Page 226 of 364 FirstFirst ... 126176216224225226227228236276326 ... LastLast
Results 4,501 to 4,520 of 7279

Thread: 2020 Field

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,741 Posts
    Whats going on with the Post Office is practically a declaration of war. Its one thing to cheat its another to do it in broad daylight. His only option to avoid going to prison for years is to win this election. It is going to get ugly. This is just the tip of the iceberg. Once the election is certified we are going to see historic levels of pettiness from Trump.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    Whats going on with the Post Office is practically a declaration of war. Its one thing to cheat its another to do it in broad daylight. His only option to avoid going to prison for years is to win this election. It is going to get ugly. This is just the tip of the iceberg. Once the election is certified we are going to see historic levels of pettiness from Trump.
    It is literally an attack by a sitting president on our democratic institutions.
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,741 Posts
    The thing is, he has already been caught red handed trying to cheat..... right after he successfully obstructed the investigation into whether he conspired with a hostile foreign nation in the last election...... now he barely even tries to hide it. We arent far from "Yes I am cheating because the media is cheating by not reporting what I tell them to"

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    The thing is, he has already been caught red handed trying to cheat..... right after he successfully obstructed the investigation into whether he conspired with a hostile foreign nation in the last election...... now he barely even tries to hide it. We arent far from "Yes I am cheating because the media is cheating by not reporting what I tell them to"
    recidivist

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts

pretty sexy as political symbols go.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Interesting read about the Obama-Biden-Clinton triangle.

https://www.politico.com/news/magazi...ionship-393570

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,741 Posts
    Wow that was a good article. One curious thing was Biden said the best advice he was given was to not attack a persons motives..... that gets to the time Biden said he couldnt figure out Trump. Donald is as transparent of a person as you will ever see. I remember hearing that and thinking Biden was the dumbest mother****er on this planet. When I looked back at Biden's political career it was clear to me he was only capable of a surface level understanding of an issue. He is/was rarely on the right side of an issue and has always been a defender of the status quo. He isnt capable of determining right and wrong he can only see it in terms of what the majority of the public thinks. Once it becomes too much of a political liability he changes. But I have to say few people of such little talent have achieved so much. Especially with that redonkulous hair he had early in his career. If there is a God I think that was him trying to keep him out of politics.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Wow that was a good article. One curious thing was Biden said the best advice he was given was to not attack a persons motives..... that gets to the time Biden said he couldnt figure out Trump. Donald is as transparent of a person as you will ever see. I remember hearing that and thinking Biden was the dumbest mother****er on this planet. When I looked back at Biden's political career it was clear to me he was only capable of a surface level understanding of an issue. He is/was rarely on the right side of an issue and has always been a defender of the status quo. He isnt capable of determining right and wrong he can only see it in terms of what the majority of the public thinks. Once it becomes too much of a political liability he changes. But I have to say few people of such little talent have achieved so much. Especially with that redonkulous hair he had early in his career. If there is a God I think that was him trying to keep him out of politics.
    In terms of raw intellectual firepower he is a pretty dim bulb. But he has people and networking skills that have helped him a lot during his career. Plus a good amount of drive and ambition. He is 77 and been around forever. I still don't have a good feel of what kind of president he will make. I do know he will be taking office in a moment where the country is open to making some big changes. Very poorly chosen one was also elected by people fed up with the status quo. Americans are clearly in a mood for change. The challenge is to shape policy in a way that constructively meets that desire.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Democrats say that President Trump’s assault on the U.S. Postal Service has handed them a new political message in the 2020 election, with a chance to make inroads with constituencies who have long favored Republicans.

High-profile Democrats from former president Barack Obama to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) sounded the alarm Friday about the president’s moves to denigrate government-run mail services, decrying it as an assault on democracy and the needs of citizens who rely on its daily deliveries.

Those most affected by reports of slowdowns in delivery services include veterans, senior citizens and rural residents who have long voted Republican, arming Democratic challengers and incumbents with a salient campaign issue. Democrats are already blanketing the airwaves, latching on to the opportunity to highlight support for an institution that has a 91 percent approval rating, according to an April survey by the Pew Research Center.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...ge%2Fstory-ans

an incredibly dumb thing to do...but then he is an incredibly dumb man

"I am your retribution."

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,790 Posts
    Can someone give me the summary of this "assault" and "war"

Best I've seen is that they are bankrupt as always and the PMG is trying to cut costs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Republicans immediately appeared to determine that Trump was creating potential political problems for them. In a rare break from the president, House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) said Friday on CNBC that he supports funding the Postal Service, which has warned 46 states and D.C. that due to deficiencies, it cannot guarantee all ballots cast by mail will arrive by Election Day and be counted.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...ge%2Fstory-ans

The political pros know what a disaster floating the idea of defunding the postal service is for the GOP. But very poorly chosen one is way too dumb to grasp that.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    In West Virginia, Sen. Joe Manchin III (D) spent Friday touring a quartet of U.S. post offices in the state and highlighting what he called an “all-out war” against the Postal Service by the Trump administration.

The often mild-mannered Manchin said in an MSNBC interview Friday that Postmaster General Louis DeJoy “won’t even talk to us” and “shouldn’t even be there to begin with.”

It is just an incredible unforced error by very poorly chosen one. But he's good with unforced errors.
    Last edited by nsacpi; 08-15-2020 at 10:40 AM.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,790 Posts
    Its really tough to like this lady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post

Is she dumb too like AOC?

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,790 Posts
    She is definitively not dumb

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,053 Posts
    Harris isn't dumb. I just don't think she considers truth to be particularly important. That has nothing to do with race or sex, it has everything to do with her former job as a DA for a major city.

I do not trust DAs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by striker42 View Post
    I just don't think she considers truth to be particularly important.
    hmmmm

after 4 years of constant lying...it will be a relief to go back to prior standards

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,790 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by striker42 View Post
    Harris isn't dumb. I just don't think she considers truth to be particularly important. That has nothing to do with race or sex, it has everything to do with her former job as a DA for a major city.

I do not trust DAs.
    She proved in primaries she would simply say whatever was popular at the time. No principles

19. The Following User Says Thank You to sturg33 For This Useful Post:

acesfull86 (08-15-2020)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,294 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post

At some point she’s going to have to answer that question from a non-friendly audience where a condescending laugh isn’t going to cut it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    The standard established by her opponents this week is just ignore the question then advocate for nuking a hurricane or something