Page 6 of 119 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast

Thread: Impeachment

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,741 Posts
    What's illegal about asking for help investigating Trump by Democratic senators? If say, Hillary Clinton in 2016 asked Ukraine to investigate Trump that would be a crime. If Trump were to have asked Ukraine to investigate AoC that would not necessarily be illegal.

This is really exactly what Trump was accused of with Russia. If he asked them to include Rudy in the investigation that is collusion. Or the legal term conspiracy. The sad part is they literally announced to the world. They werent even smart enough to try and hide it even after they were warned months ago. Trump probably has himself now totally surrounded by 'yes men' and replaced the people who told him not to do this the first time around.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Greg Miller
    @gregpmiller
    55m
    STAGGERING:

Transcript shows Trump urging Ukraine to work with Atty Gen. Barr(!) and Giuliani

in pursuit of dirt on political opponents. Bashes US officials. Reveals a president

with little concern for American interests, only his own:

note:
    This is not a transscript but non-verbatum notes released by WH
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    What's illegal about asking for help investigating Trump by Democratic senators? If say, Hillary Clinton in 2016 asked Ukraine to investigate Trump that would be a crime. If Trump were to have asked Ukraine to investigate AoC that would not necessarily be illegal.

This is really exactly what Trump was accused of with Russia. If he asked them to include Rudy in the investigation that is collusion. Or the legal term conspiracy. The sad part is they literally announced to the world. They werent even smart enough to try and hide it even after they were warned months ago. Trump probably has himself now totally surrounded by 'yes men' and replaced the people who told him not to do this the first time around.
    He and Rudy seem to have reinforced each other's worst impulses. Two guys with a few loose screws. Hardly surprising.
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Swing Left
    @swingleft
    ·
    41s
    Ordering government investigations into his political enemies became Article 2 of Nixon's impeachment.

How many investigations has Trump asked Bill Barr to open?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    setting up Barr. Watch ---

Talking Points Memo
    @TPM
    ·
    3m
    Barr Denies Involvement In Trump’s Ukraine Smear Campaign Against Biden

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    trump referred Zelenskyy to his personal attorney. giuliani is not part of the US government.
    trump clearly sees the AG as his own personal attack dog. that's...not how this is supposed to work? remember republicans freaking out about Clinton talking to Lynch???

imagine clinging to this dumb**** criminal.
    "Well, you’ll learn soon enough that this was a massive red wave landslide." - thethe on the 2020 election that trump lost bigly

“I can’t fix my life, but I can fix the world.” - sturg

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Super For This Useful Post:

goldfly (09-25-2019)

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Yes...im still saying that. Technicalities wony save the Dems from having this whole mess blow up in their faces.

Just sit back and enjoy how this unfolds.
    So what you're saying is you didn't read it. Democrats urging the Ukraine to not give up an ongoing investigation on their previous pro-Russian regime that tied into the Mueller investigation. Trump via proxies asked the Ukraine to investigate Biden's son's company and withheld support.

How can you not see the difference? Like it's colossal. It's the difference between a verbal promise of continued support and actively removing support. It's like saying hey if you snitch on Johnny we'll back you up, and Johnny says if you don't snitch on billy I'll kill you, then proceeds to beat you within an inch of your life. That's a miserable comparison, but it's the best I can come up right now. One is a crime, the other is a promise
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

9. The Following User Says Thank You to zitothebrave For This Useful Post:

Dalyn (09-26-2019)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Swing Left
    @swingleft
    ·
    28s
    The #UkraineTranscript is just part of the House's #TrumpImpeachment.

This week alone, the House is investigating Trump's business ties and profits,

his Department of Homeland Security, inauguration,

Department of the Interior, Muslim ban, obstruction...

Got the Call to Lynchburg
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Yes...im still saying that. Technicalities wony save the Dems from having this whole mess blow up in their faces.

Just sit back and enjoy how this unfolds.
    I don't think they have the ability to enjoy life with a Trump in office. They are too busy trying to manufacture misdemeanors where there are none, and plugging their eyes and ears to avoid seeing the skeletons their precious state media buries in the backyard.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to MrShwag For This Useful Post:

nsacpi (09-25-2019)

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrShwag View Post
    I don't think they have the ability to enjoy life with a Trump in office. They are too busy trying to manufacture misdemeanors where there are none, and plugging their eyes and ears to avoid seeing the skeletons their precious state media buries in the backyard.
    lol
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    trump referred Zelenskyy to his personal attorney. giuliani is not part of the US government.
    trump clearly sees the AG as his own personal attack dog. that's...not how this is supposed to work? remember republicans freaking out about Clinton talking to Lynch???

yep

i really don't get why republicans are ready to throw everything a way for this con man criminal
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Anytime Now Frankie...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    268 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post

As someone who was bothered by Lunch (and horrified at this), I'd expand that. I was disturbed by the politicization of the DOJ that happened under Obama-Holder, but it was absolutely nothing compared to what has happened under Trump-Barr. Everything that concerned me about the Obama admin, this group has turned to 11. And added new things to boot.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post

The call to Ukraine happened on July 25th, the day after Meuller's fiasco session with Congress. Trump was emboldened.
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Runnin For This Useful Post:

50PoundHead (09-26-2019)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    C SPAN is your friend

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,741 Posts
    Hypothetically speaking could Trump be removed from office by impeachment and still run in 2020. That would be super awkward.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to cajunrevenge For This Useful Post:

The Chosen One (09-26-2019)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    The Rude Pundit
    @rudepundit
    ·
    3m
    We don't have just a "secondhand" allegation. We have the White House document

showing that Trump did exactly what the whistleblower said he did on the call.

Don't fall for bullschit spin.