Page 32 of 119 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast

Thread: Impeachment

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    When the Ukrainian prosecutor Konstiantyn H. Kulyk compiled a seven-page dossier in English that accused the son of former Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr. of corruption, he helped set off a political firestorm that has led to the impeachment investigation of President Trump.

But even as he was reopening a corruption case related to Hunter Biden’s service on the board of Burisma Holdings, a major Ukrainian gas company, Mr. Kulyk himself was under a cloud of suspicion.

He has been indicted three times on corruption charges and accused of bringing politically motivated criminal cases against his opponents. In a Ukrainian security clearance form, Mr. Kulyk admitted having ties to a warlord in eastern Ukraine accused of working for the Russian intelligence services.

Yet none of this — including the case related to the Bidens — has seemed to harm the career of Mr. Kulyk, who remains a department head in the Ukrainian prosecutor general’s office under a new president, Volodymyr Zelensky.

Mr. Kulyk’s dossier did more than revive the Biden case. The seven-page document he compiled and circulated also accused American diplomats of covering up for crimes committed by the Bidens, a spurious theory that played a role in the recall of the American ambassador to Ukraine, Marie L. Yovanovitch.

In March, Mr. Kulyk, who with a former prosecutor general, Yuriy Lutsenko, had coordinated with Mr. Trump’s personal lawyer, Rudolph W. Giuliani, to promote the allegations against the Bidens, suddenly switched allegiance in Ukraine’s domestic politics.

He and Mr. Lutsenko had been seen as staunch enforcers for President Petro O. Poroshenko. But two days before the first round of the country’s presidential election — with opinion polls showing Mr. Zelensky crushing Mr. Poroshenko — Mr. Kulyk filed criminal corruption charges against dozens of Poroshenko aides. He then went on a television talk show to discuss the highlights of these cases.

An on-air confrontation ensued. Mr. Poroshenko rushed to the studio and accused Mr. Kulyk of naked political abuse of the justice system. The 11th-hour smear nevertheless reinforced Mr. Zelensky’s campaign message that the country needed a new leader to root out corruption.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/15/w...imes&smtyp=cur
    Last edited by nsacpi; 10-15-2019 at 04:43 PM.
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    A grand jury has issued a subpoena related to Manhattan federal prosecutors’ investigation into Rudy Giuliani, seeking documents from former Rep. Pete Sessions about his dealings with President Trump’s personal lawyer and associates, according to people familiar with the matter.

The subpoena seeks documents related to Mr. Giuliani’s business dealings with Ukraine and his involvement in efforts to oust the U.S. ambassador in Kyiv, as well as any interactions between Mr. Sessions, Mr. Giuliani and four of Mr. Giuliani’s associates who were indicted last week on campaign-finance and conspiracy accounts, the people said.

Mr. Giuliani is the primary focus of the subpoena, the people said. Mr. Giuliani has denied wrongdoing and said he has had no indication his actions are being investigated by prosecutors.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/ex-rep-...es-11571176908

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Great moves not to comply. Put a vote on the floor and then go through the circus.

Dems wont put their red state members at risk. Republicans will then be able to show voters the left isnt serious.

No reason to comply at this stage.

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    I would assume that Rudy has a ****load of money. His “security consultancy” raked in millions from all over the globe post-9/11...and with a really heinous client list, fwiw.

But, sure, I guess homey probably has a lot of of divorces to pay for.

Like I said earlier in the thread, though, all the people who are doing MAGA **** are concurrently looking to turn a buck.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post
    I would assume that Rudy has a ****load of money. His “security consultancy” raked in millions from all over the globe post-9/11...and with a really heinous client list, fwiw.

Like I said earlier in the thread, though, all the people who are doing MAGA **** are concurrently looking to turn a buck.
    Turn a buck? Otherwise known as capitalism?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post

Its uncanny how he has followed in Pavel's footsteps. Makes me wonder if we can reverse engineer some aspects of the first collusion scandal based upon what we know about this one. Substitute Pavel for Rudy.
    Last edited by nsacpi; 10-15-2019 at 07:11 PM.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Great moves not to comply. Put a vote on the floor and then go through the circus.

Dems wont put their red state members at risk. Republicans will then be able to show voters the left isnt serious.

Because he is innocent would be a good reason if he was innocent. I know if I was the subject of a witch hunt I would want to block as much evidence as I could.....
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Trump's only defense is going to be that he was even dumber than Rudy, Mulvaney and Sondland.
    Last edited by Runnin; 10-15-2019 at 10:56 PM.
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post

Giuliani’s Attorney Abruptly Quits After Only 14 Days

Reading between the lines says this guy doesn't want to represent Rudy against the USA.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts
    I bet his attorney told him to seek an immunity deal in exchange for flipping on Trump and Rudy went berserk.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    Mulvaney's role coming into focus.

U.S. officials said the friction between Mulvaney and Bolton led to a series of ruptures, including one on the day of the July 25 phone call. The White House has launched a formal internal review of the call and the circumstances around it, according to a senior administration official. The move was first reported by the New York Times.

Bolton, already troubled by the administration’s interactions with Ukraine, insisted that he alone handle the pre-call briefing with the president. But Sondland, who as U.S. ambassador to the European Union is based in Brussels, demanded that he also participate in the prep session.

Mulvaney backed Sondland, urging that he be allowed on the call, according to a White House official. When Bolton refused, Mulvaney appears to have again found a way to bypass the national security adviser. Bolton proceeded to brief the president solo, but then Sondland was patched through on a separate call.

