Page 73 of 119 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,460 of 2361

Thread: Impeachment

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post
    Probably not any that are allowed to testify.
    More people saying they disagreed with the President maybe?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,537 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post
    Probably not any that are allowed to testify.
    Mulvaney already came clean, so no need to call him.
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Listening to the hearings Russia and Putin keep coming up.
    Why ?
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Brian Tyler Cohen
    @briantylercohen
    ·
    10m

Just a reminder that Trump, the supposed anti-corruption crusader, who wouldn't
    even allow legally allocated aid to flow to Ukraine until he could "verify that Zelensky
    was the real deal," had no qualms whatsoever about meeting with Putin or Erdogan.

Funny how that worked out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    I'm looking forward to the Rick Perry chapter.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    The Army has placed Alexander Vindman, an expert on Ukraine and a central figure in the impeachment inquiry into President Donald Trump, and his family under 24-hour security monitoring after Trump targeted Vindman in tweets accusing Vindman of being politically opposed to Trump.

Vindman was one of the people who listened in on Trump’s calls with the Ukrainian president, in which Trump asked for a favor, now understood to be a request that Ukraine investigate Joe Biden and his son for corruption. Vindman expressed his concern over the call with National Security Counsel lawyers, and spoke to the House Intelligence Committee about the call in a closed-door hearing several weeks ago.

U.S. officials told The Wall Street Journal that the Army has in recent weeks conducted a security assessment of Vindman and his family’s home and internet presence, and said they are prepared to move the Vindman’s to a military base if there are any threats to their safety.

Vindman said in impeachment hearings on Tuesday that he felt “there was no doubt” that Trump was asking the Ukrainian president, Vladimir Zelensky, to investigate the Bidens in exchange for a state visit to the White House, which Vindman said Tuesday would bolster Zelensky’s political legitimacy in Ukraine and internationally. He wore his dress military uniform, the same outfit he wore for his closed testimony several weeks ago.

Speaking directly to his father at the end of his statement, Vindman said, “Do not worry, I will be fine for telling the truth.”

Ari Feldman is a staff writer at the Forward. Contact him at feldman@forward.com or follow him on Twitter @aefeldman

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Rachel Maddow or some other competent news team should do a full show on the Bidens and Ukraine, and bring the warts and all out into the open.

My superficial understanding is that Hunter Biden was offered a plum job by Burisma and took it. Daddy Joe may not have liked it but he didn't object. Later Joe finds himself in an unfortunate position when standard US policy for Ukraine to reform also lined up with being against a possibly corrupt prosecutor who had targeted Burisma. Then as Vice President Biden parroted US and other allies' talking point on Ukraine, it looked bad because one could argue that he was trying to protect his son's plum job. That such a small amount of money would cause daddy Joe to get involved is sort of funny. I'm sure big Joe could find his son an even better job if that was his plan.

Anytime Now Frankie...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    268 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post
    Rachel Maddow or some other competent news team should do a full show on the Bidens and Ukraine, and bring the warts and all out into the open.

My superficial understanding is that Hunter Biden was offered a plum job by Burisma and took it. Daddy Joe may not have liked it but he didn't object. Later Joe finds himself in an unfortunate position when standard US policy for Ukraine to reform also lined up with being against a possibly corrupt prosecutor who had targeted Burisma. Then as Vice President Biden parroted US and other allies' talking point on Ukraine, it looked bad because one could argue that he was trying to protect his son's plum job. That such a small amount of money would cause daddy Joe to get involved is sort of funny. I'm sure big Joe could find his son an even better job if that was his plan.
    You're off about one part. The prosecutor before the corrupt fired prosecutor, his predecessor, was the one who had looked into Burisma, and closed the case after finding nothing. The fired, corrupt prosecutor never had a part in it at all. That's just another of the lies.

Another of the lies: you know this mysterious Ukrainian billionaire who cofounded Crowdstrike and kept servers in Ukraine? First, Crowdstrike is 100% housed in California. Second, that cofounder is Russian. A Muskovite, in fact. The Ukranian billionaire is a made up person who does not even exist.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Snowman For This Useful Post:

Runnin (11-20-2019)

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,537 Posts

"I am your retribution."

Anytime Now Frankie...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    268 Posts
    drip drip BOOM

Sondland is going to testify that it was an explicit quid pro quo for domestic political purposes, that it was all done on Trump's explicit orders, that literally everyone knew about it at least six days ahead of the call, including Mulvaney, Pompeo, and Pence, and that he personally told Yermak before the call that that they would not get the meeting or the aid until they publicly announced a Biden investigation.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,537 Posts

"I am your retribution."

Anytime Now Frankie...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    268 Posts
    To be clear:

This. Is. John. Dean.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,537 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
    To be clear:

This. Is. John. Dean.
    Looks like he gets to receive a Hero of the Resistance medal. Set free by telling the truth.

Nunes doesn't look so good.
    Last edited by nsacpi; 11-20-2019 at 09:24 AM.

"I am your retribution."

Anytime Now Frankie...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    268 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    Looks like he gets the receive a Hero of the Resistance medal. Set free by telling the truth.

Nunes doesn't look so good.
    Much like Dean, eventually telling the truth to save your own skin doesn't offset that you were a rat****er in the first place.

Anytime Now Frankie...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    268 Posts
    This Nunes section is hilarious, because you can take out his sarcastic tone of voice with a simple, straight written quote, and what you get is a 100% true list of misdeeds.

Anytime Now Frankie...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    268 Posts
    Also, pushing back hard against the "running a shadow foreign policy" language, saying the State Dept, NSC, and White House were all fully aware, and it was on Presidential orders, making it just foreign policy.

Anytime Now Frankie...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    268 Posts
    He just testified that the Ukranians didn't actually have to carry out the investigations, they only had to announce them. Because the announcement of fake investigations that will never be carried out is exactly what you demand when you want to fight corruption.