Page 215 of 579 FirstFirst ... 115165205213214215216217225265315 ... LastLast
Results 4,281 to 4,300 of 11579

Thread: 2018 Offseason And Targets

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brian22 View Post
    Take this with a grain of salt, but Steve Phillips said this morning that both the Braves and Mets moved on from Realmuto this week when each was told Realmuto wouldn’t be traded within the division. The Marlins also said they ‘want closure’ on the issue before Christmas.
    They gonna trade him to the Dodgers or Yankees. Andujar or Verdugo would be a good return.
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brian22 View Post
    Take this with a grain of salt, but Steve Phillips said this morning that both the Braves and Mets moved on from Realmuto this week when each was told Realmuto wouldn’t be traded within the division. The Marlins also said they ‘want closure’ on the issue before Christmas.
    If true, the Marlins need to be torn down. That's just such a bad mentality.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,975 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zbhargrove View Post
    What's have they done to change my mind? Took on an awful contract to get a closer? The most overrated position in baseball? Seem pretty in incompetent to me still... and gave up prospects lol
    Cano is overpaid, but he's legitimately still a good player. We'll see if the steroids were a big factor or not, but I think 3+ WAR isn't out of the question.

Ramos, Cano, Familia, and Diaz is a pretty good off-season and they may not be done.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Carp For This Useful Post:

clvclv (12-17-2018)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,975 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clvclv View Post
    I'll ask again - what kind of trophy does he get for all those fWAR?

The Yankees won 100 games in 2018. What do they have to show for it? The Braves won 14 straight division titles - does anyone think that's going to be talked about 50 years from now other than as a piece of trivia by people who weren't around then? Maybe the 1995 team since you'll be able to find them on the list of World Series winners.

If a team he's on doesn't win a championship or he doesn't win a Cy Young, more people will know Dickey's name 50 years from now because his name is on one of those lists. There are tons of really good players - even some who actually have some big time hardware on a shelf in their office - that don't wind up in the HOF who never get talked about years later.

We know and talk about them because they were around during our time, but my brother's kids wouldn't know who Dale Murphy was if he introduced himself to them and I was standing beside him wearing my Murphy jersey.
    What kind of trophy did Tim Hudson get? Guess he wasn't worth trading for.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Carp For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (12-17-2018)

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,837 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clvclv View Post
    I'll ask again - what kind of trophy does he get for all those fWAR?

The Yankees won 100 games in 2018. What do they have to show for it? The Braves won 14 straight division titles - does anyone think that's going to be talked about 50 years from now other than as a piece of trivia by people who weren't around then? Maybe the 1995 team since you'll be able to find them on the list of World Series winners.

If a team he's on doesn't win a championship or he doesn't win a Cy Young, more people will know Dickey's name 50 years from now because his name is on one of those lists. There are tons of really good players - even some who actually have some big time hardware on a shelf in their office - that don't wind up in the HOF who never get talked about years later.

We know and talk about them because they were around during our time, but my brother's kids wouldn't know who Dale Murphy was if he introduced himself to them and I was standing beside him wearing my Murphy jersey.
    Do you think anybody cares about Cy Youngs besides the players who win them and fans of that team? They are voted on by writers who are as clueless as you are.

It was a horrible trade at the time and got worse since Noah has turned into a front line starter.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,675 Posts
    I'm notoriously impatient, but I'm doing my best to not panic about not filling the LF spot. When is a good time frame to hit the panic button? Haha

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,837 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I'm notoriously impatient, but I'm doing my best to not panic about not filling the LF spot. When is a good time frame to hit the panic button? Haha
    tomorrow

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thewupk For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (12-17-2018), Tapate50 (12-17-2018), UNCBlue012 (12-17-2018)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    the fact syndergaard hasn't single-handedly won the mets a WS confirms he isn't that valuable. same thing with mike trout. if he were so good he'd have a trophy.
    "Well, you’ll learn soon enough that this was a massive red wave landslide." - thethe on the 2020 election that trump lost bigly

“I can’t fix my life, but I can fix the world.” - sturg

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Super For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (12-17-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,675 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thewupk View Post
    tomorrow
    That's what I was thinking. I'll start my melt tonight though to beat the rush

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,123 Posts
    The Mets moved on bc of the asking price. The Dodgers are said they won’t give up a top prospect for JTR when they have 2 young catchers coming. Also the Astros may be out after signing Chirinos. Who knows what’ll happen with JTR but the Marlins have played this horribly.

