Quote Originally Posted by BeanieAntics View Post
I'd personally much rather improve catcher than trade a boat load of prospects for a 33 year old pitcher. His contract isn't bad for his level of production, but 15-17 million dollars is still 15-17 million dollars. If we had a glaring need at starting pitcher I'd have no problem with swinging a deal for Kluber. But we really don't. We do have a need at catcher and corner outfield. We could go the cheap route and just resign Suzuki or something, but I'd rather have Grandal. Then swing a trade for Peralta or something.

I'd like a lineup with Grandal + Peralta FAR more than I'd like a lineup with Flowers/Suzuki plus somebody like Brantley. That would only be marginally better than last year's lineup, maybe no improvement at all if Flowers and Suzuki continue to regress.

Like I said, if we had a glaring need or if it were for a slam dunk type of player, then I'd consider doing it. But I'd never consider a 33 year old pitcher a slam dunk kind of acquisition, especially when you're talking about ~100 million in surplus value to acquire him.
Carrasco, Bauer and Paxton look to be better fits for us in terms of risk-return.