Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Chris Christie

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts

Chris Christie

Appears to have screwed the proverbial pooch.
    Think he can get out of this?
    I don't - he has no friends

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/tapper-da...tical-payback/

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,467 Posts
    Christie won't be a pres candidate because he's a crooked pol. Everyone knows it in NJ, we're just used to them. I think his future is as a pundit, maybe a cabinet member, or he may try to snag a Senate seat from the dems.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    He'll get the GOP nod unless Jeb wants it.

Everyone in a position of power does stuff like this

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,467 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post
    He'll get the GOP nod unless Jeb wants it.

Everyone in a position of power does stuff like this
    This isn't the only thing Christie did. He'll get crushed on a national stage.

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Nah people will like him. People on the right will line up behind someone who isn't afraid to be loud and challenge the left. McCain and Romney were too passive.

For all the **** you give Christie, he did win a liberal state which should tell you what people think about him

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,781 Posts
    Nah people will like him. People on the right will line up behind someone who isn't afraid to be loud and challenge the left. McCain and Romney were too passive.

For all the **** you give Christie, he did win a liberal state which should tell you what people think about him
    That he's a liberal?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,467 Posts
    BUt he's a New Jersey republican. Which is not what the nutzos want. He's more liberal than Romney in many ways.

Things he's said include

Homosexuality is not a sin; people are born that way. Pursue civil unions in NJ, but not same-sex marriage Drug treatment rather than non-violent offenders in prison.Consider windmills off NJ coast. Don't tap strategic reserves for political purposes.The future for New Jersey is in green energy. Incentivize energy manufacturing & wind turbines. New Jersey is being short-changed on Hurricane Sandy relief. Jersey shore for tourism instead of offshore drilling. 157 million for Green Acres open-space acquisition.Stricter limits on PAC campaign donations. Vetoed outright ban on Barrett .50 caliber rifle. We already have too many firearms in our community. 2009: No right-to-carry cross-state reciprocity. Favors gun control measures from law-enforcement perspective. I've never been opposed to tuition equality for illegals. with either unionized state workers or civil service.Spent beyond government travel allowance as US Attorney.

Could continue. But he's not in reality too far off from Obama.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to zitothebrave For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (01-08-2014)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts

You've either got a bad memory, a chronic blind spot or are pitifully uninformed.

People from the right remember him being photographed with Obama and not with Romney.
    People from the left see him as a bully and someone that uses a state helicopter to travel a few miles to watch his kids soccer game.
    Looks as if everyone that see's Jeb bush as the (R) savior in '16 will get a shot.

(R) gets either the guy that rigged the vote to get his invading brother elected or the guy behind the traffic jam that killed an old lady.
    Can you say "President Hil"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    He never escapes this quote (email) coming from his office. Whether he said it or one of his deputies/ He is responsible for the culture of his office
    He fellow Braves fans -----is history

"They are the children of Buono voters."
    ---
    edit:
    Frankly, the more I read the above quote it actually angers me. The 47% remark was an abstraction. This wasn't an abstraction. This actually - boots on the ground / skin in the game - negatively affected innocent citizens personal in the flesh lives.
    Not their bank accounts ---- their lives.

Citizens
    Last edited by 57Brave; 01-08-2014 at 11:25 PM.

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    He has a press conference at 11AM EST. Christie is all about tone, so it will be curious to see what he brings in terms of attitude.

I think if he plays too soft he's going to bleed longer, but if he comes out in his trademark saucy fashion he might be able to put all of this (truly menial **** -- who really cares about political retribution in some podunk New Jersey town? [sorry, zito]) in the rear-view.

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    Can you say "President Hil"
    At the rate things are progressing, under a Democratically guided country, I'd rather eat my ****ing tongue.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,467 Posts
    FOrt Lee isnt all that podunk, it's not a city of course. But there are many more pudunk places in New Jersey. Want to see Podunk? Travel to upstate Vermont and New Hampshire. Holy crap. And Fort Lee is the borough that brought forth such great people like Buddy Hackett, Bill O'Reilly, Cheng Ming Wang, Alfonso Soriano, Jay Z and most importantly Cam'ron.

If Christie was behind this he'll pay, but he seems to have enough plausible deniability that he can blame it on staffers and get away with it.

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    I drive from upstate New York to Montreal/Quebec City, and then to Portland, ME every summer, and those podunk places you refer to are more 'quaint' ... New Jersey podunk is like an industrial wasteland. Think Pripyat. Just kidding, a former lady friend lived(s) in Wildwood and I have a peculiar fondness for the state (read: Wawa).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,467 Posts
    People don't get why New Jersey is the greatest state in the union, I simply tell them imagine you want anything, burgers, mexican, thai, almost any major retailer, whatever, and you're about 10-45 minutes from one. Aside from the Northwest part of the state (don't go there) NJ is full of awesome. And the shore is always awesome because it's heydays were all 30+ years ago if you find the right spots, so it's retro without trying. Asbury Park and Belmar are 2 of my favorite shore towns for different reasons.

To describe the full of awesome. I'm living in northern New Hampshire. For starters, I've never lived somewhere so far behind the "new" scene if you would. NJ was a little behind because it typically flowed from New York whenever something new happened. Anyway. The food is something I miss so dearly. They have italian, and chinese, and some breweries, but it's not the same. Like up here if you go to get pizza it's either good and way overpriced, or cheap and crappy. There is no cheap but good pizza like I grew up a 2 minute walk from. Chinese, forget about it, there's I think 1 Chinese place around me, and my girlfriend doesn't want to eat there because it sucks. Whereas in New Brunswick you threw a rock you hit a Chinese place that was good. Thai there is a thai place near, but it's kind of like someone wanted to be a New York Thai restaurant. It's not very good. And for italian food, well same as the Pizza, you can get good Italian food at a premium or bad italian food for cheap. In NJ there still were those premium places, but there were also some places that were good cheap italian. I never ate at a bad Italian place, cause where I lived they'd be swallowed up in a heart beat by good ones.

Of all the places I've lived, which of course isn't that broad, New Brunswick was my favorite. Sure there were traffic issues (New Brunswick has the luxury of being by a super busy stretch of 1, and the Turnpike) but there was always something to do. I would want an apartment that I could stagger home from after boozing though, that I missed.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to zitothebrave For This Useful Post:

yeezus (01-09-2014)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,122 Posts
    I've seen a few lists recently that rank NJ as a good place to live (for different reasons). It was ranked as a top-10 state to raise children in, and there were some others.
    Not sure why we get a bad rep, everything I need is so close.
    I live on a street lined with excellent but affordable restaurants featuring all kinds of food - thai, italian, cuban, spanish, and many others, with a wawa in between.
    Plus, I drive two minutes, hop on a train, and I'm in center city Philly in 10 minutes.
    Can't beat it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,467 Posts
    So you're not too far from the Patco then huh?

NJ gets a bad rap because of NYC. Comics, TV shows, etc. catering to NYC consumers trash NJ. Parts of NJ suck, and are industrial wastelands, but for anyone who hates NJ I just take them out to Monmouth or Ocean if they're interested in nature/views, or take them to Mercer/Middlesex if they're more into the hipster or yuppy scene (don't get more yuppy than Princeton) I'm hoping to get a brewing gig up here where it's easier before sliding back into NJ.

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,965 Posts
    I don't know if this kills his chances because the actual campaigning is a year off, so there is time for him to burnish things up a bit, but I think this really does how at base who he really is: a frickin' bully. Anyone who rises to the ranks to which he has risen is standing on a pile of figuratively dead bodies, but this is so trite it's ridiculous. If you're going to be petulant and vindictive, at least do it over something of substance.

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    After reading zito and yeezus wax poetic on New Jersey's buffet of ethnic food options, it's little surprise to me that Christie is a balloon.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Hawk For This Useful Post:

yeezus (01-09-2014)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,467 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    After reading zito and yeezus wax poetic on New Jersey's buffet of ethnic food options, it's little surprise to me that Christie is a balloon.
    I see him as more of a fan of Pizza than of Pho.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,730 Posts
    Republicans seem to like to nominate moderate candidates with no chance to win so its not a surprise Christie is the "establishment" favorite. My only hope right now appears to be that Rand Paul is just pretending to be a dip**** so he wont get blackballed like his Dad was in the last primary.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.