Quote Originally Posted by Acuña’s Bat Flip View Post
You don’t know that, he could be trolling or trying to start some sort of damage control. .
You're right, I don't know that. But guess what, neither do you! Tell me how you KNOW a tweet saying Beyonce's music sucks is proof someone doesn't like black people and not proof that he simply isn't a fan of her music? And tell me how you KNOW a tweet supporting LeBron James is proof someone is just trolling and/or is planting some sort of pro-black damage control and not proof that he's simply just a LeBron fan?

(As for LeBron, he didn't make just one tweet...you're telling me he became a Cavs/LeBron fan and tweeted his support for them for years as some kind of troll job? Or that he wanted to plant evidence that he actually likes black people in case some pseudo-journalist race-baiter wrote an article years later to the contrary? Tell me it isn't a lot more likely that he's actually just a Cavs/LeBron fan...)

As for why he deleted the tweets, he probably got good advice from whoever is helping him prepare for the draft. Just because the tweets aren't racist doesn't mean they're nice. There's nothing to be gained by keeping them up other than to invite BS articles like the one you posted. Same with his pro-Trump and anti-Kaepernick tweets. All things being equal, I'd imagine his future employers would prefer he not voice his opinions on controversial topics across social media, so it's not a bad move to delete them and get out of the habit now. I'd imagine at this point the NFLPA likely advises rookies to do the same during whatever rookie transition program they have in place.