Page 125 of 253 FirstFirst ... 2575115123124125126127135175225 ... LastLast
Results 2,481 to 2,500 of 5045

Thread: Is Free Speech Under Attack in this Country?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaw View Post
    Plea deal? Sure.
    Drop all charges like we've seen for so many of the BLM insurrectionists and Portland totally-NOT-Antifa insurrectionists? Nope.
    Actually less than half of the estimated number of people who entered the Capitol (let alone the grounds around it) illegally have been charged. After a certain point it is not a good use of taxpayer money to identify and charge every single person who could potentially be charged.
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    Actually less than half of the estimated number of people who entered the Capitol (let alone the grounds around it) illegally have been charged. After a certain point it is not a good use of taxpayer money to identify and charge every single person who could potentially be charged.
    Oh, so it really wasn't much of a comparison to the people who were arrested while performing illegal acts in other places, was it?
    Go get him!

Founding member of the Whiny Little Bitches and Pricks Club

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Oh, so it really wasn't much of a comparison to the people who were arrested while performing illegal acts in other places, was it?
    I'm happy to broaden the conversation to compare the charging/prosecution decisions being made in Portland vs the Capitol.

The DA in Portland has opted not to charge anyone unless they are accused of deliberate property damage, theft or force against another person.

Is that too lenient a standard. There is a particular controversy arising from the fact he asked the police NOT to charge people arrested for disorderly conduct and failure to disperse. The police didn't like those instructions and disregarded them. There is a broader issue of the police and DA having a dysfunctional relationship. I've done a little reading on this and think there is a bit of blame on both sides for this state of affairs. But while I don't agree 100% with the DA's charging policy, I don't think it is crazy to focus on the more serious criminal activity in terms of charging policy.

Is the DA obligated to bring charges against people who were charged contrary to his guidance to the police? I don't think so.

"I am your retribution."

Waiting for Free Agency acesfull86's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    910 Posts
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.ya...144220803.html

Former Virginia Tech soccer player Kiersten Hening has filed a lawsuit against the team’s coach because she claims she was "berated" and benched by her coach for refusing to take a knee before a game.

Hening claims in the 11-page lawsuit against Virginia Tech and coach Charles Adair that Adair was upset at her for not kneeling before a game against Virginia on Sept. 12. Hening did not play in the team's next game five days later and then quit the team eight days after the Virginia game.

A walk-on and significant player for the team, Hening said that she was one of two players who didn’t kneel before the Virginia game as the Atlantic Coast Conference’s unity statement was read over the public address speaker. In the suit, Hening says she “supports social justice and believes that black lives matter, she does not support BLM the organization. She disagrees with its tactics and core tenets of its mission statement, including defunding the police and eliminating the nuclear family.”

She claims in the suit that she expressed her views against the Black Lives Matter organization and other social justice measures that the team wanted to do in private messages to other teammates. Those messages, Hening claims, were ultimately shared with Adair.

Hening says that Adair singled her out at halftime of the game and told her she was “b****** and moaning.”

She claims that Adair continued to “berate” her at practice the following week and believed that it was “a continuation of the politically motivated retaliation” that started at halftime.

The suit asks for Hening's reinstatement to the team because Adair violated her First Amendment rights to not participate in the team's demonstration because his actions "effectively forced" her off the team. It also asks that Adair take First Amendment training and that the coach "take no adverse action" against her upon that reinstatement.

——————

I particularly enjoyed the suit asking that the coach take First Amendment training.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by acesfull86 View Post
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.ya...144220803.html

Former Virginia Tech soccer player Kiersten Hening has filed a lawsuit against the team’s coach because she claims she was "berated" and benched by her coach for refusing to take a knee before a game.

Hening claims in the 11-page lawsuit against Virginia Tech and coach Charles Adair that Adair was upset at her for not kneeling before a game against Virginia on Sept. 12. Hening did not play in the team's next game five days later and then quit the team eight days after the Virginia game.

A walk-on and significant player for the team, Hening said that she was one of two players who didn’t kneel before the Virginia game as the Atlantic Coast Conference’s unity statement was read over the public address speaker. In the suit, Hening says she “supports social justice and believes that black lives matter, she does not support BLM the organization. She disagrees with its tactics and core tenets of its mission statement, including defunding the police and eliminating the nuclear family.”

She claims in the suit that she expressed her views against the Black Lives Matter organization and other social justice measures that the team wanted to do in private messages to other teammates. Those messages, Hening claims, were ultimately shared with Adair.

Hening says that Adair singled her out at halftime of the game and told her she was “b****** and moaning.”

She claims that Adair continued to “berate” her at practice the following week and believed that it was “a continuation of the politically motivated retaliation” that started at halftime.

The suit asks for Hening's reinstatement to the team because Adair violated her First Amendment rights to not participate in the team's demonstration because his actions "effectively forced" her off the team. It also asks that Adair take First Amendment training and that the coach "take no adverse action" against her upon that reinstatement.

