Results 7,221 to 7,240 of 11579

Thread: 2018 Offseason And Targets

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    406 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by UNCBlue012 View Post
    We still have the better trade package...

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBravos View Post
    Of course they do. They could free up 20 million by just getting rid of Julio and O’day. They would need to be creative, but it’s doable.
    with what players are currently signing for, absolutely no one is taking on even half of julio's salary without a decent prospect attached.
    "Well, you’ll learn soon enough that this was a massive red wave landslide." - thethe on the 2020 election that trump lost bigly

“I can’t fix my life, but I can fix the world.” - sturg

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    I really, really think we are going all in on either Machado or Harper. It’s the only explanation as to why we have sit on our hands like this.
    the other, more plausible explanation is that there just isn't enough money.
    "Well, you’ll learn soon enough that this was a massive red wave landslide." - thethe on the 2020 election that trump lost bigly

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Super For This Useful Post:

UNCBlue012 (01-24-2019)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,991 Posts
    I really, really think we are going all in on either Machado or Harper. It’s the only explanation as to why we have sit on our hands like this.

I personally don’t like either player for the clubhouse. I think if that happens they turn around and do a mega deal with Cleveland. The Indians want to compete now and having say Ender and Newk + prospects close to the big leagues would be a perfect fit for them.
    No money, dawg.

Anytime Now Frankie... tululush's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    180 Posts
    We still have the better trade package...
    Better package or not, the Marlins and Jeter will demand a higher package from us since we're in the same division. So even if we have the better package, they still may prefer the Dodgers bc of stupidity.

NL Rookie of the Year Acuña’s Bat Flip's Avatar
    Gaffney, South Carolina (Home of the Big Butt "Peach" on I-85)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    280 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by UNCBlue012 View Post
    He posted nine minutes after Heyman. It looks like Mish was a fraud all along.

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    773 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzie's Chainz View Post
    Leave Gio alone please! Sign Marwin and call it an off-season if it has come to signing cheaters! Gio is a polar opposite example of "The Braves Way", Mac would probably tell the hitters what pitch is coming like in the movie Bull Durham.
    I think you're actually talking me in to a Gio signing.

Yep, I'm on board. Go Gio.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    406 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    the other, more plausible explanation is that there just isn't enough money.
    You could be right, but our payroll is lower than last year and they have announced on multiple occasions it will be increased. Unless AA wants to make big moves at the deadline, but that makes no since because the market is really good right now.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    406 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tululush View Post
    Better package or not, the Marlins and Jeter will demand a higher package from us since we're in the same division. So even if we have the better package, they still may prefer the Dodgers bc of stupidity.
    Alas...you are right.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,127 Posts

I personally don’t like either player for the clubhouse. I think if that happens they turn around and do a mega deal with Cleveland. The Indians want to compete now and having say Ender and Newk + prospects close to the big leagues would be a perfect fit for them.
    LOL, no, it's not the only explanation. It's actually a very unlikely explanation.

The most probable explanation is they don't have much to spend and are trying to minimize risk by signing short term deals.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    406 Posts
    with what players are currently signing for, absolutely no one is taking on even half of julio's salary without a decent prospect attached.
    O’day is a good reliever. And would easily go In the 8mil range. It’s a one year deal.

Julio is a one year deal with upside. Someone would take him on if we ate a little bit of the salary. You are under selling him a bit,

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,361 Posts
    Guys are going to come around to the idea that AA probably doesn’t know what he is doing. He is coming from an org that printed money to one that doesn’t and has no clue how to proceed. I will try to stay positive until we can move past his era of mistakes.
    Coppy

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    O’day is a good reliever. And would easily go In the 8mil range. It’s a one year deal.

Julio is a one year deal with upside. Someone would take him on if we ate a little bit of the salary. You are under selling him a bit,
    O'day: na. brach just signed for 1 year $3M. o'day would not get much more than that.
    Teheran: there is no upside here. none. everyone knows what he is at this point. if the braves only had to eat a little bit, he'd be gone. they'd have to eat a majority of it.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    406 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    LOL, no, it's not the only explanation. It's actually a very unlikely explanation.

The most probably explanation is they don't have much to spend and are trying to minimize risk by signing short term deals.
    Short term deals are fine. Gio?....Gio?? Nah...please tell me we aren’t gonna sing him for $15mil when we could have had Pollock for 12.

So...you may be right....hell....you’re usually right. I will be very disappointed if that’s the route we go.

Between prospect capitol and payroll flexibility...sure seems like a crap off season.

I know I’m being a bit of a homer, but there just has to be a master plan...right....?

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,127 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesfanMatt View Post
    Guys are going to come around to the idea that AA probably doesn’t know what he is doing. He is coming from an org that printed money to one that doesn’t and has no clue how to proceed. I will try to stay positive until we can move past his era of mistakes.
    It seems to me AA went from being a huge deal maker in TOR to learning all about value in LA. Now that he's in charge in ATL he has perhaps become a little too risk averse with guaranteeing cash. The upcoming JTR trade will inform us just how risk averse he is being with his prospects as well.

The AA FO seems to have zero appetite for risky contracts on flawed players like Cutch, Pollock or Brantley, and prefers to make low risk plays on flawed players like JD, Mac and Markakis.

I can't really fault him for that too much, even if it leads to disappointing off seasons on paper.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    Short term deals are fine. Gio?....Gio?? Nah...please tell me we aren’t gonna sing him for $15mil when we could have had Pollock for 12.

So...you may be right....hell....you’re usually right. I will be very disappointed if that’s the route we go.

Between prospect capitol and payroll flexibility...sure seems like a crap off season.

I know I’m being a bit of a homer, but there just has to be a master plan...right....?
    i don't think gio will get $15M. probably looking at closer to $10M. just IMO tho

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    773 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesfanMatt View Post
    I don't think that at all. I think AA is laser focused on value acquisitions and maintaining some level of flexibility long term. I think he may have been a little too reluctant to commit more than 1 year this offseason, but I trust that he has damn good reasons for keeping everything on a short term basis.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    406 Posts
    O'day: na. brach just signed for 1 year $3M. o'day would not get much more than that.
    Teheran: there is no upside here. none. everyone knows what he is at this point. if the braves only had to eat a little bit, he'd be gone. they'd have to eat a majority of it.
    When I said creative, I didn’t just mean trading those guys in a one off. They would have to be moved in a big trade. Just like O’day was with Gausman. I didn’t say it would be easy, but is possible. Julio is very serviceable. He’ll give you innings. He would be a great number four or five.

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,852 Posts
    Of course they do. They could free up 20 million by just getting rid of Julio and O’day. They would need to be creative, but it’s doable.

Man I hate Liberty media.
    When you see what Gio signs for you will realize there is no real way of getting rid of Julio without eatting the majority of his contract. At which point it's pointless since it's not freeing up any legit room.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    When I said creative, I didn’t just mean trading those guys in a one off. They would have to be moved in a big trade. Just like O’day was with Gausman. I didn’t say it would be easy, but is possible. Julio is very serviceable. He’ll give you innings. He would be a great number four or five.
    julio would probably get a 1 year deal for $5M, tops, if he were a FA right now.