Page 170 of 579 FirstFirst ... 70120160168169170171172180220270 ... LastLast
Results 3,381 to 3,400 of 11579

Thread: 2018 Offseason And Targets

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,108 Posts
    "Marlins CEO Derek Jeter is “insisting” that a deal involving Realmuto must bring a quality MLB-level piece to Miami, per Clark Spencer of the Miami Herald (via Twitter). That lends further credence to the concept of Yankees youngster Miguel Andujar possibly being involved in a three-team arrangement."

Why? Why would a team with no chance to contend in the near future care about getting an MLB player in return?

The Marlins are going to be very bad for a very long time.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Enscheff For This Useful Post:

Chico (12-11-2018), JohnAdcox (12-11-2018), UNCBlue012 (12-11-2018)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,108 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyTrain View Post
    Derp derp yourself, dip****. Fried has more problems controlling the ball than he does his blisters and for that reason we should trade him while people still think he can be good.
    Notice how you clash with several posters with your proudly ignorant attitude?

I wonder who the problem is...

Spring Training Invitee
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    What would the trade value be for Bellinger?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brian22 View Post
    What would the trade value be for Bellinger?
    He and Albies are pretty close in value.
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,108 Posts
    From MLBTR:

"Bob Nightengale of USA Today tweets that Happ’s market is “heating up,” while Jeff Passan of Yahoo Sports reports on Twitter that Happ is sitting on multiple two-year offers."

MLBTR predicted him to get 3/48, and speculate the first team to offer the 3rd year will sign him quickly. He is probably sitting on offers in the range of 2/35, and I really hope the Braves aren't the team that gives him 3/50.

Spending $15M+ per year on Happ would mean the Braves are primed to trade for a cheap cOF like Haniger or Frazier...or have an opening day payroll figure of $135M+.
    Last edited by Enscheff; 12-11-2018 at 01:50 PM.

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,353 Posts
    Miami is already bad. But they won’t ever be good as long as Jeter is their.
    Coppy

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    Or if we take him literally they are open to trading an infielder, a catcher or a relief pitcher off the major league roster. I suspect Fried would fall in the category relief pitcher in terms of what AA is talking about.

I think Fried could be the most significant part of a trade that netted us an outfielder such as Pederson, Kepler, or Ian Happ.

Interesting to see that Brandon Belt is attracting attention. He can play outfield. And presumably the Giants might be willing to eat part of his contract to enhance the return.
    A Fried for Happ swap might be an interesting challenge trade. Hate his strikeouts, but always felt he'd make better contact eventually (with a consistent spot in the lineup and playing time).

If you could make that kind of swap, the whispers tying us to Happ or Keuchel make a little more sense - especially if you can get Happ on a 2-year deal and pawn Julio off on someone.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,040 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    "Marlins CEO Derek Jeter is “insisting” that a deal involving Realmuto must bring a quality MLB-level piece to Miami, per Clark Spencer of the Miami Herald (via Twitter). That lends further credence to the concept of Yankees youngster Miguel Andujar possibly being involved in a three-team arrangement."

Why? Why would a team with no chance to contend in the near future care about getting an MLB player in return?

I think Jeter is really concerned with appearances after the way he came in and immediately slashed payroll to nothing. Trading Realmuto for prospects is what he should do for the good of the club but he'll look better to the casual fan if he gets someone back they've heard of before.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,150 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post

I think I get why they would want Andujar.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,150 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by striker42 View Post
    I think Jeter is really concerned with appearances after the way he came in and immediately slashed payroll to nothing. Trading Realmuto for prospects is what he should do for the good of the club but he'll look better to the casual fan if he gets someone back they've heard of before.
    Why would you rather have a prospect than someone with five years of control that just put up 3 WAR at 23? If you'd rather have the prospect you can always make that happen at a later date.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,108 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Southcack77 View Post
    Why would you rather have a prospect than someone with five years of control that just put up 3 WAR at 23? If you'd rather have the prospect you can always make that happen at a later date.
    Probably because they are going to waste a ton of Andujar's value on a terrible team, and then trade his less valuable years for less prospect capital.

Resource management 101.

This is all about Jeter not knowing anything and worrying about the optics of his other terrible deals. He is not qualified to run an organization, and every move is proving it more and more.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    could maybe trade andujar in 2+ years for a better prospect than you could get right now for JT.
    "Well, you’ll learn soon enough that this was a massive red wave landslide." - thethe on the 2020 election that trump lost bigly

“I can’t fix my life, but I can fix the world.” - sturg

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,487 Posts

AA met with a FA Starters agent today. Says that they are going to get together and put an offer together...doesn't mean they will sign today, or within a week, or 2 weeks...but says that market is heating up

DoB was asked that via twitter and seems to think it could be Happ
    Get off my lawn!

NL Rookie of the Year
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    376 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesfanforlife88 View Post

AA met with a FA Starters agent today. Says that they are going to get together and put an offer together...doesn't mean they will sign today, or within a week, or 2 weeks...but says that market is heating up

DoB was asked that via twitter and seems to think it could be Happ
    If we did acquire a FA starter I'd think it would be Happ as well. He'll sign for the fewest years and AA has some history with him from their time in Toronto. I'd really want it to be 2 years though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,040 Posts
    There's a premium placed on young major leaguers as they come with far less risk than prospects. It's not one young major leaguer instead of one prospect. It's likely one young major leaguer instead of a whole list of prospects. It's lower risk but lower reward. And as Enscheff pointed out, getting a young major leaguer just wastes his value for a few years. It's a better idea to take the risk and hope for a bigger payoff at a time when it could benefit you.

NL Rookie of the Year
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    376 Posts
    Andujar's defense was pretty bad last year. He may end up being a 1B or DH. I wonder if Miami has given that any thought.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,150 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    could maybe trade andujar in 2+ years for a better prospect than you could get right now for JT.
    He was just 30% better than league average at the plate as a 23 year old rookie.

He's got five years of control left, I think.

They can move him if they want down the road. I personally don't think setting a 3 or 4 year target is that unreasonable and you certainly have the flexibility of bailing out of it if you need to.

Andujar is a better bet than some low minors guys and someone near the majors isn't necessarily a much different time table.

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    599 Posts
    How Realistic is us blowing out the farm for Haniger and JT?
    That would be ideal... and if we are going to go for it, then that makes the most sense to me.
    Probably cost:
    Wright
    Muller
    Allard
    Wentz
    Pache/ Riley
    At least...
    Thoughts from the braintrust?
    And if dreaming, go ahead and include Julio and Dansby in those deals and go sign Machado. By my terrible math, we could actually do that if we really have around 20M to spend.
    Obviously, we’d then have to rely on internal pieces for pen and rotation... Gohara, Soroka, Fried, Touki, Anderson. Hopefully one or two would end up elite to go with Folty Newk and Gauseman...
    What a lineup that would be :
    Acuna
    Machado
    Freeman
    Donaldson
    Haniger
    Realmuto
    Albies
    Ender
    Last edited by Hulavol; 12-11-2018 at 02:29 PM.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,487 Posts
    Heyman: "Being told Folty, Inciarte and Swanson are all “staying put.” At least that’s the plan. Braves are looking to add, not subtract, off their nice year. #braves"
    Get off my lawn!

NL Rookie of the Year
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    376 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesfanforlife88 View Post
    Heyman: "Being told Folty, Inciarte and Swanson are all “staying put.” At least that’s the plan. Braves are looking to add, not subtract, off their nice year. #braves"
    If any of the 3 were traded I'd still expect this to be the narrative prior to it happening.