Page 18 of 146 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868118 ... LastLast

Thread: Around The Majors 2019

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CyYoung31 View Post
    So, trade Freeman and pick up Chris Davis. The dude has to be a troll.
    has something to do with the Astros model I believe
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,746 Posts
    The Astros would increase Davis' spinrate and get him to throw more curveballs.
    Forever Fredi

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Chosen One For This Useful Post:

Jaw (04-09-2019), jpx7 (04-09-2019)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,481 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    has something to do with the Astros model I believe
    I don’t remember the time the Astros traded their best player and then picked up a woeful player and his albatross of a contract on the verge of their contention window.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    I don’t remember the time the Astros traded their best player and then picked up a woeful player and his albatross of a contract on the verge of their contention window.
    the Astros model=to tank as no other team has tanked before

"I am your retribution."

6. The Following User Says Thank You to nsacpi For This Useful Post:

buck75 (04-09-2019)

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,353 Posts
    I don’t remember HH ever trading Ozzie or wanting Davis. I am confused. CLV mentioned Ozzie for Gordon back when dee was in Miami
    Coppy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,481 Posts
    the Astros model=to tank as no other team has tanked before
    But wasn’t this suggestion just a couple of years ago?

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,108 Posts
    So, trade Freeman and pick up Chris Davis. The dude has to be a troll.
    If we made three headed GM brain trust Harry, CrazyTrain and clvderp co-GMs the Braves would also have Dee Gordon instead of Albies, and 6 more years of MadBunm instead of Fried and Newk and 1-2 other prospects.

What a dream FO that would be!! Would certainly rival the JS, Hart, Coppy brain trust!

Very Flirtatious, but Doubts What Love Is. jpx7's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,830 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    If we made three headed GM brain trust Harry, CrazyTrain and clvderp co-GMs the Braves would also have Dee Gordon instead of Albies, and 6 more years of MadBunm instead of Fried and Newk and 1-2 other prospects.

What a dream FO that would be!! Would certainly rival the JS, Hart, Coppy brain trust!
    They probably wouldn’t have gone and got themselves banishèd though, so title still goes to the hubris of John Cerberus.
    "For all his tattooings he was on the whole a clean, comely looking cannibal."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post

I wouldn't lump Harry with those two. His ideas usually have a logic and internal consistency to them. He's had some good insights, for example on the market for Stanton last offseason.

"I am your retribution."

NL Rookie of the Year Acuña’s Bat Flip's Avatar
    Gaffney, South Carolina (Home of the Big Butt "Peach" on I-85)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    280 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesfanforlife88 View Post
    Gnats signed bud Norris we are officially FINNISH
    A sad day indeed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Acuña’s Bat Flip View Post
    A sad day indeed.
    the day the music died

"I am your retribution."

Mr. Free Trade
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    514 Posts
    This place has become as bad as the old scout board only with 3-4 Bill Shanks; and for every Shanks you've got a few puppies scurrying around their ankles trying to gain a crumb of praise. The only difference being that the old scout factions were on one side and this board on the other. Shanks was on the far end of the spectrum one way and wanted, no demanded, that there be no dissent from his obviously correct viewpoint. Should you offer a differing viewpoint, even as a test case against falling prey to an echo chamber, you were subjected to condescension and derision and shouted down. Now we have the anti-shanks board only with the condescension and derision originating from the opposite end of the spectrum, from a different echo chamber.

I came here, come here and will continue to come here as long as I'm not banned (I firmly believe that the owner has every right to do what they wish) for enjoyment, discussion, contemplation and admiration for a great game and for my favorite MLB team. If it's not any fun for me then I won't participate, not out of any passive-aggressive shout for attention, but simply because it no longer interests me. I'm not far from there now.

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,353 Posts
    Now that should have been the post for “it’s good being a southern” thread. **** was a solid post. I just wish there was one hint at trading FF. HH it just not the same otherwise. But otherwise you know I got ya back.
    Coppy

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,746 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsehide Harry View Post
    This place has become as bad as the old scout board only with 3-4 Bill Shanks; and for every Shanks you've got a few puppies scurrying around their ankles trying to gain a crumb of praise. The only difference being that the old scout factions were on one side and this board on the other. Shanks was on the far end of the spectrum one way and wanted, no demanded, that there be no dissent from his obviously correct viewpoint. Should you offer a differing viewpoint, even as a test case against falling prey to an echo chamber, you were subjected to condescension and derision and shouted down. Now we have the anti-shanks board only with the condescension and derision originating from the opposite end of the spectrum, from a different echo chamber.

I came here, come here and will continue to come here as long as I'm not banned (I firmly believe that the owner has every right to do what they wish) for enjoyment, discussion, contemplation and admiration for a great game and for my favorite MLB team. If it's not any fun for me then I won't participate, not out of any passive-aggressive shout for attention, but simply because it no longer interests me. I'm not far from there now.
    I'm somewhat flattered you think I'm like Bill Shanks.

I've worked tirelessly to turn this place into the premium subscription braves place as the braves show was for many years.

I would hope you don't leave though. One because I need ti pay the bills. I enjoy reading everyone's posts here even though I find myself left of center on the analytics-traditionalist debate. I think you should embrace your unintentional forum persona just as the great clvclv has. You will always forever be the trade FF guy. Might as well have some fun with it?

I view this place as a poorly tuned dysfunctional family. But the ultimate utopia for Los Bravos. It's the drama of WWE but the quality of mid-90s WCW.
    Forever Fredi

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The Chosen One For This Useful Post:

Jaw (04-09-2019), jpx7 (04-09-2019), nsacpi (04-09-2019)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,830 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Individual-1 View Post
    It's the drama of WWE but the quality of mid-90s WCW.
    Which, if either, is the good thing?

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,746 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jpx7 View Post
    Which, if either, is the good thing?
    Mid 90's WCW > All Wrestling.
    Forever Fredi

20. The Following User Says Thank You to The Chosen One For This Useful Post:

Jaw (04-09-2019)

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,353 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Individual-1 View Post
    Mid 90's WCW > All Wrestling.
    80’s WWF > chopcountry.
    Coppy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts

you cant leave...there is no one else around here who can pick up on my erudite references to Gauguin's syphilis

"I am your retribution."

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts

waaahhhhh
    "Well, you’ll learn soon enough that this was a massive red wave landslide." - thethe on the 2020 election that trump lost bigly

“I can’t fix my life, but I can fix the world.” - sturg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,830 Posts
    you cant leave...there is no one else around here who can pick up on my erudite references to Gauguin's syphilis
    And they say 2019 will be the summer of breadfruit.