Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who’s next?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,967 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ2dollas View Post
    Carrasco ends up being the pitcher. Cheaper than Kluber and less competition. Indians hungry for cheap arms like fried. We get a 3-4 win guy on a two year 20 million or so deal. Moving to the national league.
    Im not as big on Carrasco at most. My order of preference (not looking at acquisition or contract cost at all is):

Thor
    Bauer
    Kluber
    Carrasco
    MadBum (although if he could be his old self he'd prob be near the top)

Voted Worst Poster
    '13, '14, '15 (Co-Winner)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,831 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zbhargrove View Post
    Im not as big on Carrasco at most. My order of preference (not looking at acquisition or contract cost at all is):

Thor
    Bauer
    Kluber
    Carrasco
    MadBum (although if he could be his old self he'd prob be near the top)
    I think Cleveland wants to keep Bauer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Heyward View Post
    Agreed. I think they hope he leads the next leg of their little rebuild. Kluber is my target.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,150 Posts
    Mazara is a bit of a speculative play for a contender, but I guess I've been high on Frazier. But Mazara has a ton of at bats now with subpar performance in the field and at the plate. Badly needs a breakout, but only 23.

NL Rookie of the Year
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    376 Posts
    If I'm AA I'm looking at the teams who are looking at Machado and Harper. They'll be looking to shed some salary and/or create some room for their new toy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,967 Posts
    Probably so... but he'd still be my choice

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,488 Posts
    Just a thought, Camargo is going to be a big piece for this team going forward being our super utility player, but like others have mentioned, for the right deal, I wouldn't be opposed to moving him....

With Seattle going into a rebuild, if you could build a deal around Camargo for Diaz to keep some of our stud prospects, would you do it? Obviously it would not be Camargo for Diaz straight up, but he seems like a piece they would covet
    Get off my lawn!

NL Rookie of the Year CrazyTrain's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    191 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesfanforlife88 View Post
    Move Teheran to Detroit for salary relief
    DFA Duvall and Sam Freeman
    Trade for Kluber
    Sign Brantley
    Trade Wright/Gohara/Allard for Diaz
    Sign a bench piece...Josh Harrison?

Oh, and at some point hire a pitching coach

Inciarte Cf
    Brantley LF
    Freeman 1B
    Donaldson 3B
    Acuña Rf
    Albies 2B
    Flowers/McCann C
    Swanson SS

Kluber
    Folty
    Newcomb
    Gausman
    Touki/Soroka/Wilson

Flowers/McCann
    Culberson
    Camargo
    Harrison

Diaz
    Viz
    Minter
    Venters
    Sobotka
    Biddle
    O’day
    Winkler

That team would be scary
    That rotation still lacks substance after Folty. Soroka really needs to come back healthy for us to be better than we were last year. Even with Kluber, I'd rather go get another vet arm than rely on Newk to be anything more than he has shown to date. He should be the one dealt for Diaz and not Gohara.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    camargo will be super valuable to the squad being the super-sub type. moving him make so little sense to me unless a team truly values him as like a 4 WAR player.
    "Well, you’ll learn soon enough that this was a massive red wave landslide." - thethe on the 2020 election that trump lost bigly

“I can’t fix my life, but I can fix the world.” - sturg

Voted Worst Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,831 Posts
    Just a thought, Camargo is going to be a big piece for this team going forward being our super utility player, but like others have mentioned, for the right deal, I wouldn't be opposed to moving him....

With Seattle going into a rebuild, if you could build a deal around Camargo for Diaz to keep some of our stud prospects, would you do it? Obviously it would not be Camargo for Diaz straight up, but he seems like a piece they would covet
    Having Camargo and using him like a Zobrist/Marwin/CTaylor type who can play everywhere is too valuable to trade him. Braves bench was a huge weakness last year. Trading him only further hurts it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,967 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by UNCBlue012 View Post
    Agreed. I think they hope he leads the next leg of their little rebuild. Kluber is my target.
    Nightingale just reported that Cleveland would rather trade Bauer than Kluber or Carrasco

12. The Following User Says Thank You to zbhargrove For This Useful Post:

UNCBlue012 (11-27-2018)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,488 Posts
    Having Camargo and using him like a Zobrist/Marwin/CTaylor type who can play everywhere is too valuable to trade him. Braves bench was a huge weakness last year. Trading him only further hurts it.
    Agreed that he would be a very valuable piece. Like I said, the trade would have to make sense where we instantly upgrade another position....I'd rather not trade him.
    Get off my lawn!

