Results 5,721 to 5,740 of 11579

Thread: 2018 Offseason And Targets

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesfanforlife88 View Post
    DoB did respond to someone on twitter that he does expect us to make an upgrade in cOF and at least one quality pitcher
    Morosi saying on XM this afternoon that his folks have been telling him that AA's focused on adding an OF right now.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBravos View Post
    I would be in on Bumgarner...all about the asking price though.
    Report on XM earlier that Philly and Milwaukee are the two teams hottest on his trail right now.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,346 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by salmagundy View Post
    The pettiness, chirping, and continual preaching to the choir about the same idea over and over again makes visiting this board for Braves NEWS almost worthless. It appears that some posters here are only here to to confront other posters and build their post counts while adding very little to conversations. The board has changed drastically from it's inception and is no longer the "elite" Braves conversation place. Chop Country is quickly going the way of the old EPSN boards for which I am sorry to see the direction.
    No offense but I could not disagree with you more. This is still the best place to go for conversation. There is a level of intelligence that is blended with wit and sarcasm. Sure people get petty or people make head scratching posts but still the best place to go for Braves talk. I think right now is just a boring time of year and there isn’t really anything to talk about. But I enjoy all the posters here. All their flaws and strengths. I am usually on my phone and can’t see the person posting while reading it. I usually can guess who it is by how they write. I think people just get to sensitive and take things WAY too serious. Write what you want to write. Read what you want to read.
    Coppy

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bravesfanMatt For This Useful Post:

DirkPiggler (01-07-2019), jpx7 (01-07-2019)

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    i thought this was settled. i thought stewart enrolled in JC, therefore ending this all. why is this not solved yet?
    He apparently hasn't enrolled anywhere - the early mocks I've seen have him listed with "No School".

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,313 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    Again...wrong.

I said the FO was undoubtedly projecting a decline in attendance for 2018, which is why I expected payroll to be around $110M. That represented a decrease from the 2017 payroll. Lots of folks argued with me about that payroll number, including a bet I made with Ivan from TC. In the end, I was right...as usual.

As south pointed out, attendance rose as the team won. This increase of attendance allowed the Braves to add payroll at the deadline, which was awesome. The rise in attendance also allowed the Braves to most likely project additional growth in attendance this year, which is why we are likely to see a payroll of $120M+. Not quite the “at least $60M left to spend” we’ve seen blabbered, but still a nice increase.

I’ve been correctly projecting the Braves payroll for years now.

Please try to keep up when the adults are talking. You might learn something.

But keep that sig up hero! Derrrrp!!
    Nope. You're a lying sack of **** and you know it. I remember you going after Southcrack during that time for his predictions but he was correct. You told anybody who thought attendance going up was stupid. However, I remember you backing off that statement when it was shown to be wrong weeks later.
    Last edited by Garmel; 01-07-2019 at 04:21 PM.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,313 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyTrain View Post
    He's an intolerable douchebag. The worst.
    Yep. Bad thing is that he's lying to me in order to save face.

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Just going through everyone's current depth charts looking for landing spots for Pollock...

Angels - Not Likely
    Astros - Not Likely
    Blue Jays - Not Likely
    Braves - ???
    Brewers - Not Likely
    Cardinals - Not Likely
    Cubs - Not Likely
    D-Backs - Not Likely
    Dodgers - Not Likely
    Giants - ???
    Indians - ???
    Mariners - Not Likely
    Marlins - Not Likely
    Mets - Not Likely
    Nationals - Not Likely
    Orioles - Not Likely
    Padres - Not Likely
    Phillies - ???
    Pirates - Not Likely
    Rangers - Not Likely
    Rays - Not Likely
    Red Sox - Not Likely
    Reds - ???
    Rockies - Not Likely
    Royals - Not Likely
    Tigers - Not Likely
    Twins - Not Likely
    White Sox - Not Likely
    Yankees - Not Likely

That gives you the Giants, Indians, Phillies, and Reds you're competing against. If winning factors into his decision, you can likely eliminate San Francisco. It also probably eliminates the Reds. After working so hard to cut salaries, does Cleveland have enough money to beat an offer from us or Philadelphia? Given the fact they're not likely going to get Machado or Harper to take their stupid money, it still makes more sense for the Phillies to outbid AA for both Pollock and Keuchel, and it's pretty fair to surmise that spreading that money out between McCutchen, Segura, Keuchel, Robertson, Pollock, and moving Hoskins out of LF makes them the most improved team in the division, and they could still go out and add Moustakas and Grandal since neither seems to have much of a market.

