Thread: 116th Congress

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    Apparently racism is not your or tikiboi's point

You’ve made quite a few racist statements on this forum so why you calling out someone else? I remember AA calling you out for them

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,756 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post
    Hmmm, google “Ron Paul Fatima Center” and tell me how genuinely troubled you are by politicians who are anti-Semite adjacent.
    Ok. I googled it. Now what?

Your obsession with Paul has surpassed mine. I've had the same discussion with you 5,000 times and it gets tiresome. In 40 years in the public eye, I've never heard a word uttered out of his mouth, or seen a vote he ever cast, that wasn't consistent with his views of individual liberty for all. If I missed something, please point me where.

Meanwhile, we have fresh new faces in congress who are representatives of our government now and moving forward. They are superstars as SNL is already glorifying, the media defends every move they make, and Netflix is gonna trip all over themselves to make them uber wealthy. They are all tripping all racing to see just how much of our lives they can take away with government force.

We have spoken or typed words directly from them which tells us everything we need to know - and despite multiple "apologies" they keep coming.

It's too much for you, 57, runnin, goldy, et al to condemn this racism that is directly from the reps mouths... instead it's whataboutism.

So I'll ask you the same thing as last time. Ron Paul is a clearly a racist in julio's mind. Why is so difficult for julio to acknowledge these great new diverse women are as well?

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    I’ve addressed this stuff at some length, whatever you choose to tell yourself. Some of it is troubling, some of it is genuinely bad, some of it is nbd, and some of it is blown out of proportion by some fairly stunning and hypocritical bad faith.

You have ignored, deflected, and made excuses for this stuff, long before 2018 midterms. Your suddenly hawkish eye is noted, and I’m simply asking if you’re interested in casting it towards anyone who’s not a D freshman rep. But it’s not as if I haven’t mentioned it before...many times. The answer above, the one you usually give, is a weak deflection, and it’s particularly relevant because you’re criticizing other politicians for their associations while refusing to engage the issue of whether the same troublesome associations are relevant for everyone. Your answer is obviously that they’re not, so to me that says a lot about how seriously to take your contributions on the subject.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    Ok. I googled it. Now what?

Your obsession with Paul has surpassed mine. I've had the same discussion with you 5,000 times and it gets tiresome. In 40 years in the public eye, I've never heard a word uttered out of his mouth, or seen a vote he ever cast, that wasn't consistent with his views of individual liberty for all. If I missed something, please point me where.
    Now what? Preferably, you’d look at your noting, say, Rashida Tlaib publishing an op-ed in the Final Call, and set it alongside Ron Paul choosing to speak at a conference alongside Holocaust deniers and people who use Farrakhan-esque rhetoric about Jews, and call a spade a spade. But, given that opportunity, you choose not to.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,756 Posts
    Paul's speech at the event was about promoting peace and an anti-war message. He also explained when asked that he gives talks and speeches frequently to groups who oppose his ideas, including the Republican party.

You are free to say it's my bias that keeps me inconsistent here, and maybe you're right. I'm comfortable knowing that even if Paul were a massive racist, he never advocated for laws promoting it.

But youd think we would have heard something by now. We haven't. And frankly, his policies and voting record are 100% consistent with individual liberty.

That is not the case of our new heroes. We have the ugly associations. We have the direct quotes. And we have the anti-liberty policies that support the racist viewpoints like we've historically seen. This combination is unsettling... And they've been in office less than one month.

Regardless, Ron Paul is not in this Congress. Tlaib and Omar are. You admitted above that "some are genuinely bad" but that doesn't have you calling for resignations or loss of committee power or dismissing communist insanity. Instead, you deflect and defend with whataboutism.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to sturg33 For This Useful Post:

Jaw (02-14-2019)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    It's too much for you, 57, runnin, goldy, et al to condemn this racism that is directly from the reps mouths... instead it's whataboutism.

