User Tag List

Page 40 of 44 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast
Results 781 to 800 of 870

Thread: Around The Majors 2019

  1. #781
    Arbitration Eligible
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Orlando,FL
    Posts
    3,348
    Thanks
    480
    Thanked 960 Times in 540 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    I'm guessing we'll soon be seeing Biddle up and Wright down
    Followed shortly by a statement from the front office saying how 2020 or 2021 was always our target window
    Mark Bowman's reports carry a lot of gravity

  2. #782
    "What is a clvclv"
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Nebo, NC
    Posts
    6,335
    Thanks
    3,670
    Thanked 1,697 Times in 1,131 Posts
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    I'm guessing we'll soon be seeing Biddle up and Wright down
    Not sure it would be the worst thing to tell Wright that he needs to cut down his walks when he goes back down if he wants to be considered as a rotation option again in 2019. If he's going to keep accruing service-time as a RP, get him comfortable in that role so you can use him in that role for the rest of the season.
    Waters is intersting too. Would prefer a guy that projects to more power though.

    If they don't make additions they can expect the same 3-5 win improvement they saw last year. That makes the Braves a 75-78 win team.

    The FO that needlessly promoted him early knew what they were doing and are paid to do this. We aren't, so we can't know more than them. Correction....they used to be paid to do this...

  3. #783
    Anytime Now Frankie...
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    1,280
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 370 Times in 231 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

  4. #784
    It's OVER 5,000! UNCBlue012's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Greensboro, North Carolina
    Posts
    11,398
    Thanks
    3,192
    Thanked 1,338 Times in 966 Posts
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Red Sox are now 20-19 and up 9-4 on the Mariners. They didn’t suck very long.

  5. #785
    It's OVER 5,000! msstate7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    13,765
    Thanks
    132
    Thanked 2,810 Times in 1,792 Posts
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Oklahomabrave View Post
    What would will Smith and bumgarner cost and how much difference would they make?

  6. #786
    PosiBraves Hell Gatekeeper
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    15,770
    Thanks
    29
    Thanked 4,731 Times in 2,821 Posts
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    What would will Smith and bumgarner cost and how much difference would they make?
    MadBums .313 xwOBA suggests he is a solid 3/4 exactly as everyone figured he would be, but the name and fan love for him in SF is going to mean the return has to be notable.

    If you believe Folty is just rusty, the only guy he is better than in the current rotation is Julio, and upgrading from a 4/5 to a 3/4 probably isn’t going to be worth the price it will take to get SF to give him up.

    Unless there is an injury or Folty continues to implode, I’m not sure MadBum will be worth that price....certainly not worth Fried and Newk plus 1-2 more guys. Things change if he uses his leverage to force a trade to Atlanta, so there are obviously other factors in play.
    Last edited by Enscheff; 05-11-2019 at 02:15 PM.

  7. #787
    Anytime Now Frankie...
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    1,280
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 370 Times in 231 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    MadBums .313 xwOBA suggests he is a solid 3/4 exactly as everyone figured he would be, but the name and fan love for him in SF is going to mean the return has to be notable.

    If you believe Folty is just rusty, the only guy he is better than in the current rotation is Julio, and upgrading from a 4/5 to a 3/4 probably isn’t going to be worth the price it will take to get SF to give him up.

    Unless there is an injury or Folty continues to implode, I’m not sure MadBum will be worth that price....certainly not worth Fried and Newk plus 1-2 more guys. Things change if he uses his leverage to force a trade to Atlanta, so there are obviously other factors in play.
    Looking at xwOBA the one to surprise me was Matt Boyd. .289 last year .254 this year.

  8. #788
    Approaching Buddy Hernandez Territory SJ24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    1,087
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 251 Times in 170 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Josh Bell is having the best season of any 1B in the major leagues.

    He is hitting .319 with 10 home runs. His HR/FB has gone from 9.2% to 25%, while his hard hit % has gone from 33.8 to 49.1%.

    That is a massive leap in power.

  9. #789
    It's OVER 5,000!
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    5,141
    Thanks
    210
    Thanked 827 Times in 634 Posts
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I truly don't think that Bumgarner's name is going to make much of a difference in his return at this point.

    The Giants organizationally seem like they are resigned to their run being over and the market has kind of told us what it thinks of past-prime starters with name recognition. The Giants are no doubt hoping that some team gets desperate at the deadline, but a modest return seems more likely at this point.

  10. #790
    Arbitration Eligible
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    3,036
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 462 Times in 352 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Southcack77 View Post
    I truly don't think that Bumgarner's name is going to make much of a difference in his return at this point.

    The Giants organizationally seem like they are resigned to their run being over and the market has kind of told us what it thinks of past-prime starters with name recognition. The Giants are no doubt hoping that some team gets desperate at the deadline, but a modest return seems more likely at this point.
    I don't want Bumgarner. If we are giving up resources it needs to be a guy that moves the needle. I think it's possible that we have a lot of guys who could provide 4 level production.

    If the Giants actually want to win we should be doing a Duvall for relief pitchers deal with them. Their pen is ok and the OF is tragic. I'd even say that is a place you could send Ender but I don't know if they have anything I'd want in return for Ender.

