5,758 Posts
    A thread presented without comment

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    Having lived in Berkeley I am familiar with some of the blind spots on the left. And having worked on Wall Street has afforded me the opportunity to discern blinds spots on the right as well. Of course those are the global corporatists, not the thethe part of the spectrum.
    The left see minorities as people who can't succeed without the help of government

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    The left see minorities as people who can't succeed without the help of government
    Precisely - One of the highest levels of bigotry.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    I wouldn't say that the left is monolithic in that regard. There are some like that however.
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts

Its not even worth a debate. Everyone who isnt self inflicted woth the disease of virtue signalling knows what the true issue is.

This isnt to say all muslims are bad people but the belief system they follow is a common gateway to mass murder.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts

Terror is a particular kind of crime. I think to focus on it as opposed to other forms of mass murder leaves out a lot. The top three mass murderers of modern history:

1) Mao
    2) Stalin
    3) Hitler

There is some dispute as to the ranking of Stalin and Hitler. But no dispute that Mao is #1.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Terror is a particular kind of crime. I think to focus on it as opposed to other forms of mass murder leaves out a lot. The top three mass murderers of modern history:

1) Mao
    2) Stalin
    3) Hitler

There is some dispute as to the ranking of Stalin and Hitler. But no dispute that Mao is #1.
    When a common theme links all of them and its one that roughly 1.6 billion people practice then it absolutely should be differentiated.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    When a common theme links all of them and its one that roughly 1.6 billion people practice then it absolutely should be differentiated.
    To paint 1.6 billion people with the same brush like that is so far from reality as to be pathetic. If 1.6 billion Muslims were intent on the kind of violence we see from groups like ISIS or their fellow travellers in Sri Lanka we'd all be in big trouble. Fortunately, that is very far from being the case.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    To paint 1.6 billion people with the same brush like that is so far from reality as to be pathetic. If 1.6 billion Muslims were intent on the kind of violence we see from groups like ISIS or their fellow travellers in Sri Lanka we'd all be in big trouble. Fortunately, that is very far from being the case.
    Stop the over dramatization of my words. When the base number is that large it gives you insight into how many islamisists exist.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    I don't think that's what he's doing... but rather, looking at the terror events that have occurred, there seems to be an overwhelming common denominator.

What should be done about it? Well I don't think you or thethe would like my solution

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Now im interested in your solution

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    I don't think that's what he's doing... but rather, looking at the terror events that have occurred, there seems to be an overwhelming common denominator.

What should be done about it? Well I don't think you or thethe would like my solution
    I think I have a pretty good take on what thethe is doing. It is one thing to recognize that jihadists have found inspiration from some forms of Islam and to be concerned about that and to develop ways to counter that. It is another to tar a very large group of people, the vast majority of whom live quiet lives not much different from our own. thethe needs to get out and get to know some of his neighbors.

"I am your retribution."

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    I think I have a pretty good take on what thethe is doing. It is one thing to recognize that jihadists have found inspiration from some forms of Islam and to be concerned about that. It is another to tar a very large group of people, the vast majority of whom live quiet lives not much different from our own. thethe needs to get out and get to know some of his neighbors.

Is thethe being any different than some leftist in here or the ones all over the media who associate all Trump voters as racist and white nationalist?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post
    Is thethe being any different than some leftist in here or the ones all over the media who associate all Trump voters as racist and white nationalist?
    surely thethe is better than that

btw i think there is an interesting analogy to be drawn

within the universe of Trump voters there is the more hardcore group that goes to the rallies and wears the garb and within that more hardcore group are the neo Nazis and white supremacists and so forth

similarly there is the universe of Muslims and within that there is a hard core such as the Wahabis and Brotherhood and Salafists and within that hard core those who actually perpetrate violence
    Last edited by nsacpi; 04-22-2019 at 07:26 PM.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    I think I have a pretty good take on what thethe is doing. It is one thing to recognize that jihadists have found inspiration from some forms of Islam and to be concerned about that and to develop ways to counter that. It is another to tar a very large group of people, the vast majority of whom live quiet lives not much different from our own. thethe needs to get out and get to know some of his neighbors.
    I have noted numerous studies that estimate the islamisist population at about 5-15% of the total muslim population.

Guess what? Thats still a tremendous amount of people that want to kill non believers.

Then there are other groupings of religous conservativies that believe the same tenanta but are unwilling to act on them. The issue with this grouping is that they will not turn in those that will act. This population ranges from 15-25%. So all in all you have an enormous grouping of people that dont share ideals of a free western society. They cannot be assimilated into our society and thats why we are seeing what is happening in Europe and the UK.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    surely thethe is better than that

btw i think there is an interesting analogy to be drawn

within the universe of Trump voters there is the more hardcore group that goes to the rallies and wears the garb and within that more hardcore group are the neo Nazis and white supremacists and so forth

similarly there is the universe of Muslims and within that there is a hard core such as the Wahabis and Brotherhood and Salafists and within that hard core those who actually perpetrate violence
    To conflate the two when one committs thousands of murders a year is a sad act for someone as intelligent as you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    To conflate the two when one committs thousands of murders a year is a sad act for someone as intelligent as you.
    I was wondering what kind of reaction that post might draw. In terms of violence committed, I agree that jihadists cause more deaths. But that does not invalidate the analogy.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    Didn't you say the MAGA hat is the same as the white hood?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    I was wondering what kind of reaction that post might draw. In terms of violence committed, I agree that jihadists cause more deaths. But that does not invalidate the analogy.
    Its a silent dismissal of what Islam causes.

You and many on this board have noted white supremacy on numerous occassions and used the tragic death in charolettesville as a data point. I wonder why this isnt happening now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    I have noted numerous studies that estimate the islamisist population at about 5-15% of the total muslim population.

Guess what? Thats still a tremendous amount of people that want to kill non believers.

Then there are other groupings of religous conservativies that believe the same tenanta but are unwilling to act on them. The issue with this grouping is that they will not turn in those that will act. This population ranges from 15-25%. So all in all you have an enormous grouping of people that dont share ideals of a free western society. They cannot be assimilated into our society and thats why we are seeing what is happening in Europe and the UK.
    So could you give me one statistic that I don't see in the above compilation. Within the group you think want to kill other people, what proportion act out that desire. I've ridden elevators in Arab countries with guys with big beards and murder in their eyes who I was sure were gonna kill me. Hasn't happened yet. <touch wood>

"I am your retribution."