whoa boy. Tendering Duvall a contract you can void in spring training on the hope that his abysmal performance was a small sample size fluke and he can still contribute off the bench is perfectly reasonable. Actually going into a season where you intend to compete with Adam Duvall as your starting left fielder isn't acceptable.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to MadduxFanII For This Useful Post:

clvclv (01-07-2019)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,104 Posts
    I remember the argument quite well and you made a damn fool out of yourself by being wrong on attendance. You're making a bigger fool of yourself now by lying and trying to twist the facts. I've been on a lot of websites in my time and you've got to the be the nuttiest **** I've ever encountered.
    Yet more proof you can’t quite grasp the conversation that was going on haha. The mental capacity juuuuust isn’t quite there.

Maybe we can revisit the time you thought Newk was legitimately throwing 104.

Just keep that sig up hero! Derrrrp!

What a clown lol!
    Last edited by Enscheff; 01-07-2019 at 11:37 AM.

Arizona Fall Leaguer
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts
    IIRC the 40% rule only applies if a player allows the team to give them an MRI before the draft. If the player does not allow an MRI before the draft, and an MRI taken after the draft reveals an issue, the team doesn’t have to offer the 40%.

I can’t remember why I have this notion in my head, but it’s there, and could be completely wrong.

Either way, losing this pick for any reason would be a pretty big bonehead move for the AA FO.
    Looks like you’re right.

https://www.thecubreporter.com/book/export/html/3555

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,313 Posts
    Yet more proof you can’t quite grasp the conversation that was going on haha.

Maybe we can revisit the time you thought Newk was legitimately throwing 104.

Just keep that sig up hero! Derrrrp!

What a clown lol!
    I grasped the conversation quite well and you made a fool of yourself. The only clown here is you. You're a complete nut and when you do have that inevitable psychotic break I hope you're nowhere near anybody at the time.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,150 Posts
    Just looked at aversion of the rules: https://registration.mlbpa.org/pdf/majorleaguerules.pdf

The pertinent rule is 4J.

MLB identifies 50 pitchers who are invited to participate in voluntary MRIs.

The MRI process for pitchers selected in the top 50 requires MRI of Shoulder and Elbow and for any other body part an injury to which caused the player to miss playing time in the season before the draft.

1) If a player was not invited to participate in the MLB voluntary MRI process and later fails a team administered physical, the team must offer at least 40% of the bonus pool to receive draft compensation if he does not sign. The offer must be made and left open for either seven days or until the signing deadline. Whichever occurs first.

2) If a player was invited to and participates in in the MLB voluntary MRI process and later fails a team administered physical, the team must offer at least 60% of the bonus slot money to receive draft compensation if he then does not sign IF the injury is something that would have been discovered by the MRIs submitted.

**However, if the team can establish that the injury occurred or was exacerbated after the date of the players MRI submitted to MLB, the team would only have to offer 40% with disputes as to timing being resolved by a neutral orthopedist's review and opinion.

3) If a player was invited to participate in the voluntary MRI process and declines to participate, the team is under no obligation to offer him any signing bonus if it discovers a problem that would have been revealed had the player participated in the process.

4) if the player was selected for MRI process and the injury is something that would not have been revealed by the draft MRI process the 40% offer would rule.
    Last edited by Southcack77; 01-07-2019 at 11:51 AM.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,150 Posts
    The three most obvious gray areas to me would be (there could be others):

1) Some technical problem with the offer being made. Either in the form of the offer itself or whether it had been left standing for seven days or up to the signing deadline.

2) A situation where Braves MRI discovered a problem that they believed to have occurred after Stewart's submission of a previous MRI that would have covered his wrist.

3) A dispute over whether or not a wrist MRI should have been submitted pre-draft by Stewart and was not.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts

i thought this was settled. i thought stewart enrolled in JC, therefore ending this all. why is this not solved yet?
    "Well, you’ll learn soon enough that this was a massive red wave landslide." - thethe on the 2020 election that trump lost bigly

“I can’t fix my life, but I can fix the world.” - sturg

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    406 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesfanforlife88 View Post

I dunno...disappointing, but still better than overpaying.