Page 65 of 146 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775115 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,300 of 2907

Thread: Around The Majors 2019

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    But how valuable is he to us right now? He's at -0.3 fWAR, and someone is gonna have to go to get ender back on the 25. Culberson can play all positions camargo can. Seems like camargo will be in AAA soon
    Some of his value is as insurance against an injury to Swanson or Albies. It is true Culberson can play those positions, but Camargo would probably get the bulk of the playing time if something like that happened. Same of someone like Duvall. Seems like he is wasting his season in AAA, but there is value to the team to have him available if an injury occurred.

#deepdepth
    #thedodgerway
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,353 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    Some of his value is as insurance against an injury to Swanson or Albies. It is true Culberson can play those positions, but Camargo would probably get the bulk of the playing time if something like that happened. Same of someone like Duvall. Seems like he is wasting his season in AAA, but there is value to the team to have him available if an injury occurred.

#deepdepth
    #thedodgerway
    Yup, Ask the faillies is they wish they had a camargo right now.
    Coppy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,675 Posts
    Guess so

I just think Riley has sorta killed camargo. Here's camargo's numbers since Riley was promoted...

30 games, 32 PA, .219/.219/.313, 32 wRC+

The point about MIF depth is a good one though

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,967 Posts
    Guess so

I just think Riley has sorta killed camargo. Here's camargo's numbers since Riley was promoted...

I think Camargo needs to be playing every day. He’s not a player that’s going to be great with sparse playing time. Problem is he isn’t better than any of the regulars playing every day except maybe Markakis but we know he won’t be benched. I think he’s very valuable if an important guy in the lineup gets injured. I think its a mistake to trade him especially with his value so low.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,675 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zbhargrove View Post
    I think Camargo needs to be playing every day. He’s not a player that’s going to be great with sparse playing time. Problem is he isn’t better than any of the regulars playing every day except maybe Markakis but we know he won’t be benched. I think he’s very valuable if an important guy in the lineup gets injured. I think its a mistake to trade him especially with his value so low.
    I'd flip him and duvall for a while... platoon duvall and markakis. Duvall would be good def replacement for Riley late too

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    766 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zbhargrove View Post
    I would agree.

I would send him down and let him play every day. I think he is a solid starter at a number of places. Not everyone can perform to the back of their baseball card with intermittent use. Culberson really has a skill that way (he actually seems to play better).

Comargo needs to spend a day at 3B, day at SS, day at 2B and a Day in the corner OF to be productive (4/6-7 days). If we can't/won't/shouldn't do that then play every day in AAA and trade him in the offseason.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    Guess so

Riley has pushed both Camargo and Duvall down the depth chart. No doubt about it. But I still want both Duvall and Camargo around the rest of this season. Unless some other team makes a ridiculous offer. But that's different from actively shopping them. When we trade for a reliever, we are likely to dip into that prospect capital pool.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,675 Posts
    Riley has pushed both Camargo and Duvall down the depth chart. No doubt about it. But I still want both Duvall and Camargo around the rest of this season. Unless some other team makes a ridiculous offer. But that's different from actively shopping them. When we trade for a reliever, we are likely to dip into that prospect capital pool.
    I wish we had a MIF on the 25 that actually hit well from the left side. That would be more valuable than camargo right now. Not sure who that could be and what he'd cost though

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ2dollas View Post
    I would agree.

I would send him down and let him play every day. I think he is a solid starter at a number of places. Not everyone can perform to the back of their baseball card with intermittent use. Culberson really has a skill that way (he actually seems to play better).

Comargo needs to spend a day at 3B, day at SS, day at 2B and a Day in the corner OF to be productive (4/6-7 days). If we can't/won't/shouldn't do that then play every day in AAA and trade him in the offseason.
    Camargo has been swinging the bat better lately. 1.000+ OPS in June. Small sample I know. I want him in the lineup against lefties. He and Muk should be platooning in right. We will be facing Matz in game 3 against the Mets. I expect to see him in the lineup.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,675 Posts
    Camargo has been swinging the bat better lately. 1.000+ OPS in June. Small sample I know. I want him in the lineup against lefties. He and Muk should be platooning in right. We will be facing Matz in game 3 against the Mets. I expect to see him in the lineup.
    If camargo can handle RF, I'm all for this. We apparently have no confidence in him there though

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    I wish we had a MIF on the 25 that actually hit well from the left side. That would be more valuable than camargo right now. Not sure who that could be and what he'd cost though
    Yes, ideally if you have 3 starters at third, short and second who hit better against lefties, their backup should hit better against righties. That's kind of a second order argument though. It is not one in favor of moving Camargo or sending him down to the minors. But it is an argument in favor of acquiring a utility infielder who hits better against righties.

Btw Culberson has reverse splits. In his major league career his OPS against righties is .713 and against lefties .680. From a roster construction point of view that helps in light of the hitting tendencies of our other infielders.
    Last edited by nsacpi; 06-17-2019 at 01:47 PM.

"I am your retribution."

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    If camargo can handle RF, I'm all for this. We apparently have no confidence in him there though
    he's slower than Neck and not a career OFer. probably why they don't have faith in him there.
    "Well, you’ll learn soon enough that this was a massive red wave landslide." - thethe on the 2020 election that trump lost bigly

“I can’t fix my life, but I can fix the world.” - sturg

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,150 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    he's slower than Neck and not a career OFer. probably why they don't have faith in him there.
    Riley, Acuna, Camargo would be a really bad defensive OF, but I'm not entirely against that.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Southcack77 View Post
    Riley, Acuna, Camargo would be a really bad defensive OF, but I'm not entirely against that.
    it's not super different than Riley, Acuña, Markakis. but Neck is probably a good bit better than Johan. and i'm also no positive Johan could match and sustain Neck's offense, either.
    "Well, you’ll learn soon enough that this was a massive red wave landslide." - thethe on the 2020 election that trump lost bigly

“I can’t fix my life, but I can fix the world.” - sturg

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,974 Posts
    Trade value experts, what do you think of clv's idea of camargo for a closer? How much value does camargo and how does that stack up with the closers likely to be available?
    I think the problem is most teams with pitchers to trade will want prospects, not MLB players that are about to get expensive. Maybe the Indians might have some interest in Camargo (plus others) for Hand. But considering his value is down, I don't think he'd return as much as we'd hope.
    Last edited by Carp; 06-17-2019 at 01:54 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Southcack77 View Post
    Until Ender comes back we're going to have a below average defensive outfield. Which ones of Muk, Camargo, Riley and Joyce are out there doesn't make much difference.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    it's not super different than Riley, Acuña, Markakis. but Neck is probably a good bit better than Johan. and i'm also no positive Johan could match and sustain Neck's offense, either.
    I'm pretty sure Camargo would give us more offense against lefties than Muk.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,967 Posts
    I was shocked by how slow he was on statcast

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,675 Posts
    I'm pretty sure Camargo would give us more offense against lefties than Muk.
    I'd say that's a safe bet.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,108 Posts
    Camargo's poor play killed Camargo's playing time. He was getting plenty of PAs, despite anything the "Camargo needs more PAs to stay sharp" apologists wanted to believe.

I have to imagine every other team knows what Camargo is, and his trade value is pretty limited. A team like the Giants who are likely looking for a quick rebuild may value MLB ready players more than others, so there might be a deal to be made there for the Braves lower end MLB players like Camargo and Duvall.