Page 219 of 364 FirstFirst ... 119169209217218219220221229269319 ... LastLast
Results 4,361 to 4,380 of 7279

Thread: 2020 Field

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    How is the guy who cant walk down a ramp going to "pounce" on anything ?
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    you seem to know the answer so why ask the question ?

Do these passive aggressive clown questions ever stop with you ?

say what you mean
    Why would she work for a rapist?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    How is the guy who cant walk down a ramp going to "pounce" on anything ?
    You buy into fake news narratives so often. IQ estimate down to 65 now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    Why would she work for a rapist?
    You know the answer
    She will institute the 25th amendment within the first 3 months. Biden won't even remember he won the presidency.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    This strategy will be a big boon for trumps re-election. Dems will fall into the trap and trump will pounce on the dems clear racism.
    It might be to his advantage.

I remember a vivid conversation I had with one of my "liberal" Berkeley friends when I was living out there. Her daughter and my son attended the same elementary school in Oakland. I back then was a rare Republican in the area. Anyhow, this liberal woman started to talk to me about how there were too many blacks at the school and that she would using her mother's address in Berkeley next year to move her daughter back to a whiter school. I was dumbfounded by this conversation. The bluntness of the way she expressed herself. And sure enough the next year her daughter was in the Berkeley school system.

So I'm sure very poorly chosen one's message will resonate with many.

The question really is what kind of country we are. We are ok letting our kids go to school with black kids. But not too many of them. And they better not be from the wrong kind of black families. I think this is changing. But my guess is its not changing that fast. So yes chosen one might have a receptive audience when he promises to keep poor people of color out of their neighborhoods. Americans have voted with their feet and chosen de facto segregation.
    Last edited by nsacpi; 08-12-2020 at 10:12 AM.
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post

I remember a vivid conversation I had with one of my "liberal" Berkeley friends when I was living out there. Her daughter and my son attended the same elementary school in Oakland. I back then was a rare Republican in the area. Anyhow, this liberal woman started to talk to me about how there were too many blacks at the school and that she would using her mother's address in Berkeley next year to move her daughter back to a whiter school. I was dumbfounded by this conversation. The bluntness of the way she expressed herself. And sure enough the next year her daughter was in the Berkeley school system.

The question really is what kind of country we are. We are ok letting our kids going to school with black kids. But not too many of them. And they better not be from the wrong kind of black families. I think this is changing. But my guess is its not changing that fast. So yes chosen one might have a receptive audience when he promises to keep poor people of color out of their neighborhoods. Americans have voted with their feet and chosen de facto segregation.
    Allow school choice and the whole conversation ends.

But if you think this is just about white families not going to school with black families then you're falling into the trap.

There are millions of minority families that want to ensure their children grow up in as safe of an area as possible.

Until we address real issues impoverished families will never break out of their chains.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Until we hear otherwise I will assume Biden satisfied Sen Harris' qualms

And I will also assume she will be asked that in public
    if not bring it up herself

we will see

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    Until we hear otherwise I will assume Biden satisfied Sen Harris' qualms

And I will also assume she will be asked that in public
    if not bring it up herself

we will see
    Ha

Right

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Allow school choice and the whole conversation ends.

But if you think this is just about white families not going to school with black families then you're falling into the trap.

There are millions of minority families that want to ensure their children grow up in as safe of an area as possible.

Until we address real issues impoverished families will never break out of their chains.
    One of the best things we can do for impoverished families and their children is to make it possible for more of them to attend the nice suburban schools. It is the acid test really. A measure of our willingness to do some of the heavy lifting necessary to break the cycle of poverty. Unfortunately, we talk a good game but aint that willing.
    Last edited by nsacpi; 08-12-2020 at 10:19 AM.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    One of the best things we can do for impoverished families and their children is to allow more of them to attend the nice suburban schools. It is the acid test really. A measure of our willingness to do some of the heavy lifting necessary to break the cycle of poverty.
    I'm fine with allowing anyone to go to a school of their choosing. But neighborhoods should be protected from crime and criminality and economic status are sadly linked.

Just as in all aspects of life when you have a goal to reach you work harder. If you want to live in a good neighborhood you should make better choices.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    If you want to live in a good neighborhood you should make better choices.
    Yup. We've had quite a few generations of black children now who should have chosen better parents. Bad choice when they chose a parent who was a slave. Bad choice when they chose a black parent during Jim Crow. Bad choice during the era of formal segregation. And bad choice today in the era of de facto segregation.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Yup. We've had quite a few generations of black children now who should have chosen better parents.
    When you remove personal accountability from the individual its very easy to never change.

Its ok though. I dont expect that message to resonate with 100% of the minority population. But based on the impacts of defending the police has had the GOP only needs 15% to win and 20% to make the democrat party irrelevant for a generation.

You may be shocked to hear it but lots of minorities don't belive in the concept that their life is preordained. And whole the GOP is constantly accused of overt racism, rightfully so in many situations, the soft bigotry from the left is far more damaging to the future well being of minorities.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Yup. We've had quite a few generations of black children now who should have chosen better parents. Bad choice when they chose a parent who was a slave. Bad choice when they chose a black parent during Jim Crow. Bad choice during the era of formal segregation. And bad choice today in the era of de facto segregation.
    Poor little Negro. You need the white man's help to ever succeed.

Yikes
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    One of the best things we can do for impoverished families and their children is to make it possible for more of them to attend the nice suburban schools. It is the acid test really. A measure of our willingness to do some of the heavy lifting necessary to break the cycle of poverty. Unfortunately, we talk a good game but aint that willing.
    that would mean that some of the better off kids now in said school would have to be bussed to other schools
    and here we go again

Fact is and let's say it , White people for the most part dont want their kids in school with black kids.
    Unless they average 100 yds per game or average 15 10 and 5

Waiting for Free Agency acesfull86's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    910 Posts
    538 currently has Biden’s chances to win at 71%...sounds about right to me

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts

The question really is what kind of country we are. We are ok letting our kids go to school with black kids. But not too many of them. And they better not be from the wrong kind of black families. I think this is changing. But my guess is its not changing that fast. So yes chosen one might have a receptive audience when he promises to keep poor people of color out of their neighborhoods. Americans have voted with their feet and chosen de facto segregation.
    You are overestimating the average IQ of a voter by 75 points. This won't matter but to VERY small percentage of voters looking to Harris.
    Ivermectin Man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    that would mean that some of the better off kids now in said school would have to be bussed to other schools
    and here we go again

Fact is and let's say it , White people for the most part dont want their kids in school with black kids.
    Unless they average 100 yds per game or average 15 10 and 5
    they're ok with a few...but not too many...

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Feel free to sponser a few yourself. Heavy lifting and all.

"we" mean someone else?
    Ivermectin Man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapate50 View Post
    Feel free to sponser a few yourself. Heavy lifting and all.

"we" mean someone else?
    Come on now. They want low income housing in better neighborhoods. Just not the really nice ones which they live in.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,739 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by acesfull86 View Post
    538 currently has Biden’s chances to win at 71%...sounds about right to me

I think that's about right. I anticipate record turnout this year. Trump can only win with a low voter turnout.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.