So I'll ask you the same thing as last time. Ron Paul is a clearly a racist in julio's mind. Why is so difficult for julio to acknowledge these great new diverse women are as well?
    I can't find whatever she said that you think is racist. She's against Israel's treatment of the Palestinians and said "impeach the mother*****". I'm glad to see some diversity and don't mind having a few radicals on our side.

This?

“Americans should not be aiding any country that doesn’t support human rights. I’ve been very clear. I will not support racist countries that pick and choose who gets access to justice.”

or this?

“when I was 19 and with my family and some of them had head scarves on, we all jumped in the water and the Israelis jumped out as if my cousins were diseased.”
    Last edited by Runnin; 02-12-2019 at 12:50 AM.
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,756 Posts
    There's are liberals on my twitter feed who are furious about this

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    hey look at him going against what he said in the shutdown. crazy

the republican party is the trump gaslighting party now.
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Omar referenced his guilty pleas on Wednesday, saying, “I fail to understand why members of this committee or the American people should find any testimony that you give today to be truthful.”

“If I could respond to that – ” Abrams said.

“That was not a question,” Omar said, cutting him off.
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,756 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    Omar referenced his guilty pleas on Wednesday, saying, “I fail to understand why members of this committee or the American people should find any testimony that you give today to be truthful.”

“If I could respond to that – ” Abrams said.

“That was not a question,” Omar said, cutting him off.
    Ilhan Omar (D-MN): “Yes or no, do you think that massacre was a fabulous achievement that happened under our watch?”

Elliott Abrams: “That is a ridiculous question”

Omar: “Yes or no?”

Abrams: “No!”

Omar: “I will take that as a ‘yes’”

^ that was a real exchange

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    I’d think that someone who was ostensibly against imperialist intervention in other countries would appreciate one of the single biggest avatars of such intervention being publicly called to account, but I guess not.

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    i was shocked that i was able to guess what political party Eric Porterfield associated himself with just by hearing his stance on the issue

then i see he said it while wearing a maga hat
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts

^ that was a real exchange
    1. HEY EVERYONE: If you're wondering why @IlhanMN was giving poor old Elliott Abrams a hard time, let's learn some history!

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1...642956295.html
    .................................................. .......................................

Now let's consider for a second this is " I hire the best people" 's envoy (face of US) to Venezuela as they pick up the pieces.
    Because current events are to be read backwards because there was always the thing - before the thing
    .................................................. .................................................. .......................................

Which is why she too is scaring the **** out of (R)
    Last edited by 57Brave; 02-14-2019 at 06:45 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    I’d think that someone who was ostensibly against imperialist intervention in other countries would appreciate one of the single biggest avatars of such intervention being publicly called to account, but I guess not.
    he should leave it to an unreconstructed neoconservative like me to stand up for Abrams...but I'm falling down on the job so someone has to step up
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,756 Posts
    Oh I appreciate the non interventionist fight and I hope we stay out of Venezuela.

But I think that exchange I quote was pitiful

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Talking Points Memo
    ‏Verified account @TPM
    57m57 minutes ago

Pelosi defends Omar: "It took them, what, 13 years to notice Steve King?"

so much for petitioning the Speaker to remove Omar from Foreign

Pitiful ?
    Did you pay any attention to the Whitaker testimony ?
    Until recently have you watched Congressional hearings ?

You are very good at being for something then qualifying enough to negate whatever support you lent.and always the boogieman you light on fire is a woman or has a (D) . Curious
    In the past day it has happened with Climate Change and now Foreign Relations
    Hope you dont spend a lot of time wondering why people dont think you speak in good faith

Emphasizing the point that you have absolutely no perspective
    Last edited by 57Brave; 02-14-2019 at 09:04 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,756 Posts
    I especially love it when 57 claims partisanship.

I said King was a racist. Have you done the same for Omar?

King was stripped of his committee power. Omar said she "was sorry, but not actually sorry"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    ... but in the next breath prop him up.

I dont see Omar as "racist" or her comments

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Hearing talk about the Benjemans the last thing I think about is Israeli"$.
    Money hiy like you surprised me.
    Once again, a solution in search of a problem.
    Or in tjis case a slight in search of an insult