——————

I particularly enjoyed the suit asking that the coach take First Amendment training.
    Sounds to me like the coach wanted her to work on her crosses.

But seriously, a sports team should be big enough to allow people with a wide range of views to co-exist. No one should feel forced to participate in these political demonstrations. Stand, kneel, whatever. No need to have a uniform code for what to do in those circumstances.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,739 Posts
    Well you most certainly do not have free speech in schools. Its outranked by the imaginary "disrupting learning environment" rule which literally means whatever someone wants it to mean. I support the player, she shouldnt have to go through that, but we certainly dont have free speech in schools.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    glad to see very poorly chosen one making use of this innovative platform to exercise his rights to free speech

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,739 Posts
    I am shocked he said he was a great basketball player. By Trumps law, anyone he doesnt like is inherently overrated/bad at what they do. Sadly a lot of useful idiots avert their gaze.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    I guess he wants LeBron to shut up.

"I am your retribution."

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    The useful idiots are not averting their gaze, but are actively cheering along

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    The useful idiots are not averting their gaze, but are actively cheering along

That's because all of those places are taking a brave stand against fascism. So brave. So not fascist.
    Go get him!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    On January 4, 2021, two days before the storming of the U.S. Capitol, Fuentes discussed killing state legislators who were unwilling to overturn the results of the 2020 election, saying "What can you and I do to a state legislator — besides kill them? We should not do that. I'm not advising that, but I mean, what else can you do, right?"

On January 6, 2021, prior to the storming of the U.S. Capitol, Fuentes spoke to a crowd of supporters, stating, "It is us and our ancestors that created everything good that you see in this country. All these people that have taken over our country—we do not need them... It is the American people, and our leader, Donald Trump, against everybody else in this country and this world... Our Founding Fathers would get in the streets, and they would take this country back by force if necessary. And that is what we must be prepared to do."

Fuentes can exercise his freedom of speech however he so chooses. And polite society can ostracize (cancel) him however it sees fit.

C'est la vie.

Enough with the whining and HEV ©.
    Last edited by nsacpi; 04-27-2021 at 02:00 PM.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Pathetic.
    Go get him!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Pathetic.
    Those who would insurrect ought not to be surprised to see those of us who value Anglo-Saxon traditions such as non-violent transition of power after free and fair elections push back a bit. And push back not so gently. To whine under these circumstances is to be a little bitch.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    We should count how many prominent people outwardly said they wanted to kill trump. There seems to have never been an insurrection backlash on that.

These people are nothing more than clowns. It’s pointless to engage anymore.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    Those who would insurrect ought not to be surprised to see those of us who value Anglo-Saxon traditions such as non-violent transition of power after free and fair elections push back a bit. And push back not so gently. To whine under these circumstances is to be a little bitch.
    Idiots have burned flags for years, you didn't want them punished. Many in academia rushed to OBLs defense to explain how America brought 9/11 upon ourselves, no one wanted them on no fly lists. Communists were able to enjoy all the benefits of the US while rooting for the reds during the last decades of the Cold War. Bill Ayers was a terrorist and still allowed tenure, not to mention mentoring a recent President.

I'll repeat myself, with more emphasis, your recent all out sprint into wokeist totalitarianism is pathetic.
    Last edited by Jaw; 04-27-2021 at 01:44 PM.
    Go get him!

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jaw For This Useful Post:

Tapate50 (04-27-2021), thethe (04-27-2021)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Idiots have burned flags for years, you didn't want them punished. Many in academia rushed to OBLs defense to explain how America brought 9/11 upon ourselves, no one wanted them on no fly lists. Communists were able to enjoy all the benefits of the US while rooting for the reds during the last decades of the Cold War. Bill Ayers was a terrorist and still allowed tenure, not to mention mentoring a recent President.

I'll repeat myself, with more emphasis, your recent all out sprint into wokeist totalitarianism is pathetic.
    Drawing lines is an inherently arbitrary thing. I'm ok with drawing them around insurrection and disenfranchisement. Those threaten core Anglo-Saxon traditions I cherish very highly. Very highly indeed.
    Last edited by nsacpi; 04-27-2021 at 02:09 PM.

"I am your retribution."

19. The Following User Says Thank You to nsacpi For This Useful Post:

zitothebrave (04-27-2021)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    We should count how many prominent people outwardly said they wanted to kill trump. There seems to have never been an insurrection backlash on that.

These people are nothing more than clowns. It’s pointless to engage anymore.
    We've allowed certain things to be normalized that in retrospect we should have pushed back harder against. If y'all had spoken out about this maybe you would have a little more credibility with the pearl-clutching about Maxime Waters. Her comments were outrageous but much less outrageous than what we've gotten used to, such as a sitting president encouraging police brutality.

Last edited by nsacpi; 04-27-2021 at 01:58 PM.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Some of us choose to care about criminals more than their choices deserve.

Not sure what to tell you.

To compare this to what Maxine Waters said is just another example of your madness.
    Natural Immunity Croc

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    So nsacpi is saying Fuentes is guilty of something for saying we shouldn't kill people?

... Ok