Page 15 of 119 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast

Thread: Impeachment

Anytime Now Frankie...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    268 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    I've been waiting for the White House to push the "Rudy made me do it" narrative. Et voila, courtesy of the WSJ. Imo this is the best line of defense for the Chosen One. Of course, there are some unpredictable egos involved, which makes it not without risk. But it is the best option politically. Throw Rudy under the bus.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-o...rs-11570137147

President Trump ordered the removal of the ambassador to Ukraine after months of complaints from allies outside the administration, including his personal lawyer Rudy Giuliani, that she was undermining him abroad and obstructing efforts to persuade Kyiv to investigate former Vice President Joe Biden, according to people familiar with the matter.

The recall of Marie Yovanovitch in the spring has become a key point of interest in the House impeachment inquiry. A whistleblower complaint by a CIA officer alleges the president solicited foreign interference in the 2020 elections by pressing Ukraine’s president in a July 25 call to pursue investigations, including into the activities of Mr. Biden, a Democrat who is running for president.
    And this is why I brought up cui bono. The evidence is now damning and incontrovertible. No one serious can continue claiming it never happened now. So as they try to find lower scapegoats to hang out to dry, it becomes a matter of asking: who benefited? Who was it really for? Rudy is working for free, his political career is dead as a doornail, he has no personal benefit here.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
    And this is why I brought up cui bono. The evidence is now damning and incontrovertible. No one serious can continue claiming it never happened now. So as they try to find lower scapegoats to hang out to dry, it becomes a matter of asking: who benefited? Who was it really for? Rudy is working for free, his political career is dead as a doornail, he has no personal benefit here.
    Sacrificing Rudy is the least bad of a bad set of options. It won't save the Chosen One from impeachment. But it may provide some people with a limited amount of cover.
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Anytime Now Frankie...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    268 Posts
    Sacrificing Rudy is the least bad of a bad set of options. It won't save the Chosen One from impeachment. But it may provide some people with a limited amount of cover.
    I actually think it's a huge mistake. We already saw Rudy set a lot of these latest events in motion showing text messages on TV to defend himself from scapegoating. There's no way he's going to lay down and eat anyone else's sins, and I think trying to force it on him will just lead to more revelations.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,739 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by striker42 View Post
    Let them off the hook? No. Laugh when people act shocked and scandalized about it? Absolutely.

I just find the jockeying for moral superiority to be incredibly funny. It's all just partisan fighting with the players trying to make it look like a moral struggle instead of just another partisan squabble.

They have to act that way. If they go out and say we know he was a crook and it was just a matter of time before he screwed up and got impeached it would feed into the Republicans narrative. The corruption of the Trump administration is unprecedented. No one should be shocked. Everyone should be outraged.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Let them off the hook? No. Laugh when people act shocked and scandalized about it? Absolutely.

I just find the jockeying for moral superiority to be incredibly funny. It's all just partisan fighting with the players trying to make it look like a moral struggle instead of just another partisan squabble.
    I'm not as cynical. I think most politicians try to do the right thing most of the time.

Politics is a game of sorts and there are rules that politicians know they shouldn't cross. Trump doesn't know and doesn't care about these rules or norms.
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    I think it's too late to sacrifice Rudy to save Trump and Trump will not go out without bringing everyone down with him. His behavior already has shown that.
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,052 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    They have to act that way. If they go out and say we know he was a crook and it was just a matter of time before he screwed up and got impeached it would feed into the Republicans narrative. The corruption of the Trump administration is unprecedented. No one should be shocked. Everyone should be outraged.
    I disagree. I think extreme corruption is the norm. I think the difference is that the Trump administration is less savvy at hiding and spinning the corruption.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    I disagree. I think extreme corruption is the norm. I think the difference is that the Trump administration is less savvy at hiding and spinning the corruption.
    Some corruption is normal. The Chosen One's administration is way above the norm when it comes to corruption and criminality. It is always way above average when it comes to stupidity and incompetence. But that is another matter.

"I am your retribution."

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts
    I could agree with this for the most part. We know the Clinton's were corrupt. It's likely GW was as well. Obama we'll find out with time, but I doubt he was squeaky clean either.

But aside from the Clintons, they all pail in comparison to Trump.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Do we ?

Probably contemporaneously the 2 most investigated people of history yet ... there is no there- there
    I would bet the ranch had they had more than a blue dress we would know it by now
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,739 Posts
    I dont have the time left to do it today but I will compile a whole list of Trump corruption we know about. But just for starters he has his kids as advisers while they are still running his businesses. I believe they tried to get Qatar to bail out Kushner's real estate blunders then retaliated against them when they said no. There is all the diverting of money to his own properties. Its no secret that people stay at his hotels to curry favor with him as mentioned by the Ukranian President. I think his head of the EPA had a sound proof telephone booth. There is a whole lot off the top of my head but I just dont have the remaining time today to research them to make sure they are correct. There are many factors with Trump that no other President had.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 57Brave For This Useful Post:

cajunrevenge (10-04-2019), The Chosen One (10-04-2019)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    President Trump denied that he had linked military aid to Ukraine with a commitment by Kyiv to investigate the 2016 presidential elections when pressed on the matter by a Republican senator in August, according to the lawmaker.