Voted Worst Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,831 Posts
    Agreed that he would be a very valuable piece. Like I said, the trade would have to make sense where we instantly upgrade another position....I'd rather not trade him.
    Unless we're getting an elite player under control for awhile, no. Braves need better depth, i mean our bench in the playoffs was Rene Rivera, Zuk, Lane Adams, Flaherty and Duda. Other than Duda, that's just terrible. Dodgers OTOH had guys like Dozier, Puig, Chris Taylor, Muncy, and David Freese off the bench. A strong bench especially in the NL is huge. I say pass.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,108 Posts
    Unless we're getting an elite player under control for awhile, no. Braves need better depth, i mean our bench in the playoffs was Rene Rivera, Zuk, Lane Adams, Flaherty and Duda. Other than Duda, that's just terrible. Dodgers OTOH had guys like Dozier, Puig, Chris Taylor, Muncy, and David Freese off the bench. A strong bench especially in the NL is huge. I say pass.
    If you want clues to what the Braves will do, look at what the Dodgers are doing.

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    773 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    If you want clues to what the Braves will do, look at what the Dodgers are doing.
    Yep and Camargo is tailor made for that Chris Taylor/Kike Hernandez type of role, minus the ability to play CF. It wouldn't surprise me to see Anthopoulos try to get another versatile super utility type that is left handed and/or hits righties well. I think he means it when he says that he wants to rotate our lineup pretty often and have a more flexible team that can mix and match according to the pitcher we're facing that day.

The Dodgers didn't have a single player have over 600 at bats last year. The Braves had 3 and Ender had 597. I think we're gonna try to spread the at bats a little more evenly this season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BeanieAntics View Post
    Yep and Camargo is tailor made for that Chris Taylor/Kike Hernandez type of role, minus the ability to play CF. It wouldn't surprise me to see Anthopoulos try to get another versatile super utility type that is left handed and/or hits righties well. I think he means it when he says that he wants to rotate our lineup pretty often and have a more flexible team that can mix and match according to the pitcher we're facing that day.

The Dodgers didn't have a single player have over 600 at bats last year. The Braves had 3 and Ender had 597. I think we're gonna try to spread the at bats a little more evenly this season.
    Dietrich doesn't play any position well. But he plays many positions passably. There is value in that.
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    773 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    Dietrich doesn't play any position well. But he plays many positions passably. There is value in that.
    I'd be fine with that. I know defense is really important to us and that we are willing to sacrifice a little offensive upside to get that defensive value into the starting lineup. A lot of that offense can be made up for by having a strong offensive bench.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BeanieAntics View Post
    I'd be fine with that. I know defense is really important to us and that we are willing to sacrifice a little offensive upside to get that defensive value into the starting lineup. A lot of that offense can be made up for by having a strong offensive bench.
    we need a Duda-like bench bat who can play multiple positions

20. The Following User Says Thank You to nsacpi For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (11-27-2018)

Voted Worst Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,831 Posts
    AA said in an interview today on Fox Sports Braves on twitter that they wanna get an outfielder but dont wanna sacrifice too much defense for the bat. Kinda interesting. Still working to find the best fit. But pretty clear they want to improve the outfield. He also said this offseason they wanted to get better offensively.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,108 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    we need a Duda-like bench bat who can play multiple positions
    Camargo sets up as the primary RHH bench bat, so I agree with needing a LHH bench bat to compliment him. I have to imagine Duvall is as good as gone now?

A LHH bench bat that plays cOF means the primary cOF should be a RHH, which is why I lean towards favoring Cutch over Brantley now.