Page 125 of 364 FirstFirst ... 2575115123124125126127135175225 ... LastLast
Results 2,481 to 2,500 of 7279

Thread: 2020 Field

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carp View Post
    Eh, a guy with no prior political background doesn't seem like the best choice for VP.
    Even though she did not win many delegates, I think Klobuchar has done herself a lot of good in this campaign.
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    As a mystified Bernie Supporter I knew that. These people think if Hillary had a penis she would have won so they think nominating the male Hillary Clinton is the answer. Its infuriating. I went through this same **** with the "electable" candidate Mitt Romney in 2012. I think its a mistake to gauge who your best candidate is with states that you have no chance of winning like Alabama.

I also do not understand all this about being equivalent to Barack Obama. He is nothing special. If he was white he would still be a community organizer.
    States like Bama aren't the objective. It's the swing states like PA, Michigan, FL, VA, and even NC that have high AA populations. Again, the Michigan primary should give us a good idea of what to expect in November.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    Even though she did not win many delegates, I think Klobuchar has done herself a lot of good in this campaign.
    She isn't terrible.

I honestly wonder if Trump wouldn't be better off with a new VP as well. Trump already has the evangelical vote. Someone like Rand Paul might help him with the independents.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Someone like Rand Paul might help him with the independents.
    I could get aboard with that. Anti-vaxxer sympathizer. The one senator who voted against the recent supplemental bill to deal with the coronavirus. The two crackpot formation. Dream ticket!!
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nsacpi For This Useful Post:

Carp (03-06-2020), goldfly (03-06-2020)

Waiting for Free Agency acesfull86's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    910 Posts
    Fivethirtyeight’s revised odds of winning over half of the pledged delegates:

Biden 88%
    No one 10%
    Sanders 2%

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    How would Harris be a trainwreck? She is likeable, charismatic, and experienced. Tulsi Gabbard is also young, charismatic, and has the added benefit of being very pretty (shouldn't matter, but it probably does). She also is a veteran. Lots of positives about Gabbard except for experience.

If he goes young and super liberal, that is who Trump would destroy.

A female VP is the optimal choice at this point, though I don't know that the VP choice in general is all that important. Certainly Palin was a huge mistake, but all in all, I don't think VP choices have moved the needle much in elections. Buttigieg would also be a viable candidate. Sanders would be a great running mate but I doubt Sanders would be interested in VP at this stage of his life.
    Harris is poison. She's not liked by the Black COmmunity and Fox News will be showing that cringy clip where she talked about smoking reefer to pander to the black voters. Add in the fact that smart back channel will harp on her conviction rates of minorities and hard line stances on drug use. Again, the reps don't need to win voters, they need to keep people from showing up. Gabbard would be interesting, but I don't think Joe goes for her after her present vote in the impeachment.

VP choices matter. Pence solidified Trump with the religious right, a group that should never vote for him because he's adulterous, greedy, etc. with no history of religious practice. Obama had to pick Biden to sure up his conservative democratic base and to appease east coast dems.

I do agree that Sanders would be ideal, but he won't be a VP at this point. If he would have been one it would have been for Hillary.

Biden's VP choice matters. I think you're right that he goes woman but I could see him going with an agressive bulldog VP like Booker to attack Trump and Pence while he keeps his hands clean in the background. It wouldn't be the smartest choice but it could happen.

Reality is I think he goes Klobuchar or whatever the Governor of Michigan's name is. Same basic tactic Hillary took with Kaine to sure up Virginia. Klobuchar making the most sense as she has a name. But I won't write BOoker off, if he wants to bet on the black vote that's my guess for his pick.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    States like Bama aren't the objective. It's the swing states like PA, Michigan, FL, VA, and even NC that have high AA populations. Again, the Michigan primary should give us a good idea of what to expect in November.
    But not in the sense you expect. For them to matter you need Biden to comfortably win. He won't make the mistake Hillary did and ignore the breadbasket while campaigning for FLorida and New Hampshire. BUT his black vote advantage will have to really show up at the polls.