Spring Training Invitee TheRunningAgent's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    We don’t NEED a catcher. Maybe it frees us up to do s little better in the outfield. Someone that will give us 150 games instead of 125. I just hope JT goes to the AL.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    399 Posts
    From MLBTR this morning

The Dodgers are open to re-signing Yasmani Grandal, though on a one-year contract, MLB.com’s Jon Paul Morosi reports. Los Angeles is hesitant about adding any new catcher on a longer-term deal, as catching prospects Keibert Ruiz and Will D. Smith are both approaching readiness for the majors.

To that end, the Dodgers only had interest in Wilson Ramos on a one-year contract, though they have been heavily linked to J.T. Realmuto (who is controlled through 2020) in trade talks. Morosi figures that the Dodgers could consider moving pitching prospect Dustin May and one of Ruiz or Smith in any potential Realmuto trade package, though that wouldn’t be enough to meet the Marlins’ large asking price. “The Dodgers were balking at the inclusion of at least one key player on whom the Marlins were insisting,” Morosi writes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,123 Posts
    I think the Astros stand pat at catcher, the Phillies sign Grandal, and the Dodgers make a small trade for a catcher with the Marlins left with JTR. Riley is the best name I’ve heard mentioned that is actually on the table so with them not trading him yet I don’t think they will. We need to pull our offer if we haven’t already and go hard after a young COF.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Hudson2 For This Useful Post:

TheRunningAgent (12-17-2018)

Arbitration Eligible Freshmaker's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    521 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by UNCBlue012 View Post
    If true, the Marlins need to be torn down. That's just such a bad mentality.
    Agreed - what about the flip side and having Riley (or whomever) beat us up for 6 or 7 years? You'd think the Marlins would enjoy that. Since they're rebuilding they shouldn't care who they trade with as long as they get the best return

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Freshmaker For This Useful Post:

UNCBlue012 (12-17-2018)

Anytime Now Frankie... tululush's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    180 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshmaker View Post
    Agreed - what about the flip side and having Riley (or whomever) beat us up for 6 or 7 years? You'd think the Marlins would enjoy that. Since they're rebuilding they shouldn't care who they trade with as long as they get the best return
    The Marlins, and Jeter, are incapable of thinking like this. They're extremely narrow-minded, short sighted, stubborn, and focused on what the fans would think in the short term with one of their players going to rival and helping beat them. However, they lose sight on the fact that 1) they're not that good anyways and would have likely lost to said team and more importantly 2) the main objective is to maximize your return to improve your own ball club. Forget about the other ball club you're trading with, focus on yourself. Is this making you better and the best offer you are receiving? If the answer is yes, then make the trade.

They're likely going to hold on to JTR, continue to lose, flouder at the basement of the NLE, play this whole trading game tease next off-season, get even less of an offer, still not trade him, and then he's going to walk. And what's going to be funny is if JTR signs with us when he's a free agent, beats the Marlins, and they have nothing to show for it.

Jeter is a joke and way in over his head. He has no business running that team and knows very little about what makes a great owner and how to run a franchise.

He was a great ballplayer, but he's anything short of a lackluster owner. But he's letting his ego get in the way of himself.

NL Rookie of the Year
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    376 Posts
    If I had to guess Realmuto will be a Dodger

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,150 Posts
    I'd hit the brakes on Jeter and the Marlins front office being morons.

It's a special situation in Miami and the financial imperative often overrides baseball.

we have not seen what they end up netting out of Realmuto and we don't know what anyone has offered. If you don't love Riley as a prospect then there is nothing special about the rumored Braves package. There is plenty of reason not to love Riley.

Anytime Now Frankie... tululush's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    180 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Southcack77 View Post

It's a special situation in Miami and the financial imperative often overrides baseball.

we have not seen what they end up netting out of Realmuto and we don't know what anyone has offered. If you don't love Riley as a prospect then there is nothing special about the rumored Braves package. There is plenty of reason not to love Riley.
    Completely disagree. You take the best package you can get. He should have been traded last year, but again, they're too simple minded to realize this. They sold Yelich for far too less, and are using that as a reason to demand too much for JTR. Every single suiter is one by one moving on from JTR. There is absolutely no point in keeping him. What is he going to do for them, help them win 3 extra games a year? Ok great so they win 53 games instead of 50. Now what?

Jeter and their front office are morons. End of discussion.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to tululush For This Useful Post:

AerchAngel (12-17-2018)

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,353 Posts

Jeter is an idiot.
    Coppy

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bravesfanMatt For This Useful Post:

AerchAngel (12-17-2018), UNCBlue012 (12-17-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,881 Posts

Ivermectin Man

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Tapate50 For This Useful Post:

AerchAngel (12-17-2018)