Thread: 2020 Field

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    So mr “real news” “freedom” boy

Said a video is about climate change that is actually about gun violence/school shootings
    Oh... so she is living in fear over something she shouldnt be, and the presidential candidate tells her she is right to feel that way?

I'm sorry you and that girl live your life in fear. Very sad

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    I genuinely feel sorry for this young girl for the psychological abuse her parents have done to her

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    waiting til you learn Koch's have had the information for decades and decided to squelch the science in favor of deregulation (profit). squelch via putting "scientists" on the payroll to deny the science.
    Waiting for you to acknowledge that the scientific community is on record predicting doom and gloom about 50 times and continue to be wrong.

You'll have to excuse my skepticism that were not all gonna die in 12 years...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    "freedom" boy in here feeling bad for everyone

hahaha
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    853 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    I genuinely feel sorry for this young girl for the psychological abuse her parents have done to her
    lol. A young person has a specific worldview, becomes a fierce advocate for that worldview and it’s abuse?

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Waiting for you to acknowledge that the scientific community is on record predicting doom and gloom about 50 times and continue to be wrong.

You'll have to excuse my skepticism that were not all gonna die in 12 years...
    I mean, that’s obviously a strawman, but what I’m interested in is knowing if you think the broad conclusions of the scientific community are wrong in this case. Let’s limit the discussion to one issue—sea level rise. Sure, there’s a wide range of projections, and they’re based on wickedly complicated models, but the basic premise of it is that each incremental rise in temperature is going to result in x amount of sea-level rise, through thermal expansion, through glacial melt, through the melting of continental ice sheets. The basics are not too complicated for the layman to grasp. Do you think they’ve just...got it wrong?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mqt View Post
    lol. A young person has a specific worldview, becomes a fierce advocate for that worldview and it’s abuse?
    Her worldview is that her "Hopes and dreams have been stolen from her"

That's a really sad worldview

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post
    I mean, that’s obviously a strawman, but what I’m interested in is knowing if you think the broad conclusions of the scientific community are wrong in this case. Let’s limit the discussion to one issue—sea level rise. Sure, there’s a wide range of projections, and they’re based on wickedly complicated models, but the basic premise of it is that each incremental rise in temperature is going to result in x amount of sea-level rise, through thermal expansion, through glacial melt, through the melting of continental ice sheets. The basics are not too complicated for the layman to grasp. Do you think they’ve just...got it wrong?
    It's not a strawman. It's what the leadership of the party of science is screaming about daily to our kids telling then their future is gone if the dems dont get unlimited power.

I'm not the one pushing the 12 year narrative... your party is

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    It's not a strawman. It's what the leadership of the party of science is screaming about daily to our kids telling then their future is gone if the dems dont get unlimited power.

I feel like you don't read what you write at all before you say it. Maybe you're just some form of Ron Paul AI that spews bull**** with no meaningful backing.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts
    Ron Paul is a fierce critic of Trump. So Sturg is certainly not a Ron Paul AI bot.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    In fairness, when sturg isn't outright agreeing with or turning a blind eye he too is certainly " a fierce critic of Trump "
    Just ask him
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    853 Posts
    Her worldview is that her "Hopes and dreams have been stolen from her"

That's a really sad worldview
    It’s a worldview, nonetheless.

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    that she is having to lecture adults

means her dreams are being deferred cause of their inaction and instead of going about like nothing is happening she is trying to take action cause those in charge aren't

thus her statement is true cause she can't just be a child

i still love him feeling sorry for everyone though. lol
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts

It’s an oversimplification on their part, which you’re further simplifying and exaggerating in order to avoid talking about the substance. Which pretty well qualifies as a strawman, right?

So you want to address the science, or nah?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    It’s an oversimplification on their part, which you’re further simplifying and exaggerating in order to avoid talking about the substance. Which pretty well qualifies as a strawman, right?

So you want to address the science, or nah?
    I'm not a scientist so my opinions on the details probably arent anymore helpful than the doomsdayers.

But, the scientists have been wrong for 100 years on this particular topic. They will be wrong on the 12 year threat. I believe AOC recently said Miami will soon be under water in a decade She will be wrong.

I understand that melting glaciers can lead to higher sea levels. I also understand that not all sea levels are rising and some are declining. Some ice is expanding while others are receeding.

The idea that humans have ruined this planet is nonsensical. But if it were true, the idea that humans can save it are equally dumb.

But rest assured, there will always be a market for the doomsayers bc they will never have to answer for their being wrong. Al Gore is still paid to come tell us how were all gonna die despite his being wrong from day one.

I may be less skeptical if the solution wasnt give the government unlimited power... but here we are. The alarmists dont lead by example. They don't embrace nuclear. They dont address India or China. They arent serious people. They just want power.

And these kids are being traumatized as these "leaders" are on television every night telling them the world will soon be over. We not have am anti-population movement. Its insanity

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    that she is having to lecture adults

means her dreams are being deferred cause of their inaction and instead of going about like nothing is happening she is trying to take action cause those in charge aren't

thus her statement is true cause she can't just be a child

i still love him feeling sorry for everyone though. lol
    She doesnt understand what she is lecturing about. She is being used by politicians who hide behind her against criticism.

I do feel bad that both you and Greta live your life in fear.

It's a terrible way to live

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    I'm not a scientist so my opinions on the details probably arent anymore helpful than the doomsdayers.

But, the scientists have been wrong for 100 years on this particular topic. They will be wrong on the 12 year threat. I believe AOC recently said Miami will soon be under water in a decade She will be wrong.

I understand that melting glaciers can lead to higher sea levels. I also understand that not all sea levels are rising and some are declining. Some ice is expanding while others are receeding.

The idea that humans have ruined this planet is nonsensical. But if it were true, the idea that humans can save it are equally dumb.

But rest assured, there will always be a market for the doomsayers bc they will never have to answer for their being wrong. Al Gore is still paid to come tell us how were all gonna die despite his being wrong from day one.

I may be less skeptical if the solution wasnt give the government unlimited power... but here we are. The alarmists dont lead by example. They don't embrace nuclear. They dont address India or China. They arent serious people. They just want power.

And these kids are being traumatized as these "leaders" are on television every night telling them the world will soon be over. We not have am anti-population movement. Its insanity
    So, your position is that human activity has not led to increased temperatures, and that “some sea levels are rising and some are declining” (strictly true but largely irrelevant, considering the stakes) and that scientists have been wrong for 100 years. Fair?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    One question I’m tempted to ask based on your response is if you even understand what the 2030 “deadline” is about. But I think there’s more pertinent stuff to get at first. So, just so we’re clear and on the record: do you believe that anthropogenic climate change is responsible for sea level rise?

It’s a yes or no question. Should be pretty simple.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    One question I’m tempted to ask based on your response is if you even understand what the 2030 “deadline” is about. But I think there’s more pertinent stuff to get at first. So, just so we’re clear and on the record: do you believe that anthropogenic climate change is responsible for sea level rise?

It’s a yes or no question. Should be pretty simple.
    Oh man... I love when I ask simple yes or no questions and people dont respond....

But to answer your question (bc I try to always do that, unlike my pals on this board) is that I'm confident that it is a part of it.