User Tag List

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 128

Thread: Shooting at Mosque in Christchurch...

  1. #41
    I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    16,668
    Thanks
    984
    Thanked 4,517 Times in 2,909 Posts
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If we are to believe the killers desire to cause division in the US, he of course is doing a great job


  2. #42
    Shift Leader thethe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    31,804
    Thanks
    3,643
    Thanked 3,612 Times in 2,640 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The left has put white people in a position where you either have endless white guilt or you are a proponent of white supremacy.

    Its a toxic environment.

  3. #43
    A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    14,088
    Thanks
    6,299
    Thanked 9,404 Times in 4,913 Posts
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yeah, it’s pointing out plenty of divisions...most notably between people who wink at and make excuses for the cultural forces that radicalize people like this, and people who see an unbroken line between Charlottesville and Pittsburgh and Quebec City and Charleston and Christchurch, and connect it to voices that have been regrettably mainstreamed.

    Seriously, if you’re willing to say, as I’m certain you are, that this was an unspeakably horrific act, why is it that you’re so eager to ascribe “creating division” as a motive, rather than the obvious first-order motive. Any overtly political or ideological act, violent or not, “creates division.” Something like this kinda demands a greater reckoning. Consistent in the response to this is an unwillingness to participate in that reckoning.

    I’m reminded of the old coal-miners’ union anthem “Which Side Are You On?” If you’re “well, actually”-ing this, I’d respectfully submit that you’re picking the wrong side.

  4. #44
    A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    14,088
    Thanks
    6,299
    Thanked 9,404 Times in 4,913 Posts
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    The left has put white people in a position where you either have endless white guilt or you are a proponent of white supremacy.

    Its a toxic environment.
    Yes, those are definitely the only choices available.

  5. #45
    A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    14,088
    Thanks
    6,299
    Thanked 9,404 Times in 4,913 Posts
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    For real, though. A guy commits a mass murder in the name of white supremacy, explicitly because of his concerns about the “genocide” by non-white immigration and assimilation into the west...again...and we’re talking about trolling and white guilt and pretty much everything but what’s actually responsible.

    Gotta say it’s lovely that prominently Islamophobic and virulently anti-immigrant media personalities are trying to direct attention at anywhere but where people get the ideas that lead to **** like this. Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

  6. #46
    It's OVER 5,000! Runnin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    7,479
    Thanks
    3,033
    Thanked 2,199 Times in 1,499 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    The left has put white people in a position where you either have endless white guilt or you are a proponent of white supremacy.

    Its a toxic environment.
    The left isn't calling people barbarians. That is you. Whether you accept it or not, you are a willing soldier in this guy's war.
    FF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

  7. #47
    I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    16,668
    Thanks
    984
    Thanked 4,517 Times in 2,909 Posts
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post
    The left isn't calling people barbarians.
    Just deplorables

  8. #48
    I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    16,668
    Thanks
    984
    Thanked 4,517 Times in 2,909 Posts
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post
    Yeah, it’s pointing out plenty of divisions...most notably between people who wink at and make excuses for the cultural forces that radicalize people like this, and people who see an unbroken line between Charlottesville and Pittsburgh and Quebec City and Charleston and Christchurch, and connect it to voices that have been regrettably mainstreamed.

    Seriously, if you’re willing to say, as I’m certain you are, that this was an unspeakably horrific act, why is it that you’re so eager to ascribe “creating division” as a motive, rather than the obvious first-order motive. Any overtly political or ideological act, violent or not, “creates division.” Something like this kinda demands a greater reckoning. Consistent in the response to this is an unwillingness to participate in that reckoning.

    I’m reminded of the old coal-miners’ union anthem “Which Side Are You On?” If you’re “well, actually”-ing this, I’d respectfully submit that you’re picking the wrong side.

    Why can't we be on the side of "this guy is a racist asshole who murdered a **** ton of people and is ****ing lunatic" ??

    Instead, we have to say "oh, it's the whites that are propagating this behavior" and we have to ambush Chelsea Clinton and blame her for having the audacity to call an anti-semite an anti-semite

    I think it's you who tries to draw lines... which coincidentally never get drawn when a congressional baseball field is shot up.

    But yeah, I'm comfortable saying the guy is helping the divide

  9. #49
    It's OVER 5,000! Runnin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    7,479
    Thanks
    3,033
    Thanked 2,199 Times in 1,499 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    Just deplorables
    Fair point. But there is a difference between deplorable (disgraceful behavior) and barbarian, (aka animalistic).
    FF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

  10. #50
    It's OVER 5,000! Runnin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    7,479
    Thanks
    3,033
    Thanked 2,199 Times in 1,499 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

  11. #51
    Shift Leader thethe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    31,804
    Thanks
    3,643
    Thanked 3,612 Times in 2,640 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Interesting we never get the outrage mob in full effect when Muslims slaughter Christians around the world in droves. Why is that? There certainly isnt a lack of instances to show you care.

