Results 1,521 to 1,540 of 2361

Thread: Impeachment

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    853 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    When you want to make a political point, but also don’t want to lie for once?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to mqt For This Useful Post:

goldfly (11-22-2019)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Last edited by nsacpi; 11-22-2019 at 09:57 AM.
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    They are all conspiracies until they become reality. It's a great mechanism to discourage discussion. Similar to calling people racist.

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    It’s legitimately disturbing that he seems to actually believe this. I doubt there’s any chance he’ll be removed from office via impeachment or the 25th amendment, but I can’t really blame anyone for thinking he should be.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Among other things the owner of Crowdstrike is Russian not Ukrainian.

It is perfectly within his prerogative for chosen one to believe whatever he wants to. Though I will refrain from drawing any sort of conclusion about whether his belief that the Ukrainians have anything to do with the DNC server is a sincere one.

But there is a word that needs to be introduced into this discussion. Predicate or predicated. Legal investigations need to have a factual basis, a predicate. Once the basis becomes one man's whim, we are no longer proceeding according to rule of law. We are proceeding according to its opposite. Which is rule of man, or autocracy.
    Last edited by nsacpi; 11-22-2019 at 09:55 AM.

"I am your retribution."

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    They are all conspiracies until they become reality. It's a great mechanism to discourage discussion. Similar to calling people racist.
    But the Prez colluding with Russia and participating in Quid Pro Quo with Ukraine are outlandish witch hunts, even though we have evidence to support both of those claims..... lol

What evidence has been produced that the Ukraine has servers or that the Bidens acted illegally? The President literally said "Thats what they say" and "That's what the word is." Who is "they" and where is this "word" coming from? Like all conspiracy theories, no one actually knows where it started, it just keeps being passed around on Twitter, Facebook, and chain emails until enough people start claiming them as fact.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post
    It’s legitimately disturbing that he seems to actually believe this.
    I've had the opportunity to spend part of my professional life in the proximity of an individual who bears some resemblance to chosen one in terms of sometimes believing in things that have no basis. Those beliefs always appear to be sincere.

However, and the however is as relevant with chosen one. Whenever that individual has put forth such unfounded beliefs it has always been the case that these beliefs work to his advantage or are convenient to him. There has never been an instance where he has held an unfounded belief that works against his interests.

I have drawn an inference from this.
    Last edited by nsacpi; 11-22-2019 at 09:56 AM.

"I am your retribution."

9. The Following User Says Thank You to nsacpi For This Useful Post:

Runnin (11-22-2019)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carp View Post
    But the Prez colluding with Russia and participating in Quid Pro Quo with Ukraine are outlandish witch hunts, even though we have evidence to support both of those claims..... lol

What evidence has been produced that the Ukraine has servers or that the Bidens acted illegally? The President literally said "Thats what they say" and "That's what the word is." Who is "they" and where is this "word" coming from? Like all conspiracy theories, no one actually knows where it started, it just keeps being passed around on Twitter, Facebook, and chain emails until enough people start claiming them as fact.
    You realize that there has been ongoing investigations by Duram and Barr right?
    Natural Immunity Croc

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts
    You realize that there has been ongoing investigations by Duram and Barr right?
    You realize this conspiracy has been around long before Duram and Barr started their investigations right?

Again I ask, who is "They" and where is this "word" coming from? It's awfully convenient to spew conspiracy theories as facts and then claim that's what "they" are saying and "that's the word."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    You realize this conspiracy has been around long before Duram and Barr started their investigations right?

Again I ask, who is "They" and where is this "word" coming from? It's awfully convenient to spew conspiracy theories as facts and then claim that's what "they" are saying and "that's the word."
    Absolutely and now the perpetrators are not the investigators. Report hasn't even been released and we know there is evidence showing an fbi agent falsified records. Where does the rabbit hole go?
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,053 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    I've had the opportunity to spend part of my professional life in the proximity of an individual who bears some resemblance to chosen one in terms of sometimes believing in things that have no basis. Those beliefs always appear to be sincere.

However, and the however is as relevant with chosen one. Whenever that individual has put forth such unfounded beliefs it has always been the case that these beliefs work to his advantage or are convenient to him. There has never been an instance where he has held an unfounded belief that works against his interests.

This is a form of confirmation bias. These people probably legitimately believe the things that benefit them. They just believe it because they want to.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts
    Absolutely and now the perpetrators are not the investigators. Report hasn't even been released and we know there is evidence showing an fbi agent falsified records. Where does the rabbit hole go?
    LOL stop.

Former Trump campaign officials are on record stating they planned their campaign around the Russian Hacks and George Papadopoulos was indicted for lying about contact with individuals with Russian ties.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts

What evidence has been produced that the Ukraine has servers or that the Bidens acted illegally? The President literally said "Thats what they say" and "That's what the word is." Who is "they" and where is this "word" coming from?
    Good questions.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Peggy Noonan in today's WSJ:

"As to impeachment itself, the case has been so clearly made you wonder what exactly the Senate will be left doing. How will they hold a lengthy trial with a case this clear? Who exactly will be the president’s witnesses."

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    LOL stop.

Former Trump campaign officials are on record stating they planned their campaign around the Russian Hacks and George Papadopoulos was indicted for lying about contact with individuals with Russian ties.
    Hahaha...back to PAPA.

As of that hasn't been clearly shown to be a obama admin setup. And if you still dont believe it buckle up for what's to come.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by striker42 View Post
    This is a form of confirmation bias. These people probably legitimately believe the things that benefit them. They just believe it because they want to.
    So we also have a claim from chosen one that Yovanovitch refused to hang his picture at the embassy in Kyiv. Of course it's not true.

So what should we call this:

1) Confirmation bias
    2) Sincerely but erroneously held belief
    3) Lie
    4) Cooly crafted smear of another human being
    5) The truth
    6) Other
    7) All of the above
    Last edited by nsacpi; 11-22-2019 at 11:32 AM.

"I am your retribution."

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts
    Hahaha...back to PAPA.

As of that hasn't been clearly shown to be a obama admin setup. And if you still dont believe it buckle up for what's to come.
    LOL, more conspiracy. Nevermind the fact that the other campaign aids are on record stating they clearly planned their campaign around the Russian hacks. But sure, Obama plant. Let's just ignore all the other ACTUAL evidence in favor of conspiracy theories that have zero basis other than "that's the word."

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post

So you work with thethe?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    So you work with thethe?
    thethe's beliefs are proof of some deep law about chaos and the lack of order in the universe

may the peace and blessings of Allah be upon him

"I am your retribution."