Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
i would like to know what it would take for Greinke but that 70 million for 2 years after this year is scary imo for years 38 and 39
True, but they're not getting anybody to take him without eating a significant chunk of that money. Gausman's likely to make at least what Julio's making next season, and whether you attribute Gausman's season thus far to bad luck or not I'd personally prefer Greinke.

Is anybody honestly convinced that Folty's breakout 2018 isn't a bit of a mirage right now? He's back to walking people left and right, the fastball is still straight, and he's never given anyone much of a reason to think that he's capable of pitching with diminished stuff as he ages.

I'm not saying that Greinke needs to be Target 1 by any means, but if we're able to limit Soroka's innings so that he's "full-go" for the postseason, a playoff rotation of Greinke/Keuchel/Soroka could make some noise. If you sent Gausman their way and kept Folty and he figures things out, that's an awfully strong top 4 and you don't really need to worry about looking for a Keuchel "replacement" this winter.