I was reading through last night's game thread after I left it, and I know there was talk about which young pitchers might be used to bolster our pen. This leads me to wonder who you think will eventually stick in the rotation, and how you project them. Also who has a productive future in the pen? Here are my thoughts.

First of all with the experienced guys. I think we know that Julio is not a long term part of the Braves plans, but he's consistent enough he's going to have to be pushed out. He's in the rotation or now. Gausman is solid and I see him staying in the rotation. I think he'll stay in the rotation until he hits free agency and then may not be re-signed after 2020. Folty is obviously in the rotation if healthy. For now he's our ace. His health and development of the younger guys will determine his long term future.

For Max Fried there is a lot of evidence that he has turned the corner. I want to see more starts, but I really like what he's shown. His control looks good, and he has excellent stuff. I see no reason why he's not a top half of the rotation starter.

Mike Soroka clearly has a future in the rotation if he's healthy. I do have some concerns about stress on his arm, but that is a universal concern among pitchers. If healthy, he'll be good.

I have mixed feelings about Newcomb. He is wild, and has a hard time pitching efficiently and can be tough on a bullpen. He has gotten good results though. He is good enough to be a big league starter, but he may end up in the pen considering our pitching depth. Personally I think he probably ends up in the bullpen.

I really like Touki Toussaint. Personally I see him as a quality starter. He has very good stuff and decent command. I've heard some mention they see him in the bullpen. To me that may happen short term with our crowded rotation, but I think long term he's too valuable as a starter. That being said if he doesn't stick in the rotation this year I absolutely see him as temporary bullpen help in the second half.

I don't know how to project Gohara. If he was healthy, he'd be my favorite but shoulder problems really worry me. He has ace stuff, but I fear there is high chance his career could get derailed.

To me Wright's stuff looked ok, but I wasn't that impressed. He needs more time to develop. I won't give up on him as starting pitcher yet, but I don't see him as a TOR guy, and I don't see him back in the rotation this year unless there are a lot of injuries. Later in the year maybe he could bolster the pen temporarily.

I would say let Bryce Wilson continue to develop before making a decision. The same goes with Ian Anderson. They may have potential, but I don't think they have an impact this year except maybe spot starts if needed.