Page 70 of 579 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280120170570 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,400 of 11579

Thread: 2018 Offseason And Targets

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,278 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    The geniuses over at TC just completed their "GM simulation" with equally talented writers from other team sites.

https://www.talkingchop.com/2018/11/...-2019-overview

They traded away 23 players and completely overhauled the entire organization.

They signed Grandal for 4/98...yes...$98M.

Those guys are...special haha.
    That's a Murph level article right there. Wow

2. The Following User Says Thank You to TURBO For This Useful Post:

Jaw (11-08-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,481 Posts
    Nick Markakis, a 2018 All Star, Silver Slugger and Gold Glove Winner.
    Damn. He’s going to be way too expensive. We need to look for cheaper options like Bryce Harper.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to CyYoung31 For This Useful Post:

JohnAdcox (11-09-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,481 Posts
    The geniuses over at TC just completed their "GM simulation" with equally talented writers from other team sites.

Pretty sure Ivan the Great used to post here.

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    773 Posts

That was fun in a Billy Madison Academic Decathlon kind of way

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,481 Posts

I mean, they mention in the article that it was just for fun and that most of those moves would never be made. Pretty harmless.

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    773 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CyYoung31 View Post
    I mean, they mention in the article that it was just for fun and that most of those moves would never be made. Pretty harmless.
    I'm betting that within the next 24 hours someone on reddit will be espousing the brilliance of the article and how that would be the "perfect offseason"... I don't know why I still use that reddit sub. It makes me want to pull my hair out everyday lol. Hey, at least it is better than the dreaded facebook group.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BeanieAntics View Post
    Lol I think we need to have a big competition for the dumbest franchise in baseball. Who would be the frontrunners? Orioles and Marlins definitely. Royals might be up there.
    I submit the Pirates for their strategy of trade an ace pitcher then acquire an ace pitcher n the same year.
    Go get him!

Founding member of the Whiny Little Bitches and Pricks Club

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,040 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaw View Post
    I submit the Pirates for their strategy of trade an ace pitcher then acquire an ace pitcher n the same year.
    That organization has been a dumpster fire since 92

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts

Would honestly love to know what drives you to be such a prick. They're fans and aren't huge numbers people. Does that REALLY cause you to lose sleep at night?

It's great to learn things from people when they have even a speck of humility and understand the sun doesn't rise and set with them. Unfortunately you can't even get into that zip code.

I swear your life would be unbelievably better if you just didn't take yourself so *ucking seriously.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,108 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clvclv View Post
    Would honestly love to know what drives you to be such a prick. They're fans and aren't huge numbers people. Does that REALLY cause you to lose sleep at night?

It's great to learn things from people when they have even a speck of humility and understand the sun doesn't rise and set with them. Unfortunately you can't even get into that zip code.

I swear your life would be unbelievably better if you just didn't take yourself so *ucking seriously.
    The only person getting upset here is you as you launch into yet another tantrum.

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    The only person getting upset here is you as you launch into yet another tantrum.
    No, the rest of them just aren't willing to waste time responding to you.

Don't worry - you're "the man" on an internet massage board. Put that trophy right beside your Facebook Winner Award.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,353 Posts
    Where the heck is my massage on this board. I am not paying all these fees for nothing.
    Coppy

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bravesfanMatt For This Useful Post:

DaneHill (11-09-2018), Jaw (11-09-2018)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,108 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clvclv View Post
    No, the rest of them just aren't willing to waste time responding to you.

Don't worry - you're "the man" on an internet massage board. Put that trophy right beside your Facebook Winner Award.
    Maybe you should cry some more.

Hopefully you cheer up in time to bless us with another dose of stupid sometime tomorrow.

Called Up to the Major Leagues ixiXSolidXixi's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts
    I still waiting for Anthopoulos to hire Enscheff for special assistant!!

