User Tag List

Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: 2019 MLB Draft Thread:

  1. #1
    Waiting for Free Agency
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Orlando,FL
    Posts
    3,638
    Thanks
    540
    Thanked 1,060 Times in 594 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    2019 MLB Draft Thread:

    I thought there was one of these already, but I can't find it....if there is, please shut it down or merge.

    We have the number 9 overall pick and possibly the 21st. I'd like to see us go after a bat.

    Orioles (47-115)
    Royals (58-104)
    White Sox (62-100)
    Marlins (63-98)
    Tigers (64-98)
    Padres (66-96)
    Reds (67-95)
    Rangers (67-95)
    Braves (compensation for not signing Carter Stewart with the No. 8 pick in 2018)
    Giants (73-89)
    Blue Jays (73-89)
    Mets (77-85)
    Twins (78-84)
    Phillies (80-82)
    Angels (80-82)
    D-backs (82-80)
    Nationals (82-80)
    Pirates (82-79)
    Cardinals (88-74)
    Mariners (89-73)
    Braves (90-72)
    Rays (90-72)
    Rockies (91-72)
    Indians (91-71)
    Dodgers (92-71)
    D-backs (compensation for not signing Matt McLain with the No. 25 pick in 2018)
    Cubs (95-68)
    Brewers (96-67)
    Athletics (97-65)
    Yankees (100-62)
    Dodgers (compensation for not signing J.T. Ginn with the No. 30 pick in 2018)
    Astros (103-59)
    Red Sox (108-54)
    Supplemental 1st Round

    34. Marlins
    35. Rays
    36. Reds
    37. Pirates (Compensation for not signing Gunnar Hoglund with the No. 36 pick in 2018)
    38. Athletics
    39. Brewers
    40. Twins

    Supplemental 2nd Round

    71. Royals
    72. Orioles
    73. Pirates
    74. Padres
    75. Diamondbacks
    76. Rockies
    77. Indians
    78. Cardinals
    Mark Bowman's reports carry a lot of gravity

  2. #2
    Arbitration Eligible
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    3,295
    Thanks
    177
    Thanked 1,632 Times in 904 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

  3. #3
    Director of Minor League Reports rico43's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    5,913
    Thanks
    816
    Thanked 5,184 Times in 2,207 Posts
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dodgers forfeit 2nd round pick for Pollock signing.

    Braves second round pick is No. 60 overall, and third round moves up one to No. 98. Kinda like four picks in the top 100.
    Last edited by rico43; 01-27-2019 at 08:43 PM.

  4. #4
    Arbitration Eligible
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    2,924
    Thanks
    55
    Thanked 962 Times in 645 Posts
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rico43 View Post
    Dodgers forfeit 2nd round pick for Pollock signing.

    Braves second round pick is No. 60 overall, and third round moves up one to No. 98. Kinda like four picks in the top 100.
    Good chance to replenish the farm system if we take a similar approach as the 2016 draft. It'll be interesting to see if we go for a depth approach or if we go with a BPA approach regardless of the price to sign. It'd be nice if we could pull off another draft where we got an Anderson, Muller, Wentz, Wilson return, but it'd also be nice to get a high upside bat even if it was a little expensive.

  5. #5
    Mr. Free Trade
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    2,871
    Thanks
    444
    Thanked 741 Times in 466 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rico43 View Post
    Dodgers forfeit 2nd round pick for Pollock signing.

    Braves second round pick is No. 60 overall, and third round moves up one to No. 98. Kinda like four picks in the top 100.
    I was thinking 3rd round was forfeit due to international sanctions

  6. #6
    Director of Minor League Reports rico43's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    5,913
    Thanks
    816
    Thanked 5,184 Times in 2,207 Posts
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That was 2018.

  7. #7
    It's OVER 5,000! Tapate50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    10,572
    Thanks
    4,897
    Thanked 2,901 Times in 1,812 Posts
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Anyone got eyes on some college risers this spring? Anyone that could push into our range at a position of need ala Senzel?
    "No thanks, I'd rather sit in the balcony" - Abe Lincoln

  8. #8
    Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

    Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Individual-1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    School of Hard Cox
    Posts
    18,893
    Thanks
    7,172
    Thanked 7,348 Times in 4,221 Posts
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapate50 View Post
    Anyone got eyes on some college risers this spring? Anyone that could push into our range at a position of need ala Senzel?
    Probably should ask zeets.
    Forever Fredi


  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Individual-1 For This Useful Post:

    jpx7 (02-04-2019),Tapate50 (02-04-2019)

  10. #9
    It's OVER 5,000! Tapate50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    10,572
    Thanks
    4,897
    Thanked 2,901 Times in 1,812 Posts
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Individual-1 View Post
    Probably should ask zeets.
    #DARKWEB

    That's a different draft than I was referencing though
    "No thanks, I'd rather sit in the balcony" - Abe Lincoln

  11. #10
    Arbitration Eligible
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    2,924
    Thanks
    55
    Thanked 962 Times in 645 Posts
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsehide Harry View Post
    I was thinking 3rd round was forfeit due to international sanctions
    For the 1000th time: Matt. Wallner.