  12. #52
    Shift Leader thethe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    31,804
    Thanks
    3,643
    Thanked 3,612 Times in 2,640 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post
    Fair point. But there is a difference between deplorable (disgraceful behavior) and barbarian, (aka animalistic).
    Yes, in your world of course there is a difference.

  13. #53
    Shift Leader thethe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    31,804
    Thanks
    3,643
    Thanked 3,612 Times in 2,640 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Glaude said, “I am thinking about all of Muslim parents in New Zealand who have to talk to their children. Who have to allay their fears about going to Jum’ah, Jum’ah prayers on Fridays. Who have to keep the hate from taking root in their souls as fear. Because we live in a world that’s really dominated in interesting sorts of ways by a politics of hatred and fear that’s exploited by people for their own political gains. What’s clear to me, and we see this in the United States, is the problem is not with immigrants. The problem is not the people of color. It is not us. It has something to do with the crisis of whiteness and how it is generating unimaginable carnage.”


    --------

    The crisis of whiteness? This is the **** that has infected the left and then the outrage becomes defended whiteness.

    Screw the mob mentality. Continue down this racist path.

  14. #54
    It's OVER 5,000! 57Brave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    12,818
    Thanks
    1,277
    Thanked 1,388 Times in 1,009 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    Just deplorables
    when being polite
    “Reject the logic that says someone else’s gain necessitates my loss, and that my gain must come at the cost of another person.”

  15. #55
    It's OVER 5,000! 57Brave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    12,818
    Thanks
    1,277
    Thanked 1,388 Times in 1,009 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Interesting we never get the outrage mob in full effect when Muslims slaughter Christians around the world in droves. Why is that? There certainly isnt a lack of instances to show you care.
    of course we do, we have been at global war with Muslim terrorism for almost 20 years
    “Reject the logic that says someone else’s gain necessitates my loss, and that my gain must come at the cost of another person.”

  16. #56
    Shift Leader thethe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    31,804
    Thanks
    3,643
    Thanked 3,612 Times in 2,640 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    of course we do, we have been at global war with Muslim terrorism for almost 20 years
    Do you think this actually addresses the point? How many Christians do you think were killed by Muslims last year?

  17. #57
    Expects Yuge Games nsacpi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    21,259
    Thanks
    1,519
    Thanked 7,498 Times in 4,671 Posts
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it's possible to be concerned about the radicalization and terrorist acts of both Islamists and white nationalists

    we have an interest in defeating both...and we can do this without demonizing entire religious or ethnic groups
    Last edited by nsacpi; 03-16-2019 at 08:00 AM.
    “It's a shame the White House has become an adult day care center. Someone obviously missed their shift this morning.” Senator Bob Corker

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to nsacpi For This Useful Post:

    57Brave (03-16-2019)

  19. #58
    NL Rookie of the Year
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    2,220
    Thanks
    129
    Thanked 881 Times in 521 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Interesting we never get the outrage mob in full effect when Muslims slaughter Christians around the world in droves. Why is that? There certainly isnt a lack of instances to show you care.
    We literally spend billions of dollars a year bombing people in order to combat this. What more do you want?

  20. #59
    NL Rookie of the Year
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    2,220
    Thanks
    129
    Thanked 881 Times in 521 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Do you think this actually addresses the point? How many Christians do you think were killed by Muslims last year?

    How does it not? The reason people keep talking about Islamophobia and White Supremacist killings is because not much is being done to address it. The world is aware of extremism in the Middle East and abroad, which is why we’re involved in so much global conflict. But the moment someone so much as shakes their fist at White people doing the same thing, there’s a visceral reaction from the right.

  21. #60
    Shift Leader thethe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    31,804
    Thanks
    3,643
    Thanked 3,612 Times in 2,640 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mqt View Post
    How does it not? The reason people keep talking about Islamophobia and White Supremacist killings is because not much is being done to address it. The world is aware of extremism in the Middle East and abroad, which is why we’re involved in so much global conflict. But the moment someone so much as shakes their fist at White people doing the same thing, there’s a visceral reaction from the right.
    Because its not the 'whiteness' that spurs it on and yet that is the 'disease'.

    However, with Islam its very easy to see what spurs on the radicalization.
    Warm feelings guy!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •