Page 275 of 364 FirstFirst ... 175225265273274275276277285325 ... LastLast
Results 5,481 to 5,500 of 7279

Thread: 2020 Field

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,051 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carp View Post
    Uh, no. Trump lies more than probably any elected official ever. You can't compare him at all to past Presidents (at least recently).
    I'm not so sure about lying more. He lies more brazenly for sure but I'm not sure about quantity. Subtle lying and misdirection is the normal MO of the politician and Trump is anything but a subtle person.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,993 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post
    I’d perfer a liar who put America first; challenged China, drove the economy to the best its ever been and stuck up for law and order but if you’d rather want a truthful president who lied about us keeping our insurance if we liked it, Let China run all over us, and threw money at our enemies, you can back that guy.
    There's your mistake... he's a liar that puts himself first. He's done it his entire documented career. The greatest con in history is making all you saps thinks he actually cares about America.

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by striker42 View Post
    I'm not so sure about lying more. He lies more brazenly for sure but I'm not sure about quantity. Subtle lying and misdirection is the normal MO of the politician and Trump is anything but a subtle person.
    Yep.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    What would the reaction on the left be if Biden offered to make Jared Kushner a foreign policy advisor? Hard to argue that Kushner is not having a big influence on positive developments. The US should continue pursuing his strategy no matter who wins the presidency.
    thank you weso1!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,704 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    Yep.

She's genuinely concerned. She was so distraught that she drew her eyebrows like she'd been drinking, but I know it was actually just concern.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    Nothing like a nice cackle.

But she's not lying!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,704 Posts
    This may explains why so many idiots compare Trump to hitler...

https://www.pix11.com/news/national/...UsxTpk709882mE

Our education system is raising idiots.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Nothing like a nice cackle.

But she's not lying!!

Nah dude, that just proves she has kids and they're probably teenagers. lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Oklahomahawk View Post
    She has adult step-children.

And a laugh to be proud of. Laughter is a healthy thing.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    When I spoke with Olivia Troye on Thursday afternoon, she sounded more than a little scared. She was about to go public with a scorching video, in which she would denounce President Donald Trump and his stewardship of the country during the coronavirus pandemic. Troye, who served as Vice-President Mike Pence’s adviser for homeland security until late July, has witnessed the Administration’s response to the crisis, as Pence’s top aide on the White House coronavirus task force. She had seen Trump rant in private about Fox News coverage as his public-health advisers desperately tried to get him to focus on a disease that has now killed some two hundred thousand Americans. She had decided that Trump was lying to the American public about the disease, and that “words matter, especially when you’re the President of the United States,” and that it was time to speak out. She was nervous and scared and worried for her family and her career. But she plunged ahead anyway.

I asked about her firsthand observation of the President during the crisis. She said that Trump was “disruptive.” That he could not “focus.” That he was consumed by himself and his prospects in November. “For him, it was all about the election,” Troye told me. “He just can’t seem to care about anyone else besides himself.”

Troye joined the coronavirus task force when it was first established, in late January, before any Americans had died from covid-19. Her experience on it, Troye told me, convinced her that Trump’s handling of the situation—the conscious spreading of disinformation, the disregard for the task force’s work—had made the crisis far worse for Americans. She warned about the President’s push for a vaccine before the November election and said that she did not trust him to do the right thing for the country’s health and safety. “What I’m really concerned about is if they rush this vaccine and pressure people and get something out because they want to save the election,” she said.

Troye is the first White House staff member who has worked on the coronavirus response to speak out publicly against Trump, but the President and the Administration she described were drearily consistent with portraits that have emerged in countless other tell-all interviews and books: a White House riven by backstabbing and suspicion, where trouble flowed from the top and good governance was subordinate to Presidential whim and partisan calculation. She told me she believed that most other staffers on the coronavirus task force were genuinely motivated to help Americans weather the pandemic but that Trump blocked them from implementing the right policies. “Everything that you’re putting in place is derailed not just by a random person—it’s derailed by a No. 1. It’s derailed by the person at the very top,” she said.

In the video, Troye recounts when Trump, a noted germaphobe, met with the coronavirus task force, early on in the crisis, and told its members that perhaps the pandemic was a good thing because he would no longer have to shake hands with all the “disgusting people” at his rallies and other public events. During our interview, I asked Troye if she could remember other particularly memorable times when Trump spoke privately to the group. She recalled how Trump refused several times to consider urgent business that the task force presented to him, deciding “to talk about himself and a preferred news network and how upset he was with them, instead of focussing on the agenda at hand.” Fox News coverage, in other words, preoccupied the President more than saving American lives. I asked Troye if that shocked her. “No,” she said. She remembered what she thought at the time: “This is exactly what you would expect.”

In the end, this is what struck me most during my conversation with Troye: she is young, only forty-three years old, with a long career ahead of her, and she was willing to put it all on the line publicly, while people like Mattis and Kelly were not. That contrast could not have been more stark as I read a Coats Op-Ed in the Times which published the same day as Troye’s video. Coats, clearly referring to Trump’s recent undermining of faith in the upcoming election, said that a national commission should be established by Congress to insure confidence in this fall’s voting. Coats never once referenced Trump by name, and he has never publicly come forward to share with Americans his misgivings about the President. Why not? He is a veteran U.S. senator and a former U.S. ambassador who closed out his career as the head of the massive U.S. intelligence bureaucracy. What does he have to risk?