  12. #11
    Hessmania Forever
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    10,549
    Thanks
    3,407
    Thanked 5,435 Times in 3,340 Posts
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsehide Harry View Post
    I was thinking 3rd round was forfeit due to international sanctions
    Wasn't the pick forfeiture truck-related?

  13. #12
    Hessmania Forever
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    10,549
    Thanks
    3,407
    Thanked 5,435 Times in 3,340 Posts
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BeanieAntics View Post
    For the 1000th time: Matt. Wallner.
    I didn't realize he grew up in Minnesota.

  14. #13
    Arbitration Eligible Hudson2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    3,458
    Thanks
    654
    Thanked 604 Times in 436 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope there is a legit middle infielder there at 9 bc we are super thin there in the minors. I love Wright but I was hoping that Royce Lewis would have fallen to 5.

  15. #14
    Waiting for Free Agency
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Orlando,FL
    Posts
    3,638
    Thanks
    540
    Thanked 1,060 Times in 594 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hudson2 View Post
    I hope there is a legit middle infielder there at 9 bc we are super thin there in the minors. I love Wright but I was hoping that Royce Lewis would have fallen to 5.
    Agreed, we need position prospects in the organization. I just feel like we will draft another pitcher
    Mark Bowman's reports carry a lot of gravity

  16. #15
    Steve Harvey'd
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    12,073
    Thanks
    1,383
    Thanked 3,464 Times in 2,076 Posts
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesfanforlife88 View Post
    Agreed, we need position prospects in the organization. I just feel like we will draft another pitcher
    I am ok with another pitcher if he is best available. I just want a FO with the balls enough to flip these pitchers into hitters when the time comes. Stop worrying that every prospect will become the next wainwright.
    Coppy

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to bravesfanMatt For This Useful Post:

    clvclv (02-05-2019)

  18. #16
    Arbitration Eligible Hudson2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    3,458
    Thanks
    654
    Thanked 604 Times in 436 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesfanMatt View Post
    I am ok with another pitcher if he is best available. I just want a FO with the balls enough to flip these pitchers into hitters when the time comes. Stop worrying that every prospect will become the next wainwright.
    Agreed.

  19. #17
    Hessmania Forever
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    10,549
    Thanks
    3,407
    Thanked 5,435 Times in 3,340 Posts
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For those curious about Carter Stewart's progress, he's 0-0 with a 4.50 ERA in 10 IP with Eastern Florida State College. 12 Ks/1 BB/1.00 WHIP in those 10 IP.

    Follow his progress here: http://njcaa.org/sports/bsb/2018-19/...ge?view=lineup

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to 50PoundHead For This Useful Post:

    jpx7 (02-05-2019)

  21. #18
    Steve Harvey'd
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    12,073
    Thanks
    1,383
    Thanked 3,464 Times in 2,076 Posts
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 50PoundHead View Post
    For those curious about Carter Stewart's progress, he's 0-0 with a 4.50 ERA in 10 IP with Eastern Florida State College. 12 Ks/1 BB/1.00 WHIP in those 10 IP.

    Follow his progress here: http://njcaa.org/sports/bsb/2018-19/...ge?view=lineup
    Let’s snag him in the sixth round.
    Coppy

  22. #19
    Steve Harvey'd
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    12,073
    Thanks
    1,383
    Thanked 3,464 Times in 2,076 Posts
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But seriously. How any pitcher could turn down multiple millions is beyond me. Maybe it works out. But with injury and potentially a bad season and he could be looking at starting his professional career sub 1 million signing bonus.
    Coppy

  23. #20
    Hessmania Forever
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    10,549
    Thanks
    3,407
    Thanked 5,435 Times in 3,340 Posts
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesfanMatt View Post
    But seriously. How any pitcher could turn down multiple millions is beyond me. Maybe it works out. But with injury and potentially a bad season and he could be looking at starting his professional career sub 1 million signing bonus.
    Case in point was Matt Harrington. It's always a roll of the die.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •