Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,760 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BeanieAntics View Post
    Ender is just an ordinarily good defensive outfielder. And I don't mean that as an insult, he's really good. But there are arguments for at least 3-4 other CFs that they could be better. Simba is on another level defensively. You could make an argument that he has already established himself as the best defensive player of all time, even better than the Brooks Robinsons, Ozzie Smiths, or Mark Belangers of the world.
    Ender is probably not the best defensive outfielder in the traditional sense, but the things Simba did with his baseball IQ to steal outs (Fake out plays, etc.) are things Ender does so often in CF that we don't give him enough credit for. Andruw always made the hard plays look routine for sure and he's in another class of his own. Ender though gets you so many outs from just heads up plays that I don't even remember Andruw getting. Thus why I said unconventional. Because these are high risk plays that if he doesn't execute it looks bad and the other team can capitalize on mistakes. The amount of times he's faked out guys, caught runners by throwing behind them, etc. are things Simba did routinely. They both take risks that aren't by the book often and make it look like it's by the book. That's how good both are respectively. I also think Ender is an exceptional field general in CF and commands the outfield to the guys next to him as good as anyone I've ever seen.
    Forever Fredi

2. The Following User Says Thank You to The Chosen One For This Useful Post:

Braves1976 (12-12-2018)