User Tag List

Page 32 of 36 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast
Results 621 to 640 of 708

Thread: 116th Congress

  1. #621
    I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    16,757
    Thanks
    984
    Thanked 4,527 Times in 2,915 Posts
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post
    I think your penis shrinks every time you hear a smart, powerful woman speak.
    Ahhhh she's so smart and powerful where is my man card????!!!

  2. #622
    I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    16,757
    Thanks
    984
    Thanked 4,527 Times in 2,915 Posts
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 50PoundHead View Post
    I'm not saying Wells Fargo should be responsible, but I don't think responsibility for any of Wells Fargo's actions (or inactions) would fall on the bank's consumers. You didn't know what the Wells Fargo executives were going to do with your money and that erects a pretty solid wall against legal action extending to you or any other costumers. I've got some banking business to Wells Fargo and I probably won't move it, but that company has shown itself to be run by idiots over the past decade. I would say they are simply crooked, but I don't think the folks running the company are smart enough to consciously be evil.

    As for AOC, I don't agree with her here on the responsibility aspect, but I think she does show how big companies get together to do things and don't really give a f*ck about the consequences to anyone else in the process.
    I'm just extending the socialists logic here.

    Like, is Boeing liable for 9/11? Or better yet, the bank/stock holders who financed the planes?

    The idea that a financer is responsible for something going wrong with the manufacturers product is laughably stupid

  3. #623
    Shift Leader thethe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    31,953
    Thanks
    3,646
    Thanked 3,620 Times in 2,648 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Imagine watching that questioning and thinking AOC is smart.

  4. #624
    I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    16,757
    Thanks
    984
    Thanked 4,527 Times in 2,915 Posts
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Imagine watching that questioning and thinking AOC is smart.
    She makes Palin look like a genius

  5. #625
    It's OVER 5,000! 57Brave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    12,880
    Thanks
    1,278
    Thanked 1,390 Times in 1,011 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    I'm just extending the socialists logic here.

    Like, is Boeing liable for 9/11? Or better yet, the bank/stock holders who financed the planes?

    The idea that a financer is responsible for something going wrong with the manufacturers product is laughably stupid
    or like Boeing being responsible for the 737 max 8 ?
    /////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

    oh yeah, this happened today:

    https://www.npr.org/2019/03/14/70343...o-move-forward


    The suit is a high-stakes challenge to gun companies, which have rarely been held liable for crimes committed with their products, and could mark a new front in the battle over gun regulations and corporate accountability. It centers on the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act (PLCAA), a 2005 law that shields manufacturers and retailers from civil liability in lawsuits brought by victims of gun violence. An eventual ruling against Remington could establish legal precedent, opening doors for more lawsuits against gun manufacturers, and expose the company's communications about its marketing plans.
    “Reject the logic that says someone else’s gain necessitates my loss, and that my gain must come at the cost of another person.”

  6. #626
    Shift Leader thethe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    31,953
    Thanks
    3,646
    Thanked 3,620 Times in 2,648 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    or like Boeing being responsible for the 737 max 8 ?
    /////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

    oh yeah, this happened today:

    https://www.npr.org/2019/03/14/70343...o-move-forward


    The suit is a high-stakes challenge to gun companies, which have rarely been held liable for crimes committed with their products, and could mark a new front in the battle over gun regulations and corporate accountability. It centers on the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act (PLCAA), a 2005 law that shields manufacturers and retailers from civil liability in lawsuits brought by victims of gun violence. An eventual ruling against Remington could establish legal precedent, opening doors for more lawsuits against gun manufacturers, and expose the company's communications about its marketing plans.
    This is not the same thing and the fact you think it is is kind of odd.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to thethe For This Useful Post:

    acesfull86 (03-14-2019)

  8. #627
    It's OVER 5,000! 57Brave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    12,880
    Thanks
    1,278
    Thanked 1,390 Times in 1,011 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Once the doors to corporate responsibility ...

    why not ?
    Had someone in your family died in a crash of a 737 max8 --- shouldn't Boeing be held to fiduciary responsiblity?
    **** if that peckerwood kid in Kentucky can sue CNN WaPo for half a mil because --- well because he was standing there -- why not this- where there is actual loss


    Remington reaps the rewards from the sales in fact their business model and advertising are aimed at people that want to shoot other people --- why not have them accept the responsibility for their business?


    In 2017, Joshua D. Koskoff, one of the lawyers representing the families, said in oral arguments before a panel of judges that “Remington may never have known Adam Lanza, but they had been courting him for years.”


    "
    “Reject the logic that says someone else’s gain necessitates my loss, and that my gain must come at the cost of another person.”

  9. #628
    I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    16,757
    Thanks
    984
    Thanked 4,527 Times in 2,915 Posts
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you actually think this comparison is a good one then you're stupidity knows no bounds.

  10. #629
    It's OVER 5,000! 57Brave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    12,880
    Thanks
    1,278
    Thanked 1,390 Times in 1,011 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You must be a lousy at poker.
    Reason I say that is is, whenever you are out of things to say or cant formulate a sentence with adult words to make your point you resort to 4th grade insults.
    That is called a "tell"

    having said that,

    refute my opinion
    offer a contrary opinion - that holds water.

    I'm willing to listen.
    Change my mind
    “Reject the logic that says someone else’s gain necessitates my loss, and that my gain must come at the cost of another person.”

  11. #630
    It's OVER 5,000! 57Brave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    12,880
    Thanks
    1,278
    Thanked 1,390 Times in 1,011 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    The good part about AOC is she has made so many people go to bat to defend her stupidity.


    https://twitter.com/owillis/status/1106299374693437445
    “Reject the logic that says someone else’s gain necessitates my loss, and that my gain must come at the cost of another person.”

