Thanked in
    1,991 Posts

Voted Worst Poster
    '13, '14, '15 (Co-Winner)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,831 Posts
    Haniger's the best fit in LF but it would cost a haul, whether AA would give Dipito enough to get him is anyones guess.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,991 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Heyward View Post
    Haniger's the best fit in LF but it would cost a haul, whether AA would give Dipito enough to get him is anyones guess.
    1. Cristian Pache/Riley, Soroka, Touki all gone. lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chico View Post
    Haniger would cost a lot. I've seen 135M as a reasonable surplus value, maybe more maybe less.

That's something like Pache, Wright, Wilson, and Allard

Maybe we take Swarzak back to lessen the package or just to get them to pull the trigger
    Is that really enough? I would rip Dipoto's arm off accepting that deal.
    Go get him!

Founding member of the Whiny Little Bitches and Pricks Club

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by UNCBlue012 View Post
    1. Cristian Pache/Riley, Soroka, Touki all gone. lol
    That seems more painful, and more like what I would expect
    Go get him!

Founding member of the Whiny Little Bitches and Pricks Club

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Jaw For This Useful Post:

UNCBlue012 (12-12-2018)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,493 Posts
    Jon Heyman

Verified account

@JonHeyman
    18m18 minutes ago
    More
    Rockies last payment to Mike Hampton on deferred payment plan comes due Saturday
    Get off my lawn!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bravesfanforlife88 For This Useful Post:

buck75 (12-12-2018), cajunrevenge (12-12-2018)

Spring Training Invitee TheRunningAgent's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    I know that we need another outfielder but if we just realize that we have Duvall/Camargo who can give us great defense and decent offense, maybe we need to be focusing more on a starter and a couple of relievers. Maybe that’s our ace in the hole and the reason AA hasn’t jumped on a deal yet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,991 Posts

Spring Training Invitee TheRunningAgent's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by UNCBlue012 View Post
    Maybe the 3-way fell through. I think the Marlins are probably being unreasonable and am a little surprised the Braves are still in it. Deep down, the Marlins know we have more to offer.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,129 Posts
    I buy every bit of Haniger's 3 win projection for 2019, and I think he would be projected for ~12 wins over the next 4 seasons he is controlled for ~$25M. That's a surplus value pushing $100M (though way below that $135M figure being tossed around earlier).

Knowing what we know about the Ms quotes for a Haniger return, the package from the Braves almost certainly starts with one of Pache/Riley plus one of Soroka/Wright/Anderson (or maybe Touki or Newk). That duo represents about $80M in value, and then random filler would be sprinkled in to complete the package.

Is that type of package for 4 years of Haniger (a young 3 win player) preferable to $50M in cash for 3 years of Cutch (an aging 3 win player)? The only way it is preferable is if the Braves don't have $50M to give Cutch. The only way the Braves don't have $50M to give Cutch is if they are insistent on adding a SP, or if the opening day payroll is $120M and they've already spent $107M.

I still think the most likely scenario is the Braves getting a Gray/Frazier package from the Yankees in exchange for young pitching that the Yankees will somehow turn into studs. Gohara for Gray/Frazier, and Gohara turns into a monster. If I had to bet on 1 specific scenario, that's where I'd place my money.
    Last edited by Enscheff; 12-12-2018 at 01:46 PM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Enscheff For This Useful Post:

UNCBlue012 (12-12-2018)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,151 Posts
    Only thing i'll say is Mish broke the Ozuna/Yelich trades, so he's not just a mouthpiece to the Marlins. He knows something.

Not sure if the Braves are in on Realmuto but he keeps saying they are. I'd be ok going cheap with the outfield i guess if they got Realmuto.

If they get Realmuto, I think it would be more imperative that they go all out for an OF.

Anytime Now Frankie... tululush's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    180 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRunningAgent View Post
    Maybe the 3-way fell through. I think the Marlins are probably being unreasonable and am a little surprised the Braves are still in it. Deep down, the Marlins know we have more to offer.
    If I were AA I'd tell the Marlins this is the package I am willing to give up. Nothing more. Our offer is good until (insert day/time). If we don't hear from you to accept/decline our offer by that time we will be moving forward with other options and our offer won't be valid. Enough dicking around.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to tululush For This Useful Post:

TheRunningAgent (12-12-2018)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,129 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tululush View Post
    If I were AA I'd tell the Marlins this is the package I am willing to give up. Nothing more. Our offer is good until (insert day/time). If we don't hear from you to accept/decline our offer by that time we will be moving forward with other options and our offer won't be valid. Enough dicking around.
    So, basically the way every single team operates in such dealings?

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Enscheff For This Useful Post:

cajunrevenge (12-12-2018), UNCBlue012 (12-12-2018)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,493 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRunningAgent View Post
    I wonder if the Braves have an aggressive offer out there already and the Marlins are hoping that someone steps in to beat it...

