Thread: Wearing a MAGA Hat

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,746 Posts
    I don't think anyone here disagrees Smollett deserves maximum accountability.

As I said on page 1 of this thread, I never commented on Covington or Smollett because it seemed like a social media driven push. Neither story interested me that much.

I still agree with nsacpi that the symbolism the MAGA hat portrays is embarrassing and decades from now will be looked at as an even bigger embarrassment for this country.
    Forever Fredi

2. The Following User Says Thank You to The Chosen One For This Useful Post:

goldfly (02-18-2019)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Individual-1 View Post
    I don't think anyone here disagrees Smollett deserves maximum accountability.

As I said on page 1 of this thread, I never commented on Covington or Smollett because it seemed like a social media driven push. Neither story interested me that much.

I still agree with nsacpi that the symbolism the MAGA hat portrays is embarrassing and decades from now will be looked at as an even bigger embarrassment for this country.
    Thats only because youve fallen victim to the propoganda machine.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,746 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Nope. I just go based on the reactions and emotions Trump gets at his rallies when he says stuff alluding to MAGA. The people who proudly wear that hat don't understand American History that isn't US saves the Day against Hitler.

If I were enraged by the propaganda machine I would have been posting about Smollett and the Covington thing when it happened. It was everywhere.
    Forever Fredi

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    It’s hard to argue the propaganda machine is creating these impressions when every time more than two white supremacists, neo-Nazis, or “western chauvinists” get together in public, MAGA hats are part of the costume.

It doesn’t mean that anyone wearing the hat subscribes to those views, but it should present a reasonable question or two. Why is this symbol so popular with that crowd? And is it reasonable for people to feel hinky about the symbol because it is so popular with that crowd?

I don’t think Trump has created this, but I do think he’s set a tone that’s enabled it. I also agree that violent and dehumanizing rhetoric is not a constructive response.

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,941 Posts
    1 - The left has aggressively pushed their 1984 style by making it so economically punishing to express conservative beliefs that it is effectively silencing the opposition. Are you comfortable with where this is headed? This is led by MSM who mock anything that doesnt fall in lone with the orthodoxy and painting almost all disagreement as far right nazism.

2 - Smollet should be thrown in jail. The costs cannot be summarized in just dollars. What about the feelings of those oppressed groups that already feel disillusioned with where they stand? How did this make them feel? How much more did this distance them fromanyone not on the left of all issues? How unlikely did this make a mending of any differences? This is the purpose of the lefts endless embrace of identity politics. They have no political/economic solutions so they make sure people hate each other.

3 - I understand your point however my personal feeling is that transgenders is a glorified condition because of how the progressive left escalates its true impact. We now teach children about this ****? Why? This is not normal behavior and shouldnot be encoraged in any fashion. This is the culture war the right is fighting because it is afront to how things used to be. I dont see the stretch to where jews were lined up into gas chambers. We just shouldnt be teaching children this is normal because it isnt
    (1) I have personally lived through more trying times during the Vietnam War than what is being experienced now. Trump should watch some of the old SNLs from when Nixon and Ford were President and The National Lampoon was in business. The main difference is that everyone is a snowflake now on both the left and right. I personally know people who participated in the anti-war movement and got their skulls cracked by cops in the early 1970s. As fraught with angst as this period is, it is nothing--and I mean nothing--like it was then.

(2) I'm fine with whatever they decide to do with Smollett.

(3) If you knew any transgender people, you'd probably know that most of them just want to be left alone to live their lives and enjoy the rights of any American.

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    Almost all racial tensions are due to the left never shutting the hell up about it. Ita often white liberals trying to dictate to minorities how they should feel.
    This is my favorite take from this thread.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,757 Posts
    - People who beat the living **** out of people for non-violent political views = makes sense... totally normal

- People who express non-violent political views by wearing a hat = massive threats to country. racist assholes. needs the **** beaten out of them from the tolerant people

(minds lost)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    3 - I understand your point however my personal feeling is that transgenders is a glorified condition because of how the progressive left escalates its true impact. We now teach children about this ****? Why? This is not normal behavior and shouldnot be encoraged in any fashion. This is the culture war the right is fighting because it is afront to how things used to be. I dont see the stretch to where jews were lined up into gas chambers. We just shouldnt be teaching children this is normal because it isnt
    Second favorite take from this thread.

thethe's feelings should dictate what kids should be taught.

I don't think anyone is teaching children this is "normal" in the way you are using the word. They're teaching kids that accepting people is fine even if they don't identify with the gender they are biologically born to. Is that wrong? Teaching tolerance?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    Second favorite take from this thread.

thethe's feelings should dictate what kids should be taught.

I don't think anyone is teaching children this is "normal" in the way you are using the word. They're teaching kids that accepting people is fine even if they don't identify with the gender they are biologically born to. Is that wrong? Teaching tolerance?
    Dont need to teach anything about it. Let children make up their own minds on whats right and wrong. But despite what you say or think trans people are not notmal but when you try to ibtroduve it to vhchildren the intention is to normalize it.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    - People who beat the living **** out of people for non-violent political views = makes sense... totally normal

- People who express non-violent political views by wearing a hat = massive threats to country. racist assholes. needs the **** beaten out of them from the tolerant people

(minds lost)
    Dont you dare be peaceful and quietly express your thoughts are else we will **** your **** up and tell you how evil your thoughts are.

Cant make this **** up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    Dont need to teach anything about it. Let children make up their own minds on whats right and wrong. But despite what you say or think trans people are not notmal but when you try to ibtroduve it to vhchildren the intention is to normalize it.
    Tolerance should be normalized. I personally think anything involving religion is not normal, but I don't go around preaching it. Conversely republicans want to legislate what people use what restrooms. Nothing like the government getting involved in the private lives and businesses in America.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Tolerance should be normalized. I personally think anything involving religion is not normal, but I don't go around preaching it. Conversely republicans want to legislate what people use what restrooms. Nothing like the government getting involved in the private lives and businesses in America.
    Novody is legislating bathrooms. The demand is that you only go into your sex bathroom. The one science says.

Children shouldnnot be sexualized at a young age. We have childrens books speaking about trans now. Its a disgrace.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,757 Posts
    The idea that a leftist lectures anyone about tolerance is hilarious

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    Novody is legislating bathrooms. The demand is that you only go into your sex bathroom. The one science says.

Children shouldnnot be sexualized at a young age. We have childrens books speaking about trans now. Its a disgrace.
    Why is it a disgrace?

For the person who doesn't want children sexualized you elected a man who was part of the Miss Teen USA pageant.

Anyway back to your point, how are they not? You don't think that a transperson has rights to some decency? As does the business owner have rights to decide who goes into what restroom.

Anyway, you're the one harping on science I'll leave this here

https://www.apa.org/topics/lgbt/intersex.pdf

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    The idea that a leftist lectures anyone about tolerance is hilarious
    sturg I figured you'd be on my side here, thethe is the one wanting to tell private businesses what to do via legislation vis-a-vis his personal beliefs.

But then I remember, you're only for personal liberties when it comes to taxes. YOu don't actually really care about people's rights when they don't conform to your personal beliefs.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to zitothebrave For This Useful Post:

goldfly (02-18-2019)

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mqt View Post
    You don’t think people oppose Trump largely because of who he is, do you? It’s what Trump says and does that most of his detractors take issue with. Given that the RNC has embraced his positions, I fail to see how this isn’t a matter of what one stands for.
    What someone ‘says or does’ comprises who they are.

What someone believes or espouses comprises an ideology.

Now that we’ve gotten definitions out of the way, to thethe’s point, can we begin to talk about which of Trump’s ‘positions’ you disagree with, and how they markedly differ from the conservative agenda that the RNC has been pushing for the past two decades?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Now that we’ve gotten definitions out of the way, to thethe’s point, can we begin to talk about which of Trump’s ‘positions’ you disagree with, and how they markedly differ from the conservative agenda that the RNC has been pushing for the past two decades?
    They aren't he just does it with a much grander level of buffoonery than anyone in the past. It's also worth noting that Trump "drained the swamp" by bringing in a bunch of Bush era reps along with him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,757 Posts

But then I remember, you're only for personal liberties when it comes to taxes. YOu don't actually really care about people's rights when they don't conform to your personal beliefs.
    I don't know what you are talking about.

What personal liberty to you think I want the government to revoke from a transgender person?

That doesn't change the fact that I adhere to the biological agreed upon definition of sex, where a person with a xy chromosomes is a biological man, and xx chromosomes is a biological woman. And pretending otherwise is a fantasy if not a complete mental illness that should be treated rather than celebrated.

I know that is radical but hey, science is science.

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    They aren't he just does it with a much grander level of buffoonery than anyone in the past. It's also worth noting that Trump "drained the swamp" by bringing in a bunch of Bush era reps along with him.
    [MENTION=1810]mqt[/MENTION] Case in point.