Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Marijuana - The Home Stretch

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/tomange...activists/amp/

Chairman of House Judiciary committee Jerry Nadler reached out to NORML for help lobbying Congress to pass his legalization bill.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts
    https://www.federalregister.gov/docu...s-of-marihuana

The DEA is finally ending their stonewalling of applicants to grow marijuana for research purposes. They were mandated by law to expand the growing of marijuana for research so they said that's fine, people just have to apply to the DoJ for a license to grow..... all they needed was Jeff Sessions approval......... not that the OG AG changed anything, this is happening because they were sued and rather back down than lose in court.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    The researcher quoted didn't say the claim was false only that more studies need to be performed. I have enough experience with weed (Everyday smoker for about 10 years) to know that the underlying claims are true. Its only a matter of time before science conclusively proves it.
    Natural Immunity Croc

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    hahahahaha
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    The researcher quoted didn't say the claim was false only that more studies need to be performed. I have enough experience with weed (Everyday smoker for about 10 years) to know that the underlying claims are true. Its only a matter of time before science conclusively proves it.
    yeah

any day now

lol
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Waiting for Free Agency acesfull86's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    908 Posts
    I don’t think it’s controversial to suggest smoking weed isn’t a great idea if you’re a pregnant mother. Just not sure how that has anything to do with whether weed should be legal.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    yeah, not doing things when pregnant is far from a revealing statement

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts
    https://www.wgal.com/article/gov-tom...uana/29232291#

PA governor comes out in support of recreational marijuana after a state tour.

It’s over."

11. The Following User Says Thank You to cajunrevenge For This Useful Post:

57Brave (09-26-2019)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts
    https://www.marijuanamoment.net/cdc-...-vaping-deaths

Here is a good example of the self fulfilling prophecy of prohibition. A congressman is blaming marijuana vape deaths on legalization. The CDC points out that the deaths are all from illegal sales where people put other stuff in there to help their bottom line. So the solution is more legalization so people will be buying products that are regulated for safety. They have been using this circular logic blaming marijuana for the bad results of prohibition for almost 100 years now.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,040 Posts
    My thoughts on this are that if you want to use a substance like this and take the risk of whatever health effects it might cause, go right ahead. It's your body, you can do what you wish with it.

This doesn't apply to all drugs. There are plenty of drugs out there that will leave the user willing to commit any sort of crime just to get their next fix. So those drugs do present an unacceptable risk to society as a whole. Marijuana, not so much.

That being said, there are way too many unknowns and too many studies indicating negative side effects for me to want to try it. But that's my choice. I'm not going to tell others what they can and can't do so long as it doesn't affect others.

Ultimately, I say treat marijuana as similar to alcohol. Don't sell it to minors, don't use it and drive, and don't be surprised if you get fired if you show up to work under its influence. You want to use it at home or other private place that allows it? Knock yourself out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts
    The risks associated with driving are overrated. It gets lumped in with alcohol but it has the opposite effect. According to the NHTSAs own study alcohol causes increased speeds and inability to stat in their lane. Marijuana caused people to drive unde the speed limit and to follow the car in front of them for longer. A bad driver sober is a bad driver stoned. It does impair you in the same way talking on your phone while driving impairs you.

Another issue brought up in that study is that with alcohol you do not reach peak impairment until right after drinking like you do with marijuana. So odds are if you ar sto stoned to drive you will also be too stoned to get to your car.

It’s over."

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by striker42 View Post
    My thoughts on this are that if you want to use a substance like this and take the risk of whatever health effects it might cause, go right ahead. It's your body, you can do what you wish with it.

This doesn't apply to all drugs. There are plenty of drugs out there that will leave the user willing to commit any sort of crime just to get their next fix. So those drugs do present an unacceptable risk to society as a whole. Marijuana, not so much.

That being said, there are way too many unknowns and too many studies indicating negative side effects for me to want to try it. But that's my choice. I'm not going to tell others what they can and can't do so long as it doesn't affect others.

Ultimately, I say treat marijuana as similar to alcohol. Don't sell it to minors, don't use it and drive, and don't be surprised if you get fired if you show up to work under its influence. You want to use it at home or other private place that allows it? Knock yourself out.
    There’s plenty of studies that show people with mental problems shouldn’t take marijuana. It makes it worse. And what percentage of people suffer from some sort of mental illness nowadays? There’s living proof of that in this thread.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts
    Nani? That's news to me. I will get back to you on that. I dont doubt there are those studies. The DEA has been in charge of who gets to do the studies for a long time and they have made sure only the most biased groups got to do the studies. There is just as much evidence in studies that it can help mental illnesses. Specifically PTSD.
    Last edited by cajunrevenge; 10-17-2019 at 08:38 AM.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,040 Posts
    The risks associated with driving are overrated. It gets lumped in with alcohol but it has the opposite effect. According to the NHTSAs own study alcohol causes increased speeds and inability to stat in their lane. Marijuana caused people to drive unde the speed limit and to follow the car in front of them for longer. A bad driver sober is a bad driver stoned. It does impair you in the same way talking on your phone while driving impairs you.

Another issue brought up in that study is that with alcohol you do not reach peak impairment until right after drinking like you do with marijuana. So odds are if you ar sto stoned to drive you will also be too stoned to get to your car.
    I'll agree that driving drunk is much more dangerous. However, I'm generally against people driving when impaired by any substance. While the impairment might be similar to talking on your phone, you can put down your phone at a moment's notice. You can't become dead sober in a moment.

Being stoned does impair driving. The evidence that a sober driver is better than a high one is pretty strong. So it being illegal to drive while stoned makes sense. Your use of the drug is encroaching on the rights of others. Should it be punished as severely as drunk driving? That's a different question. One that should probably be statistics driven.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts
    That's fair. This is the type of thing that should be studied by objective people. One thing I think is overstated is the amount of people that would be driving stoned if it was legalized. You can't go to work without being around a stoned driver now if you get on a major highway. There might actually be a reduction in motor accidents with legalization because some people will choose marijuana instead of alcohol.

I also want to note that jury nullification is a common occurrence in Colorado because people think the enforcement is a joke. The bar was set to a ridiculously low standard.

It’s over."

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,975 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post
    There’s plenty of studies that show people with mental problems shouldn’t take marijuana. It makes it worse. And what percentage of people suffer from some sort of mental illness nowadays? There’s living proof of that in this thread.
    There's plenty of studies that show this exact statement is false. Marijuana in particular has been shown to have very positive affects for treatment of PTSD.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts
    The really sad thing to me is that medical marijuana is such a good medicine for PTSD that it could save so many lives of cops and veterans. That's what disgusts me the most about cops. They choose funding and power over saving lives of their very own. Then I am supposed to have sympathy for their dead. What if I told you medical marijuana could cut officer suicides in half.

It’s over."

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,975 Posts
    The really sad thing to me is that medical marijuana is such a good medicine for PTSD that it could save so many lives of cops and veterans. That's what disgusts me the most about cops. They choose funding and power over saving lives of their very own. Then I am supposed to have sympathy for their dead. What if I told you medical marijuana could cut officer suicides in half.
    Not to mention the reduced risk of officer harm that comes from decriminalizing it. How many times a day do officers put their lives at risk over something as minuscule as simple possession?