  11. #791
    Steve Harvey'd
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    10,792
    Thanks
    1,156
    Thanked 3,049 Times in 1,838 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ2dollas View Post
    I don't want Bumgarner. If we are giving up resources it needs to be a guy that moves the needle. I think it's possible that we have a lot of guys who could provide 4 level production.

    If the Giants actually want to win we should be doing a Duvall for relief pitchers deal with them. Their pen is ok and the OF is tragic. I'd even say that is a place you could send Ender but I don't know if they have anything I'd want in return for Ender.
    Madison improves this team if he replaces JT. I haven’t seen his velo recently so not sure where he stands there. But if that comes back then he might be a hidden gem come playoff time. If it doesn’t then no harm. We shouldn’t give anything below our top 12 to get him. If we do then I don’t want him.
    Coppy

  12. #792
    Arbitration Eligible
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Orlando,FL
    Posts
    3,348
    Thanks
    480
    Thanked 960 Times in 540 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesfanMatt View Post
    Madison improves this team if he replaces JT. I haven’t seen his velo recently so not sure where he stands there. But if that comes back then he might be a hidden gem come playoff time. If it doesn’t then no harm. We shouldn’t give anything below our top 12 to get him. If we do then I don’t want him.
    A madBum move could upgrade the team

    Trade for mad bum and a pen piece, Inciarte included in the deal to the giants
    Move Teheran to the pen
    Riley up from AAA to put in LF, moving Acuña to CF
    Mark Bowman's reports carry a lot of gravity

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to bravesfanforlife88 For This Useful Post:

    Hudson2 (05-13-2019)

  14. #793
    Mr. Free Trade
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    2,821
    Thanks
    435
    Thanked 722 Times in 456 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesfanMatt View Post
    Madison improves this team if he replaces JT. I haven’t seen his velo recently so not sure where he stands there. But if that comes back then he might be a hidden gem come playoff time. If it doesn’t then no harm. We shouldn’t give anything below our top 12 to get him. If we do then I don’t want him.
    As we've seen the Braves really don't have any cash. If they did, it's possible that they could have mitigated the cost by taking back another, not bad contract, but at least unwanted contract from the Giants. The Giants have a ton of neutral to bad money on their books and need a rebuild/reload in the worst way. They have the payroll to reload if they want but have to move out some dead wood first.

  15. #794
    It's OVER 5,000!
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    5,141
    Thanks
    210
    Thanked 827 Times in 634 Posts
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsehide Harry View Post
    As we've seen the Braves really don't have any cash. If they did, it's possible that they could have mitigated the cost by taking back another, not bad contract, but at least unwanted contract from the Giants. The Giants have a ton of neutral to bad money on their books and need a rebuild/reload in the worst way. They have the payroll to reload if they want but have to move out some dead wood first.
    Indications are the Braves were in the bidding for Brantley, which suggests they probably have 10-15 million left.

  16. #795
    Anytime Now Frankie...
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    swamps of S. Ga
    Posts
    1,440
    Thanks
    152
    Thanked 232 Times in 137 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haven't seen this posted elsewhere. Corresponding move not named.

    David O'Brien

    Verified account

    @DOBrienATL
    7h7 hours ago
    More
    #Braves optioned RHP Kyle Wright to Triple-A Gwinnett following Sunday’s game.

  17. #796
    It's OVER 5,000! UNCBlue012's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Greensboro, North Carolina
    Posts
    11,398
    Thanks
    3,192
    Thanked 1,338 Times in 966 Posts
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Southcack77 View Post
    Indications are the Braves were in the bidding for Brantley, which suggests they probably have 10-15 million left.
    Yup. I’m not really a Bumgarner fan but this kind of move is likely what AA anticipates at the deadline

  18. #797
    Called Up to the Major Leagues Acuña’s Bat Flip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Gaffney, South Carolina (Home of the Big Butt "Peach" on I-85)
    Posts
    1,710
    Thanks
    176
    Thanked 177 Times in 128 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    4-2 Brew Crew over the Phillies in the fourth. Milwaukee has the bases loaded and no outs.
    Last edited by Acuña’s Bat Flip; 05-13-2019 at 08:48 PM.

  19. #798
    Sabermetric Slut
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Your Mom's Basement
    Posts
    14,989
    Thanks
    969
    Thanked 4,200 Times in 2,692 Posts
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Acuña’s Bat Flip View Post
    4-2 Brew Crew over the Phillies in the fourth. Milwaukee has the bases loaded and no outs.
    Did you see Leonard's game winner last night?

  20. #799
    Called Up to the Major Leagues Acuña’s Bat Flip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Gaffney, South Carolina (Home of the Big Butt "Peach" on I-85)
    Posts
    1,710
    Thanks
    176
    Thanked 177 Times in 128 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thewupk View Post
    Did you see Leonard's game winner last night?
    Yeah, it was like out of a movie how the basketball bounced around and finally fell in.

  21. #800
    Called Up to the Major Leagues Acuña’s Bat Flip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Gaffney, South Carolina (Home of the Big Butt "Peach" on I-85)
    Posts
    1,710
    Thanks
    176
    Thanked 177 Times in 128 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They are booing Bryce Harper again in Philly!
    A.k.a. Ozzie's Chainz

    Braves / Panthers / Hornets / Clemson / Duke Basketball

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •