Page 96 of 364 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106146196 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,920 of 7279

Thread: 2020 Field

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,813 Posts
    They insist on taking over every part of our lives they can get their hands on

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Yes, we must speak out about big government’s imposition into [checks notes] public schools.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Julio3000 For This Useful Post:

goldfly (10-23-2019)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,813 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post
    Yes, we must speak out about big government’s imposition into [checks notes] public schools.
    Let me raise my kid the way I want to and stop intentionally trying to limit the choices I have

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    853 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    Well, I guess we disagree. If someone is willing to put their life at risk in service of the country, I can at least appreciate that, even if I disagree with the cause
    I just don’t see what the armed forces have done to directly protect my freedom in the past 70 years or so.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,813 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mqt View Post
    I just don’t see what the armed forces have done to directly protect my freedom in the past 70 years or so.
    They haven't.

I don't blame the soldiers for that. I blame the government, who have done nothing to protect our freedom, and yet you support candidates to continue giving them more power.

Tulsi wants to end the stupid wars and thats why the mainstream of the party hate her

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    853 Posts
    They haven't.

I don't blame the soldiers for that. I blame the government, who have done nothing to protect our freedom, and yet you support candidates to continue giving them more power.

Tulsi wants to end the stupid wars and thats why the mainstream of the party hate her
    I don’t blame the soldiers, but I also don’t think they’re owed unconditional reverence. There are certainly some wonderful servicemen/women who have done great things, but just signing on the dotted line isn’t necessarily heroic.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,813 Posts
    I don’t blame the soldiers, but I also don’t think they’re owed unconditional reverence. There are certainly some wonderful servicemen/women who have done great things, but just signing on the dotted line isn’t necessarily heroic.
    You seemed to take issue with my highlighting Tulsi's service overseas as a positive. I'm not sure why. Do you think it is a negative?

Someone who risks their life and fights in a stupid war has a lot more respect from me than the Clintons and Trumps of the world who send our men and women off to die while refusing to serve themselves.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    853 Posts
    You seemed to take issue with my highlighting Tulsi's service overseas as a positive. I'm not sure why. Do you think it is a negative?

Someone who risks their life and fights in a stupid war has a lot more respect from me than the Clintons and Trumps of the world who send our men and women off to die while refusing to serve themselves.
    I don’t think it’s a negative, I just don’t think it’s necessarily a positive either. It makes no difference to me whether someone was in the Air Force or flipped burgers at McDonald’s in their early 20s. At the end of the day, what matters is what you do to help others.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    A candidate's ability to manage people and communicate to all political stripes is way more important than their own personal ideas about policy. It's a bureaucracy and a republic.

At the end of the day, social skills are more important than political opinions because ideas have to be sold and support managed.
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,263 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post
    yeah, i read that

and was like, "wut? lol"
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,422 Posts

Military service consists of 75% waiting to march, 20% walking in a group and 4.5% folding your cloths to specification

Man I betcha John Kerry is reading this thinking, " man I wish i knew sturg ..."
    But in all seriousness, based on your writing over the years you would have been part of the Swiftboating conga line
    Odd
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,422 Posts
    what Tulsi and her proponents are missing is she took the bait. She is fighting a ghost

I dont think the ghost has named her by name, yet

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,422 Posts
    Let me raise my kid the way I want to and stop intentionally trying to limit the choices I have
    what kid ?

At some point adulthood is no longer a hypothetical

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,813 Posts
    I don’t think it’s a negative, I just don’t think it’s necessarily a positive either. It makes no difference to me whether someone was in the Air Force or flipped burgers at McDonald’s in their early 20s. At the end of the day, what matters is what you do to help others.
    My original point is that Tulsi has the same idiodic economic policies as Warren and Sanders, while having a credible anti-war stance, and without all the baggage. Shes also much more articulate and comes across as more reasonable.

I think she should be the darling of the extreme left. But she has dared question our FP so she has been buried

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,904 Posts
    They insist on taking over every part of our lives they can get their hands on

Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    My original point is that Tulsi has the same idiodic economic policies as Warren and Sanders, while having a credible anti-war stance, and without all the baggage. Shes also much more articulate and comes across as more reasonable.

I think she should be the darling of the extreme left. But she has dared question our FP so she has been buried
    I think you might want to begin by asking why someone who considered themselves of the left would support Gabbard over Bernie Sanders, and work from there.

Another thing that I notice is that you often refer to her as “anti-war,” when she’s been pretty consistently pro-“war on terror,” just with the caveat of not supporting imperialist adventurism and big troop footprints. She used to be a go-to guest on Fox News to talk about how Obama was insufficiently aggressive against “radical Islam.” She favored a MORE aggressive drone/spec ops war, which it seems to me was a particular sticking point of yours with Obama.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Yeah, I’m just not sure that those choices should include options that are publicly funded but not accountable to the commons. Your choice is to send your (hypothetical) kids to public school, send them to private school, or home-school them. What choices are you being denied?

One of the conservative buzzwords on education has always been “local control.” If a state or district wants to fund charter schools, ok. Why should it be the federal government’s job to do so, without transparency or accountability? Local $ comes with strings that are voted for by local electorates. Federal $ comes with strings, likewise. Not sure why this is even a controversial statement.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Julio3000 For This Useful Post:

goldfly (10-23-2019)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,422 Posts
    Expected to get back here and see volumes on Tulsi backing out of her House seat to pursue a 3rd party run...
    Or taking the drive time 4-6 slot on Fox.

Still not clear
    Last edited by 57Brave; 10-25-2019 at 05:22 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,745 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post
    A candidate's ability to manage people and communicate to all political stripes is way more important than their own personal ideas about policy. It's a bureaucracy and a republic.

At the end of the day, social skills are more important than political opinions because ideas have to be sold and support managed.

Good point. It's also why I can be for Warren despite not being for most of her policies. The "right" is going to pretend like all her policies become law the second she is inaugurated as a scare tactic. My prediction is she gets next to nothing passed but still gets the blame for the inevitable recession. Rand Paul wins the Republican nomination as the bridge candidate between the Trump base and sane Republicans.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,422 Posts
    Winner of the popular vote for POTUS:

B. Clinton
    B. Clinton
    A. Gore
    Bush II
    Obama
    Obama
    H. Clinton

Why are Republicans into stopping folks from voting? Because in the last SEVEN elections they have won the popular vote ONE TIME.