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,477 Posts
    Listening to Craig Mish's podcast this morning. He said he knew that people are saying his reports are false but that all people have to do is look at his track record reporting on the Marlins. And he's right about that, it's really good. He also talked about the semantics part of this, that teams can talk players and make trade offers without it being an "official trade offer" to a team but that "the Braves appear to be all in on this."

He said the Marlins really like Ian Anderson, which scares me. I think Anderson and Touki are the only two I wouldn't include in a Realmuto trade.

The Marlins want "a team's best pitching prospect" in the deal. He said that complicates things with Houston because they're very unlikely to part with Forrest Whitley. Also said the Rockies are not being talked enough as a potential destination for Realmuto.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to CJ9 For This Useful Post:

clvclv (11-09-2018)

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,941 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesfanMatt View Post
    Where the heck is my massage on this board. I am not paying all these fees for nothing.
    What the heck is a virtual massage? I agree that the fees on this board are breaking my budget.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesfanMatt View Post
    Reminds me of the time when I asked the front desk at a hotel I was staying at in Tokyo if I had any messages and there was a little misunderstanding. Ah, the good old days.
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

22. The Following User Says Thank You to nsacpi For This Useful Post:

Freshmaker (11-09-2018)

Anytime Now Frankie...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    265 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ9 View Post
    Listening to Craig Mish's podcast this morning. He said he knew that people are saying his reports are false but that all people have to do is look at his track record reporting on the Marlins. And he's right about that, it's really good. He also talked about the semantics part of this, that teams can talk players and make trade offers without it being an "official trade offer" to a team but that "the Braves appear to be all in on this."

He said the Marlins really like Ian Anderson, which scares me. I think Anderson and Touki are the only two I wouldn't include in a Realmuto trade.

The Marlins want "a team's best pitching prospect" in the deal. He said that complicates things with Houston because they're very unlikely to part with Forrest Whitley. Also said the Rockies are not being talked enough as a potential destination for Realmuto.
    Again Mish is way more reliable than any of our guys or the other Fish reporters.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Oklahomabrave For This Useful Post:

Tapate50 (11-09-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,040 Posts
    My willingness to deal Anderson turns on his control. If our brass is sure the control problems are legitimate and he's going to be a 4+ BB/9 pitcher in the majors, I'd deal him this winter. However, if our brass things his control problems are easily correctable and he could be a sub-3 BB/9 guy in the majors, I'd have a much harder time letting go of him.

Personally, I think Anderson ends up as a number 3 starter with a few years of number 2 starter production mixed in. If that's what he is, I have no problem with him headlining a Realmuto trade.

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    The more I look at the Mariners/Rays deal, the more I like it - for both sides. Good fits for both, and proves that if you're not trying so hard to "win" trades or completely maximize value that you can still do this without having to tear things all the way down to the studs if you're able to find someone else to deal with that's not simply looking to screw you at all costs. Dipoto is still really good at his job.

That's 10 trades between those two teams since 2015 - pretty *amn impressive in my book.

Still think those who think the Mariners can't get substantially better without blowing things up completely are wrong. If they don't move their biggest pieces (Paxton, Haniger, Segura, Diaz), they just got markedly better yesterday, and saved enough money that they could step out and sign Zook to replace Zunino. Still leaves them with some money to upgrade their staff. They could easily go out and do that while saving money if they moved Paxton for MLB-ready rotation pieces as well. If they're looking to add pieces to step in NOW (rather than higher-rated pieces that are further away), a Paxton for Newcomb/Wilson or Fried swap suddenly fills their rotation and saves more money. It would leave them without an Ace (unless Newk takes a Folty-like step forward), but a Newk, Leake, Gonzales, Wilson grouping is probably better than what they currently have, and they'd probably have enough money left to go after somebody like Anibal to round out their rotation.

They're still not likely going to challenge Houston, but the Astros are currently down Keuchel, Morton, McCullers, Gonzalez, Mac, and Gattis and the Winter Meetings aren't even here yet.
    Last edited by clvclv; 11-09-2018 at 11:40 AM.