In an interview, Sen. Ron Johnson (R., Wis.) said he learned of a potential quid pro quo from the U.S. ambassador to the European Union, Gordon Sondland, who told him that aid to Ukraine was tied to the desire by Mr. Trump and his allies to have Kyiv undertake investigations related to the 2016 U.S. elections.

Mr. Johnson raised the issue with Mr. Trump in a phone call on Aug. 31, shortly before the senator was due to meet with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky. In the call, Mr. Trump flatly rejected the notion that he directed aides to make military aid to Ukraine contingent on a new investigation by Kyiv, Mr. Johnson said.

Mr. Johnson, who supports aid to Ukraine and is the chairman of a Senate subcommittee with jurisdiction over the region, said Mr. Trump was adamant on the issue. “He said—expletive deleted—‘No way. I would never do that. Who told you that?” the Wisconsin senator recalled. Mr. Johnson told Mr. Trump that he had learned of the arrangement from Mr. Sondland.

The White House didn’t immediately respond to a request for comment. Mr. Sondland, a former hotel executive and major Trump donor who was confirmed to the ambassador job last year, didn’t immediately respond to a request for comment through a spokesperson.

About a week after Mr. Johnson’s conversation with the president, Bill Taylor, a top U.S. diplomat in Kiev, in a text message to Mr. Sondland also linked the hold on aid to the investigations the president was seeking. “I think it’s crazy to withhold security assistance for help with a political campaign,” Mr. Taylor wrote.

Mr. Sondland responded by disputing Mr. Taylor’s assertion. “I believe you are incorrect about President Trump’s intentions,” he wrote. “The President has been crystal clear no quid pro quo’s of any kind.” He added: “I suggest we stop the back and forth by text.”

https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-a...te-11570205661

Senator Johnson, Ambassador Sondland and the Chosen One need to have a conversation.
    Last edited by nsacpi; 10-04-2019 at 01:25 PM.

"I am your retribution."

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts
    Did I read this correctly? Trump encouraging Pelosi to hold an impeachment vote?

I hope she calls his bluff.
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Chosen One View Post
    Did I read this correctly? Trump encouraging Pelosi to hold an impeachment vote?

I hope she calls his bluff.
    I'm sure Nancy will grant both your wishes.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,739 Posts
    So many questions I wish reporters would ask Trump.

"Would you be willing to testify under oath that you have never been informed by your staff or colleagues that your Biden accusations have been proven false?"

"Given that you have pointed to similar actions by other Presidents politicians to justify your adm innistrations policy, do you believe that Bipartisan support by members of Congress for the prosecutor removal as well as the support of much of the international community to remove the prosecutor exonerates Joe Biden"

"Do you believe it is appropriate for future Presidents to ask foreign leaders to open investigations into you and your sons buisness dealings. If not, do you think that would be grounds for impeaching and removing that future President?"

"What do you make of the letter the undersecretary at the Pentagon sent to lawmakers on Capitol Hill back in May certifying that Ukraine has taken substantial steps to decrease corruption and increase accountability "

"Can you explain to me why you felt the need to try to discredit the Mueller report when you claim it fully exonerated you"

"Would you accept the results if any investigation into Biden that did not find criminal actions?"

"Since you are so concerned with Bidens kids profiting off the Vice Presidency, do you see any issue with your sons girlfriend who has no outside of being your sons girlfriend receiving 50,000 dollars for a single speech?"

"You have cited Hunter Biden receiving a lucrative contract from an Ukrainian oil company as corrupt because he has no experience in the oil buisness. Can you tell me what experience Gordon Sondland had in diplomacy before you named him ambassador to the EU?"
    Last edited by cajunrevenge; 10-04-2019 at 02:37 PM.

It’s over."

Got the Call to Lynchburg
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    This is just like the Russia Collusion thread all over again. A bunch of fantasy speculation by keyboard pundits listening to garbage-in-garbage-out mainstream media. Laf.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to MrShwag For This Useful Post:

nsacpi (10-04-2019)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,739 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrShwag View Post
    This is just like the Russia Collusion thread all over again. A bunch of fantasy speculation by keyboard pundits listening to garbage-in-garbage-out mainstream media. Laf.
    Except in this case El Presidente released the evidence of him asking a foreign leader to open a politically motivated investigation into his perceived main political rival that he knows are false. For someone who didn't collude with Putin he sure likes using Putins playbook.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,052 Posts
    "The major problem—one of the major problems, for there are several—one of the many major problems with governing people is that of whom you get to do it; or rather of who manages to get people to let them do it to them.

To summarize: it is a well-known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it.

To summarize the summary: anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.”

-Douglas Adams, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

This was written in 1980. It is one of the most true statements ever written.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrShwag View Post
    Its fun to watch all over again. It will end up being the same result and then 6 months from now another democrat operative will release some BIG news.
    Natural Immunity Croc