3,899 Posts
    Natural Immunity Croc

Waiting for Free Agency acesfull86's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zbhargrove View Post
    Something I can actually agree with you on.
    If Biden picks anyone who isn't from the loony bin progressive wing of the party, I'll consider it a win. Nothing he does will actually motivate me to go to the polls and pull the lever for him, but the right VP may make me prefer him to Trump.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,988 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by acesfull86 View Post
    If Biden picks anyone who isn't from the loony bin progressive wing of the party, I'll consider it a win. Nothing he does will actually motivate me to go to the polls and pull the lever for him, but the right VP may make me prefer him to Trump.
    If its Abrams or Warren, etc... I will be voting 3rd party yet again... if its Klobuchar, I will likely vote Biden.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    The vote isn't for biden as is. They will invoke the 25th amendment on him within 6 months.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    I think the looney left and probably some other members of the left want him to pick Warren, I guess as some sort of "olive branch" to the Bernie supporters. I don't want any part of Kamala or Warren personally. I actually think Amy K. is the best of the lot if he follows through with his promise to pick a woman. If memory serves even thethe agreed she is the most reasonable sounding of all the female Dem candidates this time around. It still wouldn't shock me to see some sort of "mystery choice" at some point but that's just my 2 cents worth. I don't have 1/1000 of the time to study and research this stuff as some of our board mates.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,988 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Oklahomahawk View Post
    I think the looney left and probably some other members of the left want him to pick Warren, I guess as some sort of "olive branch" to the Bernie supporters. I don't want any part of Kamala or Warren personally. I actually think Amy K. is the best of the lot if he follows through with his promise to pick a woman. If memory serves even thethe agreed she is the most reasonable sounding of all the female Dem candidates this time around. It still wouldn't shock me to see some sort of "mystery choice" at some point but that's just my 2 cents worth. I don't have 1/1000 of the time to study and research this stuff as some of our board mates.
    I was very hopeful for Klobuchar... one of the last true centrists around that actually has some popularity...

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zbhargrove View Post
    I was very hopeful for Klobuchar... one of the last true centrists around that actually has some popularity...
    Agreed. Unfortunately she isn't eye candy (relatively speaking) like Tulsi, or whatever you want to call it candy like Warren. Not sure how to even classify Kamala, cool name but that's about it for me.

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,854 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    lol wow

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,288 Posts
    Looking forward to 57 saying this is a 4D political chess move like calling someone fat.

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Waiting for Free Agency acesfull86's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    909 Posts
    The vote isn't for biden as is. They will invoke the 25th amendment on him within 6 months.
    As someone who has grown to despise both major parties, the one thing I don't want above all else is the progressive wing of the Democratic party growing in power or popularity. A Trump win could spur them on, since they'll be able to point to two consecutive establishment candidates losing to Trump. Then in 4 years we're looking at a true progressive vs a PBTNL for the Republicans, which could go really south.

If Biden beats Trump and has Klobuchar as the VP, it keeps some clown from the Sanders/AOC/Warren wing of the party running until at least 2028. It would also give the Republicans 4 years to get their act together, wrestle the party away from Trump (I know you don't want this, but many do), and find a candidate to knock off an extremely beatable Biden in '24, assuming he isn't fully demented and removed before that point. That path looks a little more appetizing to me.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to acesfull86 For This Useful Post:

goldfly (05-22-2020)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    As someone who has grown to despise both major parties, the one thing I don't want above all else is the progressive wing of the Democratic party growing in power or popularity. A Trump win could spur them on, since they'll be able to point to two consecutive establishment candidates losing to Trump. Then in 4 years we're looking at a true progressive vs a PBTNL for the Republicans, which could go really south.

If Biden beats Trump and has Klobuchar as the VP, it keeps some clown from the Sanders/AOC/Warren wing of the party running until at least 2028. It would also give the Republicans 4 years to get their act together, wrestle the party away from Trump (I know you don't want this, but many do), and find a candidate to knock off an extremely beatable Biden in '24, assuming he isn't fully demented and removed before that point. That path looks a little more appetizing to me.
    To each his own.

Trumps policies have been wonderful for the country and the hate that people accuse trump of is what rests inside of liberals but it was acceptable to express it because the media didn't cover it.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    Trump clearly hates Jews.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    My favorite Charlamagne Tha God Interview/commentary is when he is talking about Miley Cyrus and Justin Bieber being a waste of white skin

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Trump clearly hates Jews.
    We have federal court cases of him literally hating black people

But he throws out dog whistles of anti-semitism for sure

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts

Progressive policies for the most part poll in the 60% range
    Proving again, if you cant win on policy ( guns,tax policy,education health environment) you work from politics ( judicial,FOX echo machine , voter suppression Mitch) and if you still cant win on that you fight with the personal (AOC-- a regular punching bag of Hannity,Limbaugh, Shapiro etal. "Sanders yells too much yada yada yada )

What policies of Progressives ignites this fear of Progressive power and popularity ?

It is astonishing how a young,first term female Latino Congressperson "triggers" the right.
    That seems a troubling demographic to (R) proponents
    So just say it. You dont want female POC in postions of authority.
    The sooner we get that out of the way we can have a discussion
    Last edited by 57Brave; 05-22-2020 at 01:14 PM.
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,288 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    Jamele Hill: “Yeah but”