Results 3,701 to 3,720 of 11579

Thread: 2018 Offseason And Targets

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,488 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    Also worth mentioning that a lineup with JD, JTR and Acuna is pretty RHH heavy. Slotting a LHH into LF wouldn't be a bad idea at that point.

Brantely would be nice...
    Brantley would be preferred....if we needed to check down to Neck or CarGo, i'd be okay there, if it allowed us to splurge on a big rotation upgrade.

Acuna LF
    Donaldson 3B
    Freeman 1B
    JTR C
    CarGo/Neck RF
    Albies 2B
    Inciarte CF
    Swanson SS
    Get off my lawn!

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,150 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by striker42 View Post
    I'm warming up to the idea of getting Frazier. It's still a question as to whether he'll be able to make the jump to the majors but he's got talent and if he's going to break out and establish himself as a quality player, it's a good bet this is the year it happens.

I wouldn't mind a trade for Gray and Frazier provided the cost is reasonable.

I would be pretty happy with Markakis on a one year/team option and Frazier being brought in cheap. Something like Fried/Culberson for Gray/Frazier.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,108 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by striker42 View Post
    My take as well. What's his surplus value look like? Frazier's as well?
    Projected to earn $9M in 2019, and FG has him projected for 0.5 wins. I'll take ther over on that, and I'm sure any team acquiring him will as well. His surplus value is less than $10M though.

Frazier falls in that hard to value "post hype prospect" category, but he was considered a 55 when he was a prospect. Those guys have a value around $45M, and it's possible some of the shine has worn off Frazier a bit, so his value may be a little lower.

I'd value the Gray/Frazier package around $40M+, which is why I suggested Gohara as the return. He's exactly the type of arm the Yankees would turn into the next Andrew Miller monster out their BP, and then everyone would once again marvel at how great the Yankees pitching development system is.
    Last edited by Enscheff; 12-12-2018 at 02:52 PM.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,150 Posts
    Or....

Sign Happ. Adds $16M to payroll.

Riley/Pitcher/filler for Haniger. Adds nothng to payroll.

Dump Duval, sign a LHH 4th OFer. Adds no salary to payroll.

Mostly rely on internal options for the BP. Adds no salary to payroll.

Total opening day payroll ends up right around $125M, as projected months ago.

I don't see them doing much in the bullpen beyond whatever veteran leverage guy ends up signing a reasonable deal. They really do not have to do anything right now. the internal options abound.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,108 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Southcack77 View Post
    I don't think they went into the offseason fixated on Andrew McCutcheon.

I think they probably had their sights on a number of guys and felt they could land someone for a deal they liked once the market began to resolve itself.

I give AA enough credit to be as accurate on forecasting free agent deals as Kiley McDaniel, the dude from MLBTR, or Keith Law or the regular fan. I don't think AA is surprised that the market gave McCutcheon three years, because I don't think anyone was especially surprised he got three years.
    It's McCutchen.

All evidence points to the fact they saw Cutch at the same level as Markakis and Cargo. That means they misread the cOF market.

If they settle on Markakis or Cargo because they spent $23M on JD, that was a bad choice based upon bad market projection.

We will see.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,676 Posts
    Projected to earn $9M in 2019, and FG has him projected for 0.5 wins. I'll take ther over on that, and I'm sure any team acquiring him will as well. His surplus value is less than $10M though.

Frazier falls in that hard to value "post hype prospect" category, but he was considered a 55 when he was a prospect. Those guys have a value around $45M, and it's possible some of the shine has worn off Frazier a bit, so his vlaue may be a little lower.

I'd value the Gray/Frazier package around $40M, which is why I suggested Gohara as the return. He's exactly the type of arm the Yankees would turn into the next Andrew Miller monster out their BP, and then everyone would once again marvel at how great the Yankees pitching development system is.
    Rather we turn gohara into the beast he's gonna be

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,150 Posts
    It's McCutchen.

All evidence points to the fact they saw Cutch at the same level as Markakis and Cargo. That means they misread the cOF market.

If they settle on Markakis or Cargo because they spent $23M on JD, that was a bad choice based upon bad market projection.

We will see.
    What is the evidence they viewed Markakis and Cargo the same as McCutchen? I missed whatever it is that has you saying that.

Voted Worst Poster
    '13, '14, '15 (Co-Winner)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,831 Posts
    J.T. Realmuto trade is possible in the coming days. #Reds, #Mets, #Braves among the teams involved as of this morning. @MLBNetwork @MLB

Morosi on twitter.

I feel like the Reds might scoop in and get him but i'm not sure i get the fit. All of the Cubs/Cards/Brewers are playoff caliber teams within the division and idk if JT would sign long-term there. Even though the Reds do have some nice pieces.
    Last edited by Heyward; 12-12-2018 at 03:00 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Heyward View Post
    J.T. Realmuto trade is possible in the coming days. #Reds, #Mets, #Braves among the teams involved as of this morning. @MLBNetwork @MLB

Morosi on twitter.

