Thread: Favorite PODCASTS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts

Favorite PODCASTS

I thought there was another thread on this but couldn't find it.

This one is very, very good, on the history of country music and folks who made it.

Cocaine and Rhinestones

FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    Critical Role

D&D podcast starring a cast of voice actors. DM (Matt Mercer) is McCree from Overwatch, Leon Kennedy from newer Resident Evil Games. and current Voice Actor for Chrom. Other players include Laura Bailey who has done so much voice over work including Jaina Proudmoor from WOW, Kait Diaz from Gears 4, Mary Jane Watson from PS4 spiderman, and has been CHun-Li since 2008. and was Trunks in DBZ. Travis Willingham probably most famous for being Roy Mustang in Full Metal Alchemist, has also been Guile since 2008. Liam O'Brien who did Gollum in recent Shadow of War games, and tons of other roles. Ashley Johnson who was Chrissy Seaver in Growing Pains, Gretchen Grundler in Recess and lots of other roles. Sam Riegel who has done a number of kids TV shows. Taliesin Jaffe who's done lots of voice direction and other roles. And Matt's wife who's had some bit roles. It starts pretty rough because it was super low budget and it does get a lot better and sets some cool stories earlier on but it doesn't really start hitting it's stride til around episode 30.

Nintendo Power

Lots of stuff from Nintendo.

And a few other D&D related ones.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    Having fully caught up to it, Conan Needs a Friend is Brilliant. My favorite episode is probably the Dana Carvey episode but none were a let down. What really has grown since the start is Conan's rapport with his producer. He's able to fire off him almost like he's Andy.

I have started kind of randomly and never expect to catch up on, Talkin' Toons. It's a podcast where Rob Paulsen (Yacko, Pinky, and Dr. Scratchansniff from Animaniacs, Raphael from the original TMNT, Carl Wheezer from Jimmy Neutron and so many more roles) talks to other voice actors. I downloaded a few episodes at a new jersey rest stop on the road when I realized I was about to catch up on Conan Needs a Friend. So far I've listened to fully the episode with Matt Mercer, 2017's christmas special, and most of the episode with Will Friedle. I have next up in the my queue from there Billy West, Phil LaMarr, and Maurice LaMarche. It's fun to get to hear him interact. He's really jazzed about what he's doing and I love it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,040 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    Critical Role

D&D podcast starring a cast of voice actors. DM (Matt Mercer) is McCree from Overwatch, Leon Kennedy from newer Resident Evil Games. and current Voice Actor for Chrom. Other players include Laura Bailey who has done so much voice over work including Jaina Proudmoor from WOW, Kait Diaz from Gears 4, Mary Jane Watson from PS4 spiderman, and has been CHun-Li since 2008. and was Trunks in DBZ. Travis Willingham probably most famous for being Roy Mustang in Full Metal Alchemist, has also been Guile since 2008. Liam O'Brien who did Gollum in recent Shadow of War games, and tons of other roles. Ashley Johnson who was Chrissy Seaver in Growing Pains, Gretchen Grundler in Recess and lots of other roles. Sam Riegel who has done a number of kids TV shows. Taliesin Jaffe who's done lots of voice direction and other roles. And Matt's wife who's had some bit roles. It starts pretty rough because it was super low budget and it does get a lot better and sets some cool stories earlier on but it doesn't really start hitting it's stride til around episode 30.

Nintendo Power

I love Critical Role. The crazy gun powder salesman in the first campaign is still my favorite character.

Have you tried out Glass Cannon? I'm working my way though the backlog of episodes now and find it pretty enjoyable. It also starts out rough but eventually hits its stride in the second book of the campaign.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by striker42 View Post
    I love Critical Role. The crazy gun powder salesman in the first campaign is still my favorite character.

