Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,746 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesfanforlife88 View Post
    Bryce sent this quote out after the AFC championship game when Romo was calling the correct plays live on tv before they snapped the ball
    In fairness, the whole world figured out by the 4th quarter that everytime the Pats needed a first down that it was going to Edelman 12-15 yards in the middle of the field. Or Gronk out wide.
    Forever Fredi

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,150 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carp View Post
    This is true. It's quite a big risk considering he hasn't thrown anywhere near 200 innings since 2015 and is coming off the worst season of his career. But assuming Gray returns to previous form, he would easily have got 15-20 million per for at least 4 years next off-season.

Still, the extension doesn't hold any value in relation to the trade and should be looked at entirely seperate.
    Worst season of his career still worth 1.7 war and he also had the really weird home/road split.

He’s easily worth Jaime Garcia/Colon/sabathia money and they’re coming in under that in the length of the guarantee, which I wouldn’t be crazy about.

I think it’s strange to trade for that in the reds shoes, but I sort of get it a little.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Individual-1 View Post
    In fairness, the whole world figured out by the 4th quarter that everytime the Pats needed a first down that it was going to Edelman 12-15 yards in the middle of the field. Or Gronk out wide.
    did you watch tho? he diagnosed like everything, and it wasn't just "it's going to edelman in the middle of the field." besides, a bunch of the ones late in the game weren't even throws.
    "Well, you’ll learn soon enough that this was a massive red wave landslide." - thethe on the 2020 election that trump lost bigly

“I can’t fix my life, but I can fix the world.” - sturg

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,837 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    did you watch tho? he diagnosed like everything, and it wasn't just "it's going to edelman in the middle of the field." besides, a bunch of the ones late in the game weren't even throws.
    Romo is very good at dissecting the other teams defense and deciding what the best plays are against whatever formation they have. He's even better when it comes to the Patriots and Brady as he's watched hundreds of hours of film of them trying to emulate their game his last few years in Dallas.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,487 Posts
    AA been telling the braves beat writers it seems like he may go into spring training without a fill in the outfield, but expects to have made a move before opening day....

He is really starting to piss me off....maybe Gohara/Soroka/Touki/Wright/ etc. can play outfield?
    Get off my lawn!

Anytime Now Frankie...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    265 Posts
    AA been telling the braves beat writers it seems like he may go into spring training without a fill in the outfield, but expects to have made a move before opening day....

He is really starting to piss me off....maybe Gohara/Soroka/Touki/Wright/ etc. can play outfield?
    Where did you see this?

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,487 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Oklahomabrave View Post
    Where did you see this?
    It's from an AJC article written around Chop Fest/Fan Fest
    Get off my lawn!

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,487 Posts
    Where did you see this?
    Link

"Anthopoulos took the fan pulse at Chop Fest on Saturday, seeing the anxiousness that’s dominated social media and fan conversation since the Braves reeled in two free agents just after Thanksgiving. They opened the winter with a bang, bolstering the lineup with Josh Donaldson and plugging the catcher vacancy with fan-favorite Brian McCann.

Crickets since: As the National League East transforms into an arms race, the Braves are taking a more methodical approach. They don’t plan to change that strategy either, and if the discussions bleed into spring training, so be it."
    Get off my lawn!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    https://www.ajc.com/sports/baseball/...QgijfSNGy6aeK/

This article has a 1/21/2019 byline and has the following quotes from AA:

“We’ve been engaged on more outfield than anything else,” Anthopoulos said. “We’ve still kicked around bullpen and starters. We’re still open-minded to some other trades for other things. Obviously I want to give the fans some type of insight and be more specific, but that’d probably put us in a tough spot from a negotiating standpoint. We’re still active and trying to be creative, is probably the best way to put it.”

“I expect us to add. I just don’t know if that’s one, two or three players,” Anthopoulos said, assuring they’d strengthen their roster before opening day.

