Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Prospect 361 Braves Top 15 Prospects

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    526 Posts

Prospect 361 Braves Top 15 Prospects

https://prospect361.com/nl-team-pros...tlanta-Braves/

It's always good to see another unbiased look at our system. This site doesn't claim to be experts, but they provide year round prospect coverage and theyre pretty legit.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to NYCBrave For This Useful Post:

50PoundHead (11-09-2018), bravesfanMatt (11-09-2018), clvclv (11-09-2018), Jaw (11-09-2018), UNCBlue012 (11-09-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,536 Posts
    Good list. It aligns pretty well with how I see things. Maybe Gohara should be a bit higher. For me, he and Soroka are still the highest ceiling pitchers in our system. I would be very reluctant to trade those two.
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,362 Posts
    Good read. Thanks.
    Coppy

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    I think Muller is a guy who has a chance to kind of "come out of nowhere" and rocket up MLB overall lists. think he's a bit undersold.

allard shouldn't be sniffing top 15 tho.
    "Well, you’ll learn soon enough that this was a massive red wave landslide." - thethe on the 2020 election that trump lost bigly

“I can’t fix my life, but I can fix the world.” - sturg

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Super For This Useful Post:

JohnAdcox (11-09-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,896 Posts
    I think they are a little low on Wentz. I didn't think he was topping out at 91?
    Ivermectin Man

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,965 Posts
    I've seen CJ Alexander mentioned on a few lists and I'm curious to see where he starts the 2019 season.

I think it's too early to dump on Allard. He's probably not going to be the top of the line guy at the big league level, but he did well in AAA and has been rushed a bit (as has been the case with a lot of the Braves' pitching prospects). I'm all for a wait-and-see.

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,492 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapate50 View Post
    I think they are a little low on Wentz. I didn't think he was topping out at 91?
    He doesn't top out at 91. Kiley saw him multiple times above that this year, even touching 96. https://twitter.com/kileymcd/status/1034226012983242752

This is why these random lists are meaningless. These random sites don't actually see players and decide to rank players based on information that's not accurate.
    Last edited by CJ9; 11-09-2018 at 09:38 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    526 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ9 View Post
    He doesn't top out at 91. Kiley saw him multiple times above that this year, even touching 96. https://twitter.com/kileymcd/status/1034226012983242752

This is why these random lists are meaningless. These random sites don't actually see players and decide to rank players based on information that's not accurate.
    I mean I wouldnt say it's meaningless, you just have to accept it for what it is. These are not pro scouts and this is not baseball America. It's not like the majority of their analysis is off base.

NL Rookie of the Year
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    376 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    Good list. It aligns pretty well with how I see things. Maybe Gohara should be a bit higher. For me, he and Soroka are still the highest ceiling pitchers in our system. I would be very reluctant to trade those two.
    I like them both as well and with both having some issues we'd be selling low anyways.

I think Anderson/Wright would be the guys we look to trade (in the right deal) as they're perceived value is still high.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 50PoundHead View Post
    I've seen CJ Alexander mentioned on a few lists and I'm curious to see where he starts the 2019 season.

I think it's too early to dump on Allard. He's probably not going to be the top of the line guy at the big league level, but he did well in AAA and has been rushed a bit (as has been the case with a lot of the Braves' pitching prospects). I'm all for a wait-and-see.
    he cannot be a SP with his velo tho. the fact he's so young with such bad velo is...bad. he's also a small, slight guy. not like there's a ton of projection to add the 2-3 MPH on the fastball that he would need. i can't find any way he manages to succeed with what he's got, and there's really no room for development. maybe is his control becomes elite?
    "Well, you’ll learn soon enough that this was a massive red wave landslide." - thethe on the 2020 election that trump lost bigly

“I can’t fix my life, but I can fix the world.” - sturg

Mr. Free Trade
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    514 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    he cannot be a SP with his velo tho. the fact he's so young with such bad velo is...bad. he's also a small, slight guy. not like there's a ton of projection to add the 2-3 MPH on the fastball that he would need. i can't find any way he manages to succeed with what he's got, and there's really no room for development. maybe is his control becomes elite?
    Needs TJ and hope he can pick up some velo

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,965 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    I've used the Kyle Hendricks example before and I will use it again here. Allard's velocity has dropped for some reason and maybe under different tutelage, he can put another few inches on his fastball. His AAA results were solid, but AAA is in a different galaxy than the major leagues. I don't see him as a top-of-the-line starter for the reasons you mention, but I think the jury is still out as to whether he can round out a big league rotation. I guess I'm willing to give him that chance.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,536 Posts
    I've used the Kyle Hendricks example before and I will use it again here. Allard's velocity has dropped for some reason and maybe under different tutelage, he can put another few inches on his fastball. His AAA results were solid, but AAA is in a different galaxy than the major leagues. I don't see him as a top-of-the-line starter for the reasons you mention, but I think the jury is still out as to whether he can round out a big league rotation. I guess I'm willing to give him that chance.
    There does seem to be a disconnect between the stuff he showed in the majors and his ability to have success in AA at 19 and in AAA at 20.
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,991 Posts
    Super solid list.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,701 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    There does seem to be a disconnect between the stuff he showed in the majors and his ability to have success in AA at 19 and in AAA at 20.
    He was sandbagging. He's knows if he showed his real stuff, he'd be traded for realmuto. Allard wants his ring this year with the braves.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to msstate7 For This Useful Post:

JohnAdcox (11-09-2018), Tapate50 (11-09-2018)

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,362 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    He was sandbagging. He's knows if he showed his real stuff, he'd be traded for realmuto. Allard wants his ring this year with the braves.
    Well played.
    Coppy

20. The Following User Says Thank You to bravesfanMatt For This Useful Post:

JohnAdcox (11-09-2018)

Mr. Free Trade
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    514 Posts
    I don't think anyone just wants to throw him to the curb for nothing.

For me, if someone else values him as part of a deal, I would have no problem sending him along.

As far as his Braves prospect status, I consider him in the same boat as guys like Wes Parsons, or pre-trade Matt Wisler or Lucas Simms.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ9 View Post

These guys just compile info from all the same sites we all read and write summaries. They don't actually provide any new content or insights of their own. At best they are like fat Ben and sit on their couch watching video in a pointless attempt to "scout" from poor video feeds.

I imagine several folks on these boards know more about Braves prospects, but these sites are desperately trying to draw clicks from fans of all teams, so it stands to reason there are major holes in their knowledge about almost all organizations. In fact, putting out a bad list may draw more clicks than a good list.

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,965 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsehide Harry View Post
    I don't think anyone just wants to throw him to the curb for nothing.

For me, if someone else values him as part of a deal, I would have no problem sending him along.

As far as his Braves prospect status, I consider him in the same boat as guys like Wes Parsons, or pre-trade Matt Wisler or Lucas Simms.
    I put Allard a notch ahead of the guys you've mentioned, but I would have no trouble moving him as a piece in a deal. Like nsacpi said, I want to determine what the disconnect between his minor league and major league performance levels is.

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    773 Posts
    I'm pretty sure that Allard's velocity problems all stem from either a Thetan imbalance or vertebral subluxations. He needs to see a chiropractic or go get an E-meter test asap.