Thread: "People of Faith"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts

"People of Faith"

Sarah Sanders says Trump has been good to "people of faith". I think we all need to stop and think about this. If this is true, then these people are a major threat to any decent, modern society. Trump's policies are not conducive to a healthy, multi-cultural and multi-ethnic reality, and if faith-based communities can't deal with the reality of the world, then they are the ones that must change.

It's an irony that people who claim to have FAITH, are really the most insecure and fearful among us. They are so insecure about their place in the world that they need a psychological teddy bear to hold onto. Atheists actually have more faith because they are don't need to create fantasy worlds to make themselves feel better. They are satisfied that there is some mystery to life and don't need to fill in all the gaps with feel good fiction.

Sarah Sanders and people like her wear the "people of faith" moniker like a badge of honor. Others need to start pointing out to them that they are actually the ones with the least faith.
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Runnin For This Useful Post:

50PoundHead (01-31-2019)

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,941 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post
    Sarah Sanders says Trump has been good to "people of faith". I think we all need to stop and think about this. If this is true, then these people are a major threat to any decent, modern society. Trump's policies are not conducive to a healthy, multi-cultural and multi-ethnic reality, and if faith-based communities can't deal with the reality of the world, then they are the ones that must change.

It's an irony that people who claim to have FAITH, are really the most insecure and fearful among us. They are so insecure about their place in the world that they need a psychological teddy bear to hold onto. Atheists actually have more faith because they are don't need to create fantasy worlds to make themselves feel better. They are satisfied that there is some mystery to life and don't need to fill in all the gaps with feel good fiction.

Sarah Sanders and people like her wear the "people of faith" moniker like a badge of honor. Others need to start pointing out to them that they are actually the ones with the least faith.
    Insightful post. Although politically left-of-center, I have been a regular church attendee and regularly read the Bible and books interpreting various chapters of the Bible and other religious works. Heck, I even minored in theology at a Lutheran College in the 1970s. With this background, I believe I have developed a pretty solid and gracious sense of faith. I agree with you that the "people of faith" label is now used to describe a subsection of churchgoers with a more conservative political bent (and Trump has been good to them). I'm not going to question their faith, but, like you, I see many of their actions as examples of attempting to totally control a world that cannot be controlled and that, to me at least, hints at a lack of faith.

I give absolutely no credence to anything that comes out of Sarah Sanders' mouth (nor that of her snowflake father), but it does rankle me, as a person with a spiritual base and fairly strong sense of faith, that the term "faith" has been kidnapped and weaponized.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to 50PoundHead For This Useful Post:

Runnin (01-31-2019)

Got the Call to Lynchburg
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post
    Trump's policies are not conducive to a healthy, multi-cultural and multi-ethnic reality
    Which policies specifically? The ones that attempt to deter ILLEGAL entry into the nation, but fully welcome LEGAL entry?

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Well, to be fair, they’ve proposed measures to limit legal immigration, ended Temporary Protected Status for some, opposed refugees and made it harder to seek asylum. Other than that...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,709 Posts
    I think far more people are atheist than will admit it. If you dont go to church your just an atheist in denial.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    I think far more people are atheist than will admit it. If you dont go to church your just an atheist in denial.
    This is wrong

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,941 Posts
    Nah. I would say that I get the impression that a segment of the devout have a bigger problem with holding onto their faith than they do with following strictures (not Scriptures).

10. The Following User Says Thank You to 50PoundHead For This Useful Post:

Runnin (02-01-2019)

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    This is wrong
    Agreed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post
    Agreed.
    One of the reasons I decided to not go to Temple anymore was when the Rabbai was haggling with my father about the cost of my Bar Mitzvah. We didn't have any money and we had to go to temple that we never stepped foot in to make it happen.

I knew then that organized religion was nothing more than a ponzi scheme. But, I absolutely believe in God although I have many reasons to question what type of God would do the things that He did to me.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrShwag View Post
    Which policies specifically? The ones that attempt to deter ILLEGAL entry into the nation, but fully welcome LEGAL entry?
    I remember the story of Jesus in the Bible where he said

"Remember to build a wall to keep out people from your territory"

Jesus certainly wasn't a communist. Nope no he wasn't.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Belief and faith can be slippery things to gauge, even in oneself. Atheists may pray to God for comfort and strength and deathbed conversions are common. I think there are a lot of people on both sides of the fence kidding themselves.
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,709 Posts
    Yeah, when atheists arent in their right mind like when they are dying they might say stupid ****. Someone like Thethe is just making the religion/faith into what is convenient for him and the lifestyle he wants to lead. He might not consider himself an atheist but the process is in motion. I am gonna take a wild guess and say his parents were religious as in going to church, he stops going at some point in his life because of whatever reason, next generation will be full blown atheist.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.