In a July 26 interview on an English-language Ukranian television program, Sondland said he “actually spoke with President Trump just a few minutes before he placed the call.”

Since he was thrust into the role of chief of staff early this year, officials said, Mulvaney has been more acquiescent to Trump than his predecessor, John Kelly, who sought to impose greater discipline in the White House and restrict access to the president.

Sondland “was talking to Mulvaney all the time,” said a former U.S. official familiar with their interactions. When confronted by Bolton or Hill, the official said, Sondland would rebuff them, saying he felt no obligation to coordinate with them because he had direct lines to Trump and Mulvaney.

Unlike Kelly, who often seemed to chafe at Trump’s impulsive decisions, officials said, Mulvaney’s primary goal often seemed to be pleasing the president.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...ge%2Fstory-ans
    Last edited by nsacpi; 10-16-2019 at 08:38 AM.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Speaking of John Kelly, I wonder if he's going to be dragged back into this mess or if he somehow dodged all of Trump's corruption bullets.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    No, he got into for profit prisons that seperate families and withold medical care
    Probably get away with it. In light of all else

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Documents obtained by ProPublica show stark differences in how Donald Trump’s businesses reported some expenses, profits and occupancy figures for two Manhattan buildings, giving a lender different figures than they provided to New York City tax authorities. The discrepancies made the buildings appear more profitable to the lender — and less profitable to the officials who set the buildings’ property tax.

For instance, Trump told the lender that he took in twice as much rent from one building as he reported to tax authorities during the same year, 2017. He also gave conflicting occupancy figures for one of his signature skyscrapers, located at 40 Wall Street.

https://www.propublica.org/article/t...nconsistencies

/////////////////

After the Marks got finished glowing after Michael Cohen's testimony last spring they forgot one thing ... persistence

As in
    " She persisted"
    -Majority Leader Mitch McConnell
    ''''''''''''''''''''

Last I knew it is illegal to fudge on tax returns. Perhaps felony level.
    Remind me thethe, is a felony a high crime or a misdemeanor ?
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts
    "I think there is nothing wrong with seeking out corruption" - Trump

"witch hunt, witch hunt, poor me, I am the biggest victim in the history of ever, how dare those mean ol democrats investigate corruption in my administration" - also Trump

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    4th defendant in Giuliani associates case arrested at JFK

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    So we should get a formal impeachment vote soon right?
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    From the New Yorker article:

According to Parnas, Giuliani helped him and Fruman get high-level meetings in Kiev, including by writing a letter of introduction to a minister in Zelensky’s government. Parnas and Fruman used the meetings to collect information that they hoped would be of interest to Trump, and to pitch energy deals for themselves. “We became a hot commodity. Past, present—everybody came with a story to tell,” Parnas recalled. “It’s like a movie, you’re hearing all these stories. You’re, like, are you kidding me?” Ukrainian officials told me that they were surprised by the indiscretion of Parnas and Fruman. A senior Ukrainian official said, of the two men, “They were looking to sell gas to Ukraine. They were looking for partners. Then, in the course of discussions, they were very open, I would say surprisingly open, about their plans to discredit Biden and to replace the Ambassador.”

Parnas told me that some of the Ukrainian officials and businessmen whom he met were distrustful of Yovanovitch, a career diplomat who started her posting in Kiev during President Obama’s second term. Parnas said he heard that she had been “badmouthing” Trump, saying that he would soon be impeached and that Ukrainian officials shouldn’t listen to him. Parnas said that he shared this information with the former Texas Republican congressman Pete Sessions and with Giuliani, who lobbied the State Department and Trump to remove the Ambassador. “I had a meeting with Pete Sessions that had nothing to do with that. It was about our gas company,” Parnas said. “In the meeting, Pete asked me, ‘Do you know anything about Yovanovitch?’ I told him what I heard. Unbeknownst to me, Pete was already looking into it, and when I left he opted to write a letter to [Secretary of State Mike] Pompeo that day.” (After Parnas and Fruman were indicted, Sessions said in a statement that he would “vigorously defend myself against any allegations of wrongdoing.”)

Parnas, like many of the President’s most dedicated supporters, rejects the U.S. intelligence assessment that Russia intervened in the 2016 election to help Trump. “It’s total bull****,” he said. He described the Mueller investigation and the impeachment inquiry as “a modernized coup,” adding, “Before, you would use armies, guns. Now they use newspapers, television, the Internet, and media to be able to manipulate the crowd to such a point where whatever they say becomes the truth.”

The federal indictment of Parnas and Fruman alleges that the two and other defendants engaged in “a scheme to funnel foreign money to candidates for federal and State office so that the defendants could buy potential influence with candidates, campaigns, and the candidates’ governments.” Since Parnas was arrested at Dulles with a one-way ticket to Vienna, it has emerged that he had been working as a translator with American lawyers representing Dmytro Firtash, one of Ukraine’s wealthiest businessmen, who has been battling extradition to the U.S. to face trial for bribery charges. Firtash has lived in Vienna for five years, but Parnas’s lawyer, John Dowd, told me that Parnas was not boarding a flight to Vienna to see Firtash when he was arrested. Dowd said that Parnas bought a one-way ticket because a round-trip fare, at the last moment, would have cost him nearly twenty thousand dollars.
    Last edited by nsacpi; 10-16-2019 at 03:34 PM.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    Looks like Dimitry Firtash, an upper echelon member of Russian organized crime according to the DoJ, has been providing some of that manufactured dirt Rudy and company have been collecting.

"I am your retribution."