I feel like the Reds might scoop in and get him but i'm not sure i get the fit. All of the Cubs/Cards/Brewers are playoff caliber teams within the division and idk if JT would sign long-term there. Even though the Reds do have some nice pieces.
    I actually bet the Reds do end up winning the sweepstakes, but I'd love it to be us.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,041 Posts

Frazier falls in that hard to value "post hype prospect" category, but he was considered a 55 when he was a prospect. Those guys have a value around $45M, and it's possible some of the shine has worn off Frazier a bit, so his value may be a little lower.

I'd value the Gray/Frazier package around $40M+, which is why I suggested Gohara as the return. He's exactly the type of arm the Yankees would turn into the next Andrew Miller monster out their BP, and then everyone would once again marvel at how great the Yankees pitching development system is.
    Thanks! There's a fit there. Gray would help fill out our rotation, especially if he can rebound a bit leaving Yankee stadium and the AL East. Frazier isn't as shiny as he once was but I could still see him becoming a solid major leaguer and help fill out our OF.

If we were to get Realmuto, that might give us a little room to take a chance on someone like Frazier and see if it pays off.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,881 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Heyward View Post

Morosi on twitter.

I just don’t see the Mets parting with Rosario or Conforto. They can’t get it done if they don’t imo.
    Ivermectin Man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    I feel like people always overvalue Yankee prospects for some reason. Frazier looks at least as likely to be a quad A player as a MLB regular to me. Why do people find him attractive enough that they would deal a FV55 pitcher for Frazier and a glass arm?
    Go get him!

Founding member of the Whiny Little Bitches and Pricks Club

Mr. Free Trade
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    514 Posts
    I like the Enscheff Yankees trade idea of Gray/Frazier for Gohara+a little (say Wilson) but only if it doesn't end there.

Then I'd go Inciarte and Newk for Kluber

Plus Teheran, Allard & Wright for Leake, Bruce and Haniger

The Braves give up arguably their top prospect in Wright, top lefty in Gohara, a good RH prospect in Wilson, plus Inciarte and Newk. And they take on $13M (Kluber) + ~$7M (Gray) + $16M (Leake) + $13M (Bruce) - $11M (Teheran) - $ 5M (Inciarte) with Newk and Hanniger being a wash, so the Braves take on a net of ~$33M. If they are currently at $107M that would make them at $91M without Teheran and Inciarte so a total of $140M which might leave no more room to fill in unless the cut Duvall, Viz etc..

You end up with:

LF Frazier
    CF Acuna
    RF Hanniger
    1B Freeman
    2B Albies
    SS Swanson
    3B Donaldson
    C McCann

Bench: Culberson, Camargo, Duvall, Bruce, Flowers

SP:

Kluber
    Folty
    Gausman
    Leake
    Gray

with Fried, Touki, Soroka, Anderson, etc. all sitting in wait for a spot

You still would like to see a real closer if finances allow (would likely result in the trade or release of Viz) and could still be players on JTR if the price comes down, something like Camargo, Fried and Wentz

Of course this pre-supposes that the Mariners would want to move the payroll instead of maximizing the talent return for Hanniger.
    Last edited by Horsehide Harry; 12-12-2018 at 03:08 PM.

Voted Worst Poster
    '13, '14, '15 (Co-Winner)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,831 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapate50 View Post
    I just don’t see the Mets parting with Rosario or Conforto. They can’t get it done if they don’t imo.
    I've seen they would give up Rosario or Nimmo but Heyman said today they've been looking at other catchers.

NL Rookie of the Year Acuña’s Bat Flip's Avatar
    Gaffney, South Carolina (Home of the Big Butt "Peach" on I-85)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    280 Posts
    Why do we need Realmuto again? He doesn't play the OF.

Mr. Free Trade
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    514 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaw View Post
    I feel like people always overvalue Yankee prospects for some reason. Frazier looks at least as likely to be a quad A player as a MLB regular to me. Why do people find him attractive enough that they would deal a FV55 pitcher for Frazier and a glass arm?
    He's like Dahl. A once highly thought of prospect who's had a series of injuries. Being part of the Yankees probably hasn't done anything for his PT opportunities either.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsehide Harry View Post
    I like the Enscheff Yankees trade idea of Gray/Frazier for Gohara+a little (say Wilson)
    wow, uh, na.
    "Well, you’ll learn soon enough that this was a massive red wave landslide." - thethe on the 2020 election that trump lost bigly

“I can’t fix my life, but I can fix the world.” - sturg

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,488 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzie's Chainz View Post
    It’s like the Donaldson move.the best upgrade to value ratio out there right now is JTR.
    Get off my lawn!

NL Rookie of the Year Acuña’s Bat Flip's Avatar
    Gaffney, South Carolina (Home of the Big Butt "Peach" on I-85)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    280 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by UNCBlue012 View Post
    1. Cristian Pache/Riley, Soroka, Touki all gone. lol
    No way I'm letting Pache or Soroka go.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzie's Chainz View Post
    Because he's a huge upgrade and wouldn't really cost money... that money can go into a OF. It's a win-win move for the Braves if done right.