  12. #631
    I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    16,757
    Thanks
    984
    Thanked 4,527 Times in 2,915 Posts
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    You must be a lousy at poker.
    Reason I say that is is, whenever you are out of things to say or cant formulate a sentence with adult words to make your point you resort to 4th grade insults.
    That is called a "tell"

    having said that,

    refute my opinion
    offer a contrary opinion - that holds water.

    I'm willing to listen.
    Change my mind
    Yes, if Boeing makes a faulty product that kills people, they should be held responsible. There is a reason their stock is down 15% this week.

    No, Boeing should not be held liable for a madman flying their product through a building.

    The fact this has to be explained to you is shocking, and frankly scary that so many like minding people vote

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to sturg33 For This Useful Post:

    acesfull86 (03-14-2019)

  14. #632
    I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    16,757
    Thanks
    984
    Thanked 4,527 Times in 2,915 Posts
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Of course AOC is mentally incapable of understanding this.


  15. The Following User Says Thank You to sturg33 For This Useful Post:

    acesfull86 (03-14-2019)

  16. #633
    It's OVER 5,000! 57Brave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    12,880
    Thanks
    1,278
    Thanked 1,390 Times in 1,011 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    Yes, if Boeing makes a faulty product that kills people, they should be held responsible. There is a reason their stock is down 15% this week.

    No, Boeing should not be held liable for a madman flying their product through a building.

    The fact this has to be explained to you is shocking, and frankly scary that so many like minding people vote
    You dont have to explain schit to me.
    I never mentioned Boeing and 9/11 or that Boeing should be held responsible for 9/11.
    Thought never crossed my mind

    this is the only mention of Boeing and 9/11 in this conversation
    #622 if you are keeping score


    I'm just extending the socialists logic here.

    Like, is Boeing liable for 9/11? Or better yet, the bank/stock holders who financed the planes?

    The idea that a financer is responsible for something going wrong with the manufacturers product is laughably stupid


    ...............................

    The difference between 9/11 and Boeing being responsible and Sandy Hook and Remington is airplanes are made for flying - weapons are made for killing.
    Or in the case of DAPL --- there was scientific evidence and there were pleas not to go ahead for environmental reasons yet WF saw "the risk worth it"


    Just like the 737 max8

    which to quote you " Yes, if Boeing makes a faulty product that kills people, they should be held responsible."
    Well in this case the faulty product (the source) was the capital
    WF made the choice contrary to the information .
    Or as you like to call it "data"
    Last edited by 57Brave; 03-14-2019 at 06:20 PM.
    “Reject the logic that says someone else’s gain necessitates my loss, and that my gain must come at the cost of another person.”

  17. #634
    It's OVER 5,000! 57Brave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    12,880
    Thanks
    1,278
    Thanked 1,390 Times in 1,011 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    Of course AOC is mentally incapable of understanding this.

    on top of being a social scientist, a financial adviser, legal expert and god knows what you will be tomorrow

    you are now a psychologist ?
    that is rich


    let a billionaire weigh in on student loans
    that too is rich


    I know I know, you paid yur loans, something about boot straps blah blah blah
    Last edited by 57Brave; 03-14-2019 at 06:20 PM.
    “Reject the logic that says someone else’s gain necessitates my loss, and that my gain must come at the cost of another person.”

  18. #635
    It's OVER 5,000! 57Brave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    12,880
    Thanks
    1,278
    Thanked 1,390 Times in 1,011 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All joking aside, who do you think should pay for the clean up DAPL ?
    “Reject the logic that says someone else’s gain necessitates my loss, and that my gain must come at the cost of another person.”

  19. #636
    I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    16,757
    Thanks
    984
    Thanked 4,527 Times in 2,915 Posts
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    You dont have to explain schit to me.
    I never mentioned Boeing and 9/11 or that Boeing should be held responsible for 9/11.
    Thought never crossed my mind

    this is the only mention of Boeing and 9/11 in this conversation
    #622 if you are keeping score


    I'm just extending the socialists logic here.

    Like, is Boeing liable for 9/11? Or better yet, the bank/stock holders who financed the planes?

    The idea that a financer is responsible for something going wrong with the manufacturers product is laughably stupid


    ...............................

    The difference between 9/11 and Boeing being responsible and Sandy Hook and Remington is airplanes are made for flying - weapons are made for killing.
    Or in the case of DAPL --- there was scientific evidence and there were pleas not to go ahead for environmental reasons yet WF saw "the risk worth it"


    Just like the 737 max8

    which to quote you " Yes, if Boeing makes a faulty product that kills people, they should be held responsible."
    Well in this case the faulty product (the source) was the capital
    WF made the choice contrary to the information .
    Or as you like to call it "data"
    This is why it's easier to just call you stupid

    Using adult words is just as useless

  20. #637
    It's OVER 5,000! 57Brave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    12,880
    Thanks
    1,278
    Thanked 1,390 Times in 1,011 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    who pays for the clean up ?
    “Reject the logic that says someone else’s gain necessitates my loss, and that my gain must come at the cost of another person.”

  21. #638
    I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    16,757
    Thanks
    984
    Thanked 4,527 Times in 2,915 Posts
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ETP

  22. #639
    It's OVER 5,000! 57Brave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    12,880
    Thanks
    1,278
    Thanked 1,390 Times in 1,011 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    we agree, but I see WF culpable

    and should ETP declare bankruptcy?
    which it is certain they will

    who pays then ?
    “Reject the logic that says someone else’s gain necessitates my loss, and that my gain must come at the cost of another person.”

  23. #640
    Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

    Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Individual-1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    School of Hard Cox
    Posts
    16,952
    Thanks
    6,617
    Thanked 6,563 Times in 3,752 Posts
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    let the free market decide who will pay for the cleanup.
    Forever Fredi


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •