User Tag List

Thread: Migrants detained by Militia at gunpoint along the US-Mexico border

Called Up to the Major Leagues Acuña’s Bat Flip's Avatar
    Gaffney, South Carolina (Home of the Big Butt "Peach" on I-85)
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Migrants detained at gunpoint by Militia along the US-Mexico border

A video has emerged of armed right-wing militia members stopping over 300 migrants as they cross the Mexico border into the US state of New Mexico.

The group calls itself the United Constitutional Patriots, and are seen in the Facebook clip standing over migrants sitting on the desert ground.

The group's actions have been condemned by civil liberties groups and New Mexico state officials.

The militia supports President Donald Trump's plan for a border wall.

The incident comes amid a spike in border crossings, despite White House efforts to stem the influx.
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-47980143
    Last edited by Acuña’s Bat Flip; 04-19-2019 at 05:10 PM.

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,455 Times in 1,584 Posts
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i believe that is called kidnapping
    "If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin. It is a very great mistake to imagine that the object of loyalty is the authority and interest of one individual man, however dignified by the applause or enriched by the success of popular actions.” Samuel Adams

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act" George Orwell

3. The Following User Says Thank You to goldfly For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (04-24-2019)

Called Up to the Major Leagues Acuña’s Bat Flip's Avatar
    Gaffney, South Carolina (Home of the Big Butt "Peach" on I-85)
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    i believe that is called kidnapping
    No doubt and the fact that it is encouraged by some is sick!
    A.k.a. Ozzie's Chainz

Braves / Panthers / Hornets / Clemson / Duke Basketball

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol what a joke

It’s not kidnapping. This may shock
    You guys but there is a such thing as a citizens arrest. You can legally stop someone when they are committing a crime in front of you. Crossing the border illegally is a crime.

NL Rookie of the Year
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post
    Lol what a joke

It’s not kidnapping. This may shock
    You guys but there is a such thing as a citizens arrest. You can legally stop someone when they are committing a crime in front of you. Crossing the border illegally is a crime.
    Yeah, but still **** these guys. I hope the leader who was arrested today for having broken a law goes to prison.

Also, I’m not sure border crossing would qualify as something you can make a citizen’s arrest for. It’s a misdemeanor.
    Last edited by mqt; 04-20-2019 at 10:16 PM.

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mqt View Post
    Yeah, but still **** these guys. I hope the leader who was arrested today for having broken a law goes to prison.

Also, I’m not sure border crossing would qualify as something you can make a citizen’s arrest for. It’s a misdemeanor.

He was a felon who had a gun. He was an idiot. He deserved to be arrested.

You don’t know at the time what a group of people crossing the border consist of. Is one a coyote? Are they mules? Have some already been deported and are trying to re-enter? Etc. So stopping them and holding for the border patrol to figure out what’s going on isn’t a big deal. They are breaking the law first and foremost. They’re going to all get sent back anyway

If a group of citizens stopping illegals from entering the country was a no no, it would had been stopped years ago. Some left wing Prosector would had already tried it. the Supreme Court would side with the private citizens

Thanks
    Thanked 3,731 Times in 2,721 Posts
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Fitting that this gets more attention from some on this board then the invasion of illegals every single day for 'asylum'.
    Warm feelings guy!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shocker that anyone not bat**** crazy and isn’t a white supremacist doesn’t buy into your false narrative of an invasion
    "If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin. It is a very great mistake to imagine that the object of loyalty is the authority and interest of one individual man, however dignified by the applause or enriched by the success of popular actions.” Samuel Adams

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act" George Orwell

10. The Following User Says Thank You to goldfly For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (04-24-2019)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The right wing terrorist piece of **** got his ass beat in jail. Lol