“The things that we have been engaged on, one outfielder, potentially could resolve itself soon,” he said, while not unveiling whether that’s a free agent or trade target. “Some other free agents I think will take some time, and some of the trades I think could resolve themselves soon.

“We have multiple balls in the air. Right now we’re weighing, do we give up mostly young assets in trade? Or do we just spend dollars in free agency? There are times you may be excited about a trade but you’re weighing the prospect capital you’re going to give up. That’s the way the job works, but those are some of the things we have to talk about.”
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

11. The Following User Says Thank You to nsacpi For This Useful Post:

UNCBlue012 (01-22-2019)

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Where did you see this?
    http://www.chopcountry.com/forums/sh...=8728&page=335

Post #6681.

Think it was mentioned earlier than that as well.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,487 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    https://www.ajc.com/sports/baseball/...QgijfSNGy6aeK/

This article has a 1/21/2019 byline and has the following quotes from AA:

“We’ve been engaged on more outfield than anything else,” Anthopoulos said. “We’ve still kicked around bullpen and starters. We’re still open-minded to some other trades for other things. Obviously I want to give the fans some type of insight and be more specific, but that’d probably put us in a tough spot from a negotiating standpoint. We’re still active and trying to be creative, is probably the best way to put it.”

“I expect us to add. I just don’t know if that’s one, two or three players,” Anthopoulos said, assuring they’d strengthen their roster before opening day.

“The things that we have been engaged on, one outfielder, potentially could resolve itself soon,” he said, while not unveiling whether that’s a free agent or trade target. “Some other free agents I think will take some time, and some of the trades I think could resolve themselves soon.

“We have multiple balls in the air. Right now we’re weighing, do we give up mostly young assets in trade? Or do we just spend dollars in free agency? There are times you may be excited about a trade but you’re weighing the prospect capital you’re going to give up. That’s the way the job works, but those are some of the things we have to talk about.”
    The article I posted has the same quotes, but also says that it could go into spring training unresolved...
    Get off my lawn!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    The article I posted has the same quotes, but also says that it could go into spring training unresolved...
    Is the part about going into spring training unresolved a quote or an inference on the author's part?

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,123 Posts
    I’d guess it’s just AA not wanting to look desperate in trade talks so he’s saying that thru the media.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hudson2 View Post
    I’d guess it’s just AA not wanting to look desperate in trade talks so he’s saying that thru the media.
    yep, as always, i take that kind of thing with the tiniest grain of salt.
    "Well, you’ll learn soon enough that this was a massive red wave landslide." - thethe on the 2020 election that trump lost bigly

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,487 Posts
    Inference on the writer's part, but sounds logical based on how this offseason has unfolded
    Get off my lawn!

NL Rookie of the Year
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    332 Posts
    Don’t understand why anyone freaks out or pays attention to anything AA says to the media. It is clear that the Braves beat reporters have no clue what his plans really are. We’ll likely find out when they do whenever a move is made.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ozzie Swanson For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (01-22-2019), UNCBlue012 (01-22-2019)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzie Swanson View Post
    Don’t understand why anyone freaks out or pays attention to anything AA says to the media. It is clear that the Braves beat reporters have no clue what his plans really are. We’ll likely find out when they do whenever a move is made.
    He keeps things close to the vest and is willing to move in unexpected directions if a good value opportunity presents itself. But he's also plainly stated finding a corner outfielder is their main focus at this point. And that part is pretty logical given the roster. He's also indicated he has multiple balls in the air and that one trade possibility might resolve itself soon.

There is really nothing mysterious going on. He is looking at three outfielders. One is likely Muk. The others are trade possibilities and I think we've pretty thoroughly discussed the possibilities around here. I'd be surprised if our third outfielder on opening day is someone that has not been discussed around here.
    Last edited by nsacpi; 01-22-2019 at 11:20 AM.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,881 Posts
    The longer he waits- the vet options get cheaper I’d think.
    Ivermectin Man

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    Asdrubal just signed for 1 year at less than $5M. I can't imagine Markakis will command more than that.