AA usually plays things close to the chest, but he has already come out and said that we have talked with them and discussed players in a deal
    Get off my lawn!

Voted Worst Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,831 Posts
    Mish said in a Q/A video on twitter that if Miami traded him to Atlanta, Riley would have to be in it. Said the Newk thing got shot down.

Anytime Now Frankie... tululush's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    180 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    So, basically the way every single team operates in such dealings?
    If that's the case then AA must have given them a pretty large window. If that's the case, I'd give them a short window. He's been 'on the market' for a while now. They should have a good idea of what other teams are willing to trade for him. They (in this scenario) have an offer from us. It should be pretty cut and dry if we're firm on what we're offering. Either accept bc it's the best offer you have, or move on if it's not enough. We're not adding to the package anymore so it should be pretty cut and dry. We shouldn't be the ones held hostage by them. There are plenty of other free agent catchers available that won't cost prospect capital.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,991 Posts
    Mish said in a Q/A video on twitter that if Miami traded him to Atlanta, Riley would have to be in it. Said the Newk thing got shot down.
    I'd be fine with Riley being in the deal and even prefer that to Pache. I'm not overly high on either one, but Riley less so; the K's scare me.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,129 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tululush View Post
    If that's the case then AA must have given them a pretty large window. If that's the case, I'd give them a short window. He's been 'on the market' for a while now. They should have a good idea of what other teams are willing to trade for him. They (in this scenario) have an offer from us. It should be pretty cut and dry if we're firm on what we're offering. Either accept bc it's the best offer you have, or move on if it's not enough. We're not adding to the package anymore so it should be pretty cut and dry. We shouldn't be the ones held hostage by them. There are plenty of other free agent catchers available that won't cost prospect capital.
    The Braves already have Flowers and Mac on board. I fail to see how the Braves are being "held hostage".

Voted Worst Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,831 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    I buy every bit of Haniger's 3 win projection for 2019, and I think he would be projected for ~12 wins over the next 4 seasons he is controlled for ~$25M. That's a surplus value pushing $100M (though way below that $135M figure being tossed around earlier).

Knowing what we know about the Ms quotes for a Haniger return, the package from the Braves almost certainly starts with one of Pache/Riley plus one of Soroka/Wright/Anderson (or maybe Touki or Newk). That duo represents about $80M in value, and then random filler would be sprinkled in to complete the package.

Is that type of package for 4 years of Haniger (a young 3 win player) preferable to $50M in cash for 3 years of Cutch (an aging 3 win player)? The only way it is preferable is if the Braves don't have $50M to give Cutch. The only way the Braves don't have $50M to give Cutch is if they are insistent on adding a SP, or if the opening day payroll is $120M and they've already spent $107M.

I still think the most likely scenario is the Braves getting a Gray/Frazier package from the Yankees in exchange for young pitching that the Yankees will somehow turn into studs. Gohara for Gray/Frazier, and Gohara turns into a monster. If I had to bet on 1 specific scenario, that's where I'd place my money.
    Haniger for Pache, one of our top 4 pitchers, a lesser one like Wilson/Allard/Fried and a no-name is about as good of a deal as you can get.

Pass on the Gray/Frazier idea.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Heyward For This Useful Post:

UNCBlue012 (12-12-2018)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,493 Posts
    Jon Heyman

Verified account

@JonHeyman
    5m5 minutes ago
    More
    Names mentioned in Reds’ Realmuto talks include catcher Tucker Barnhart and OF Taylor trammell

Barnhart hit around .245 with 10 HRs for Cin last year while Trammell is their #2 prospect, #17 in baseball on MLB Pipeline

From MLB Pipeline:

Scouting grades: Hit: 55 | Power: 50 | Run: 70 | Arm: 45 | Field: 55 | Overall: 60
    Trammell was a talented multi-sport athlete from the high school ranks in Georgia, one who had the chance to play football and baseball at Georgia Tech. The Reds liked his tools on the diamond enough to go way above pick value to give him $3.2 million as the No. 35 overall pick in the 2016 Draft. He rewarded the organization's faith with a very productive first full season in the Midwest League in 2017.

Everyone knew Trammell's athleticism would help make him an exciting prospect, but his feel for the game has exceeded many expectations. While there is some swing and miss he'll continue to work on, Trammell's strikeout rate went down and his walk rate went up in the second half of his first full season. His ability to draw walks allows him to use his speed to be a basestealing threat on a more regular basis. He has shown the ability to drive the ball with extra-base pop, and there should be more over-the-fence power to come as he matures. His speed works well in the outfield and most feel he could stick in center field, though his fringy arm could push him to left down the road.

Wherever he plays defensively, Trammell has the tools to impact the game in a number of ways. The development of his bat and speed as he moves up the ladder will be one of the more exciting Reds prospect storylines to watch in 2018.
    Last edited by bravesfanforlife88; 12-12-2018 at 01:57 PM.
    Get off my lawn!