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,830 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garmel View Post
    Nope. You're a lying sack of **** and you know it. I remember you going after Southcrack during that time for his predictions but he was correct. You told anybody who thought attendance going up was stupid. However, I remember you backing off that statement when it was shown to be wrong weeks later.
    Attendance increased because the Braves won. That is the only reason. If you were of the opinion the Braves would not be a winning team in 2018 then you had no reason to expect attendance to increase.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,313 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thewupk View Post
    Attendance increased because the Braves won. That is the only reason. If you were of the opinion the Braves would not be a winning team in 2018 then you had no reason to expect attendance to increase.
    Doesn't matter the reason or why Southcrack was right and Enscheff was wrong. The fact is that Enscheff ridiculed anybody who said it was going up and now he's trying to say he didn't. He's lying and he knows it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,989 Posts
    We are really pointing fingers and arguing right and wrong? The hell is happening here?

Arbitration Eligible Freshmaker's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    521 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by UNCBlue012 View Post
    We are really pointing fingers and arguing right and wrong? The hell is happening here?
    Lack of news is making folks REALLY bored lol. Guess the Herrera signing didn't spark up much of a discussion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    521 Posts
    I have nothing to base this on and am probably completely wrong, but I have this feeling that Kimbrel is coming home. It'll be a much shorter deal than he's looking for , but for w/e reason he hasn't had a lot of suitors (at least that we know of). I think we get a cOF still, do nothing for the rotation, and get Kimbrel to supercharge the 'pen

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,830 Posts
    Doesn't matter the reason or why Southcrack was right and Enscheff was wrong. The fact is that Enscheff ridiculed anybody who said it was going up and now he's trying to say he didn't. He's lying and he knows it.
    Those that said it would go up were saying it would go up for reasons besides the team winning. They were wrong. Pretty easy for most of us to understand this.

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,830 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clvclv View Post
    He apparently hasn't enrolled anywhere - the early mocks I've seen have him listed with "No School".
    He enrolled in Eastern Florida State College.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thewupk For This Useful Post:

clvclv (01-08-2019), jpx7 (01-07-2019)

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    773 Posts
    This is a clear instance of exploiting a conclusion by completely disregarding the premise. The reasons for the attendance going up are obvious. Its equally obvious that when the statements were being made, none of the involved parties were expecting a 90 win season. So they were both arguing from the premise of the Braves having a below .500 record. As soon as the premise is proven wrong, the conclusions drawn from the premise are basically meaningless.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to BeanieAntics For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (01-07-2019)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,313 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BeanieAntics View Post
    This is a clear instance of exploiting a conclusion by completely disregarding the premise. The reasons for the attendance going up are obvious. Its equally obvious that when the statements were being made, none of the involved parties were expecting a 90 win season. So they were both arguing from the premise of the Braves having a below .500 record. As soon as the premise is proven wrong, the conclusions drawn from the premise are basically meaningless.
    I thought I made this perfectly clear but you and thewupk are jumping to some conclusions that I'm not even trying to make. I don't care about any of that. The only points than I am making was that 1) Enscheff said that anybody who thought it was going up was an idiot. 2) Most important point- He now denies saying this in order to save face. I don't how you and thewupk are getting on these tangents that have nothing to do with what i'm talking about. Now if I'm not clear on this I will explain it again.
    Last edited by Garmel; 01-07-2019 at 07:45 PM.

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    773 Posts
    I thought I made this perfectly clear but you and thewupk are jumping to some conclusions that I'm not even trying to make. I don't care about any of that. The only points than I am making was that 1) Enscheff said that anybody who thought it was going up was an idiot. 2) Most important point- He now denies saying this in order to save face. I don't how you and thewupk are getting on these tangents that have nothing to do with what i'm talking about. Now if I'm not clear on this I will explain it again.
    We aren't doubting that you aren't considering context. We're telling you that its really really really stupid to not do so.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,313 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BeanieAntics View Post
    We aren't doubting that you aren't considering context. We're telling you that its really really really stupid to do so.
    WTF? How is it stupid to point out that someone is lying straight to my face? You really possess some ****ed in the head reasoning

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    521 Posts

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Freshmaker For This Useful Post:

Garmel (01-07-2019)

Voted Worst Poster
    2015 (Co-Winner)
    2018 (Unanimous)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received