Olivia Troye, with much more to lose—and with none of the stature of a former member of Congress or a former Marine general—had much more courage than all of them. She went ahead when they have not, knowing that she would be attacked. And, sure enough, when the video went online, the White House released a comment about her that was harsh and personal. Her direct supervisor in Pence’s office, Lieutenant General Keith Kellogg, told the Washington Post that Troye was a “disgruntled” former detailee from the Department of Homeland Security who was “no longer capable of keeping up with her day-to-day duties.” Later, when Pence himself was asked about Troye, he told reporters she was just “one more disgruntled employee who’s left the White House [and] decided to play politics during an election year.” When I spoke with Troye once more, on Thursday evening, she was bracing for more such comments from powerful men.

I asked her if she was bothered by the failure of senior officials who share her views to speak out as she had done. Troye was generous. “I know that I am not alone, and how hard it is,” she said. But, she added—and this is a point that cannot be repeated enough between now and November 3rd—this is not a time for silence. “I hope that this will encourage other voices who were obviously much more senior than I was to tell the truth about the situation here we’re in,” she said. “And how dangerous this is.”

https://www.newyorker.com/news/lette...ng-of-covid-19
    Last edited by nsacpi; 09-17-2020 at 07:54 PM.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    Your posts are too long

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Your posts are too long
    Another hurricane coming to a Republican run state.

You Grasshopper have the attention span of a --- Grasshopper

In the end, this is what struck me most during my conversation with Troye: she is young, only forty-three years old, with a long career ahead of her, and she was willing to put it all on the line publicly, while people like Mattis and Kelly were not. That contrast could not have been more stark as I read a Coats Op-Ed in the Times which published the same day as Troye’s video. Coats, clearly referring to Trump’s recent undermining of faith in the upcoming election, said that a national commission should be established by Congress to insure confidence in this fall’s voting. Coats never once referenced Trump by name, and he has never publicly come forward to share with Americans his misgivings about the President. Why not? He is a veteran U.S. senator and a former U.S. ambassador who closed out his career as the head of the massive U.S. intelligence bureaucracy. What does he have to risk?

Olivia Troye, with much more to lose—and with none of the stature of a former member of Congress or a former Marine general—had much more courage than all of them. She went ahead when they have not, knowing that she would be attacked. And, sure enough, when the video went online, the White House released a comment about her that was harsh and personal. Her direct supervisor in Pence’s office, Lieutenant General Keith Kellogg, told the Washington Post that Troye was a “disgruntled” former detailee from the Department of Homeland Security who was “no longer capable of keeping up with her day-to-day duties.” Later, when Pence himself was asked about Troye, he told reporters she was just “one more disgruntled employee who’s left the White House [and] decided to play politics during an election year.” When I spoke with Troye once more, on Thursday evening, she was bracing for more such comments from powerful men
    Last edited by 57Brave; 09-17-2020 at 09:18 PM.
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Charlotte Alter
    @CharlotteAlter
    ·
    2h
    Biden, in an embarrassing senior moment, recites the divergent

biological methods of two possible vaccines

(molecular structure versus immune system enhancement)

and also details the chemical specifics how they have to

be stored and transported.

Awkward!

Adam SerwerSpaghetti
    @AdamSerwer
    ·
    26m
    The “Biden memorized all the questions and answers” talking point
    is somewhat in tension with the “Biden has dementia” talking point.

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post

Hate to break this to you, most people I know who're holocaust deniers are not people who are voting against Trump. Most holocaust disinformation is spread on far right parts of the internet.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    Hate to break this to you, most people I know who're holocaust deniers are not people who are voting against Trump. Most holocaust disinformation is spread on far right parts of the internet.
    ‘Most people I know who’re deniers” You personally don’t know one person who denies the Holocaust happened. You sure as hell don’t know a group of them. You may know a lot of uneducated people who couldn’t tell you one thing about WW2, but that’s not the same as a person thats educated in Western History and WW2 and says ‘Nazis were bad and that did all sorts of bad stuff but they didn’t have concentration camps’.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,704 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    I have no idea if you're claim is true or not.

My statement about trump definitely made it look like I was referring to just the left being uneducated on the Holocaust, but I didn't mean it like that... both sides seem to be very uneducated on this matter.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post

Our citizenry seems to be ok with raising idiots.
    Once we demand more of the administration of to lay out effectual educational programs -- perhaps then we will stand a chance.

But, that will cost money.
    We cant have an education system that runs on the cheap and expect it to do anything more than " raise idiots"

you get what you pay for

in policing, in teaching , in infrastructure etc etc etc

But boy, we sure got some cool tanks, infrared night goggles and airplanes
    /////

It is not urban myth that underpaid teachers are having to purchase supplies out of pocket
    Last edited by 57Brave; 09-18-2020 at 06:44 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Oklahomahawk View Post
    I think Kamala is pure evil but I also thought the same as you on this one.
    Natural Immunity Croc