Have you tried out Glass Cannon? I'm working my way though the backlog of episodes now and find it pretty enjoyable. It also starts out rough but eventually hits its stride in the second book of the campaign.
    I have not. I have a backlog of Acquisitions Inc C-Team and Dice Camera Action! to get through. Especially the latter as I'm going to try and get to Pax Unplugged this November/December and so far DCA has been at every one and I've love be caught up. Also I love Chris Perkins, he's so stinking smart.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,040 Posts
    I have not. I have a backlog of Acquisitions Inc C-Team and Dice Camera Action! to get through. Especially the latter as I'm going to try and get to Pax Unplugged this November/December and so far DCA has been at every one and I've love be caught up. Also I love Chris Perkins, he's so stinking smart.
    Glass Cannon is interesting in that they play Pathfinder instead of D&D. The mechanics are a bit different but the show is still tremendously entertaining.

I've wanted to try Acquisitions Inc out but haven't had a chance.

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,746 Posts
    Critical Role

Nintendo Power

Wait, a podcast about Dungeons and Dragons?
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,040 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Individual-1 View Post
    Wait, a podcast about Dungeons and Dragons?
    A podcast where they play D&D. The cast is pretty amazing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    Glass Cannon is interesting in that they play Pathfinder instead of D&D. The mechanics are a bit different but the show is still tremendously entertaining.

I've wanted to try Acquisitions Inc out but haven't had a chance.
    Since I play 5e, i try so far to mainly listen to 5e. Though I will have it on my list.

Acq Inc is really fun. It's borderline absurdist. The C-Team is real wild.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,040 Posts
    Since I play 5e, i try so far to mainly listen to 5e. Though I will have it on my list.

Acq Inc is really fun. It's borderline absurdist. The C-Team is real wild.
    Didn't Rothfuss write a one shot for Acq Inc?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    Didn't Rothfuss write a one shot for Acq Inc?
    Probably. Rothfuss is a fantasy genius. DCA did a live show and one player couldn't show up and Rothfuss sat in playing Kerrik from Critical Role. But I was hoping he's play Driebus from Acq Inc C-Team. Which his character is like a kid who can't decide what he wants to do for his career, so he built the ultimate munchkin character where he multi-classed 5 times. I think the only class he can multiclass into that he hasn't are Warlock and Fighter. It's a brilliant roleplay build that's worthless in game. I haven't gotten around to reading any of his stuff yet, because I haven't really read **** lately. I just decided to start reading again to catch up a little bit on my Star Wars books.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,040 Posts
    Probably. Rothfuss is a fantasy genius. DCA did a live show and one player couldn't show up and Rothfuss sat in playing Kerrik from Critical Role. But I was hoping he's play Driebus from Acq Inc C-Team. Which his character is like a kid who can't decide what he wants to do for his career, so he built the ultimate munchkin character where he multi-classed 5 times. I think the only class he can multiclass into that he hasn't are Warlock and Fighter. It's a brilliant roleplay build that's worthless in game. I haven't gotten around to reading any of his stuff yet, because I haven't really read **** lately. I just decided to start reading again to catch up a little bit on my Star Wars books.
    The Kingkiller Chronicles are brilliant books. Still waiting for book 3.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts

"Is it possible for an American Vice President to carry out a criminal enterprise inside the White House and have nobody remember? To have one of the most brazen political bribery scandals in American history play out before the country while nobody’s paying attention? In her first original podcast, MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow goes back 45 years to dig into a story that got overshadowed in its day."

Awesome podcast!

NL Rookie of the Year Acuña’s Bat Flip's Avatar
    Gaffney, South Carolina (Home of the Big Butt "Peach" on I-85)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    280 Posts
    Dale Earnhardt Jr.'s Dirty Mo Media:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCB2...Jn-i1cgMVqbirg
    FKA Ozzie's Chainz

Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Got to take the L sometimes.

I've been used to it over the years.
    Braves / Panthers / Lakers / Hornets / Clemson / Duke Basketball

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,746 Posts
    https://trumpconlaw.com/

What Trump Teaches Us Abour Constitutional Law.

Basically breaks down everytime Trump breaks the law and does something as President that is egregious towards the Constitution.
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    I just discovered this great podcast.

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,837 Posts
    Joe Rogan

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,881 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thewupk View Post
    Joe Rogan
    Him with Goggins on is must listen stuff. Love the Goggins.
    Ivermectin Man