Page 18 of 91 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast

Thread: 116th Congress

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Back to King, for all of your moral protestations, you still accepted your tax break on the back of said "racism".

So, your condemnation rings hollow

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,756 Posts
    I didn't vote for King, but thanks

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    Oh I appreciate the non interventionist fight and I hope we stay out of Venezuela.

But I think that exchange I quote was pitiful
    Elliot Abrams spent the 80s abetting massacres and genocide in the name of anti-Communism, and lying to Congress about his role in the Iran-Contra affair (which included his sending weapons to Nicaraguan death squads, er, rebels, on humanitarian aid flights. He was pardoned, then popped up in the GWB years as a big backer of the war in Iraq. Now he’s been appointed to do what he does best, and your problem with this exchange is with...Ilhan Omar?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Julio3000 For This Useful Post:

goldfly (02-14-2019)

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    oh, we only have to take stances on people we voted for now?

interesting
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    but i love that we aren't gonna act like it's a fact that the religious/far right wing isn't bought and paid for by israeli lobbying firms

and that there publican party and their religious crazy wing doesn't have a hard on for Israel cause they need it for their end of world scenario to play out

none of that is anti-Semitic. it's just fact

i love that the people that hate the "pc crowd" and hate when the "race card" is played are leading the charge on this topic though. i love the irony
    Last edited by goldfly; 02-14-2019 at 12:50 PM.
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,756 Posts
    It's a fact that AIPAC buys the GOP?

Care to share the data? And when doing so, please compare it things like, say, PP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,756 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post
    Elliot Abrams spent the 80s abetting massacres and genocide in the name of anti-Communism, and lying to Congress about his role in the Iran-Contra affair (which included his sending weapons to Nicaraguan death squads, er, rebels, on humanitarian aid flights. He was pardoned, then popped up in the GWB years as a big backer of the war in Iraq. Now he’s been appointed to do what he does best, and your problem with this exchange is with...Ilhan Omar?
    Yes... bc she asked him a question, he answered it, then she said she only accepts the opposite of his answer.

She's a clown like the rest of the trio.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    in some regards, of course

with the equation of attracting the religious crazies, the republican party is bought by them. it's about the money and religious crazies working together for their religious goals

the Israeli firms that donate to democrats are usually people fighting over the illegal settlements etc that the religious crazies here and there pursue

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    It's a fact that AIPAC buys the GOP?

Care to share the data? And when doing so, please compare it things like, say, PP
    of course it is.
    Please see every (R) candidate running to Vegas to kiss the ring of Adelson

If memory serves when DJT sewed up the nomintion that was his first trip After that protesting (R) fell in line
    Don't know where there is data for behind the scenes and then there is that Citizens United thing ee

trying to remember cause de celebre visa vie Ted Cruz vilifying PP or the time while Obama was in office he called for his resignation due to his harsh rhetoric over PP.

Friggin snowflakes
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,756 Posts
    I asked you to share the data. Show me the money.

Also, isn't it interesting that the VA governor is still the VA governor?

Please stop trying to lecture me.on your moral superiority. Your allegiance is to the big (D) and nothing else

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    shot in the dark but this would include the Jewish Lobby.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citizens_United_v._FEC

Citizens United v. Federal Election Commission, 558 U.S. 310 (2010), is a landmark U.S. constitutional law, campaign finance, and corporate law case dealing with regulation of political campaign spending by organizations. The United States Supreme Court held (5–4) on January 21, 2010, that the free speech clause of the First Amendment to the Constitution prohibits the government from restricting independent expenditures for communications by nonprofit corporations, for-profit corporations, labor unions, and other associations.[2][3]

And, this opinion

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...e-israel-lobby

.................................................. .................................................. ..

I would never try to lecture you on moral superiority, just reminding you your penchant for consistency while pointing out your faulty ability of recognizing nuance and recognizing the necessity of context

curious your solution for the situation in Virginia.
    The man was duly elected and committed no crime. Hard to impeach with out you know a crime.
    Last edited by 57Brave; 02-14-2019 at 12:50 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,756 Posts
    The AIPAC contributions are public... You can look them up and post them here

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Omar’s controversial tweets noted two important realities. First, money is a huge problem, and motivator, in Washington. Second, Aipac is a powerful group that uses its money to influence the policy decisions of members of Congress. As Mehdi Hasan and Ryan Grim detail in the Intercept, Aipac officials have bragged about their power over Washington lawmakers.

I explain at Sludge that Aipac played a role in forming separate pro-Israel Pacs and has encouraged its members to donate to its favorite candidates for decades; it spends more money than any other pro-Israel group every year to lobby the federal government; it holds annual conventions featuring sympathetic members of Congress; and it’s spent nearly $16m since 2000 to send groups of congresspeople to Israel to learn about the two countries’ relationship through the Aipac lens.

In part because of Aipac’s political efforts, the US has remained Israel’s strongest ally, funding its military and selling it weapons, siding with Israel on UN resolutions, and hardly slapping Israel on the wrist when it expands its illegal West Bank settlements or its soldiers kill hundreds of unarmed Palestinians, including children, medics and journalists.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    The AIPAC contributions are public... You can look them up and post them here
    or you know where they are and show them -- fer chriss sakes.

But it isnt about the money and influence that is in the open
    Not sure why you dont get that

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,941 Posts
    AIPAC has been quite effective in making strategic alliances with members of Congress from both parties. They are obviously pro-Israel, but they play within the rules and I think they are fairly transparent in how they operate and what their intentions are across a broad range of issues that deal with Israel. What has become a contributing factor is how the Religious Right in this country has totally allied themselves with the cause of Israel (note I say "Israel" and not "Jews"). Part of that might be anti-Muslim, but a big part of that support is based on Millenialism and Scriptural prophecy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 50PoundHead View Post
    AIPAC has been quite effective in making strategic alliances with members of Congress from both parties. They are obviously pro-Israel, but they play within the rules and I think they are fairly transparent in how they operate and what their intentions are across a broad range of issues that deal with Israel. What has become a contributing factor is how the Religious Right in this country has totally allied themselves with the cause of Israel (note I say "Israel" and not "Jews"). Part of that might be anti-Muslim, but a big part of that support is based on Millenialism and Scriptural prophecy.
    This is the key part.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BedellBrave View Post
    No lecture. Just an observation/assertion.

Thanks btw! Doubt I'll ever be able to be as active as before, but we shall see.
    I have faith that you are too wise for that my friend.
    Go get him!

Founding member of the Whiny Little Bitches and Pricks Club

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,756 Posts
    Someone this influential should not be so misinformed

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    This is even more egregious than making the point of lower tax refunds to show proof that the tax reform act was a scam.

Its so sad that tens of millions of people dont understand basic math.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    This seems like quite a nitpick. Aside from all the tax incentives, the city was basically dumping $2B in grants on Amazon. I’m sure it wasn’t ripped directly out of the hands of teachers and firefighters, but it was public money.