Thread: Braves sign Donaldson, 1 yr 23 million deal.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    "What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    the projection systems have Donaldson reaching 4 WAR by playing 130 games and hitting halfway between his 2017 and 2018 numbers...seems about right to me
    I don't doubt those are reasonable expectations to hope for at all if he has his first healthy season in 3 years, and hope he exceeds that. That certainly doesn't get him in the MVP discussion, does it?

The point that southcack continues to run from is that the big 2017 number came in 113 games. As impressive as that is, expecting him to produce at that 2017 rate now that he's 2 years older with his injury history is simply asking to be disappointed.

Everyone hopes he has a healthy and very productive 2019 season and that he's a big part of the Braves' success - hopefully he shocks the world and plays just like the calendar still says 2015 or 2016. I just find it funny that when someone points out that it's a little ridiculous to suggest that a 33 year old Donaldson coming off of two injury-ruined seasons is the final piece to the puzzle by himself when this team had bigger areas of need - and still does - they get ripped for it.

Don't forget, I'm one of those not so wrapped up in the numbers and projections - those projections some folks hold so dear have the Braves as a 4th place team as of today, so following the logic that you can't argue with the numbers leads you to believe that those painting a rosy picture of things right now are "ignoring reality", no? If it were me or thethe trying to look on the bright side, many would scream about how we were such stupid pozzies.
    Last edited by clvclv; 02-09-2019 at 04:21 PM.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?