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    She isn't terrible.

I honestly wonder if Trump wouldn't be better off with a new VP as well. Trump already has the evangelical vote. Someone like Rand Paul might help him with the independents.
    I was thinking Trump should go with Haley. Haley is the Democrats wet dream. A minority women whose actually held a governorship.

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post
    I was thinking Trump should go with Haley. Haley is the Democrats wet dream. A minority women whose actually held a governorship.
    Can't trust people like Ted Cruz and Nikki Haley who have used more Americanized nicknames instead of their real names Rafael and Nimrata because they know their constituents would never vote for names that sounded like that.
    Forever Fredi

11. The Following User Says Thank You to The Chosen One For This Useful Post:

goldfly (03-06-2020)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Chosen One View Post
    Can't trust people like Ted Cruz and Nikki Haley who have used more Americanized nicknames instead of their real names Rafael and Nimrata because they know their constituents would never vote for names that sounded like that.
    At least Barry reverted to Barack. Even if he was born in Kenya.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to nsacpi For This Useful Post:

Runnin (03-07-2020)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,739 Posts

"This isnt a rush to war, it's a march to peace and prosperity"

Joe "I've done dumb things before and I will do dumb things again" Biden.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,739 Posts

When this ends badly. Remember we knew there was something wrong with Joe and people willingly chose to ignore it. Theres a reason his campaign staff limited his events and interviews. Maybe a traditional politician wouldn't pounce on this but Trump will hyperfocus on this. This is the Joe he will be showing people with his billion dollars of ads. And they dont wven have to lie about this. They will take this and run with it to an extreme.
    Last edited by cajunrevenge; 03-07-2020 at 02:03 PM.

It’s over."

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Bernies doing a town hall on Fox News this Monday evening with Bret brair. I wish it was Tucker and Bernie going after it in prime time, that would be must see tv

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    When this ends badly. Remember we knew there was something wrong with Joe and people willingly chose to ignore it. Theres a reason his campaign staff limited his events and interviews. Maybe a traditional politician wouldn't pounce on this but Trump will hyperfocus on this. This is the Joe he will be showing people with his billion dollars of ads. And they dont wven have to lie about this. They will take this and run with it to an extreme.
    I'm starting to think the bait and switch will happen. Post convention Biden becomes "too ill to run" and they switch him out with a different candidate, maybe it's Michelle Obama, maybe it's Kamala Harris, maybe it's Buttigieg. But basically take the electability aspect of the race out of it. Harris and Buttigieg couldn't beat Sanders but Biden could and then he drops out after the convention and is replaced by someone else. Delegates don't matter at that point.

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    I'm starting to think the bait and switch will happen. Post convention Biden becomes "too ill to run" and they switch him out with a different candidate, maybe it's Michelle Obama, maybe it's Kamala Harris, maybe it's Buttigieg. But basically take the electability aspect of the race out of it. Harris and Buttigieg couldn't beat Sanders but Biden could and then he drops out after the convention and is replaced by someone else. Delegates don't matter at that point.
    So you think the Democrat party will replace Biden with a worse candidate? The shot callers that want Biden over Bernie because Biden has a better chance to beat Trump, will replace Biden with a weaker opponent for trump? Does that make any rational sense to you?

If it’s not Biden it’ll be Bloomberg. That was the plan all along.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Krgrecw For This Useful Post:

acesfull86 (03-07-2020)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Bernie should be down on his hands and knees begging Warren to endorse him and be his running mate. If he doesn't have the ability to bring her on his team then he doesn't have the political skill to push his revolution through.
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,739 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post

I dont think there is a bait and switch but I won't he surprised if it gets so bad that he is replaced.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post
    Bernie should be down on his hands and knees begging Warren to endorse him and be his running mate. If he doesn't have the ability to bring her on his team then he doesn't have the political skill to push his revolution through.
    Warren is not going to endorse Bernie.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    Warren is not going to endorse Bernie.
    She would if he gave her enough, found a way to meet her halfway.

Biden should be begging for her as well.
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR