Page 103 of 119 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,060 of 2361

Thread: Impeachment

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Chosen One View Post
    I only knew of Schiff from a few appearances on Bill Maher and Chris Matthews for many years. But ever since Trump's Presidency, Schiff has been in the spotlight more as the ranking member on the Nunes intelligence committee the first 2 years, then now as committee chairman.

His political brand has certainly skyrocketted since Trump came into office.
    Who do you think is the main target audience of Schiff and the Dems in this impeachment? Is it moderate and at risk Republicans like Susan Collins and Mitt Romney, or is it the general public?
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/trumps-senate-impeachment-trial-judge-

I don't blame President Trump for his angst and bitterness over his impeachment by the House of Representatives. In his mind, he has done "nothing wrong" and not acted outside the constitutional powers vested in him and so his impeachment should not have come to pass. He believes that the president can legally extract personal concessions from the recipients of foreign aid, and he also believes that he can legally order his subordinates to ignore congressional subpoenas.

Hence, his public denunciations of his Senate trial as a charade, a joke and a hoax.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post

I don't blame President Trump for his angst and bitterness over his impeachment by the House of Representatives. In his mind, he has done "nothing wrong" and not acted outside the constitutional powers vested in him and so his impeachment should not have come to pass. He believes that the president can legally extract personal concessions from the recipients of foreign aid, and he also believes that he can legally order his subordinates to ignore congressional subpoenas.

Hence, his public denunciations of his Senate trial as a charade, a joke and a hoax.
    Rule of law vs rule of man
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts

Kinda like saying when you are a star you can do those kinds of things.
    Or he could shoot someone on 5th Ave and get away with it.

Like all (R) Never Trumpers (Judge Napolitano in this case), spare me your "thoughts and prayers" , you had your opportunity the night Trump went after Jeb's wife.
    We all know why he wasn't written off that night

All during the election the reason I saw Trump ill suited to be POTUS wasn't policy alone, but temperament.
    How does he handle himself day to day and how does he show respect towards others.
    Even before we got to taxes, or tarrifs or even abortion his history as a developer in Atlantic City should have disqualified him
    Last edited by 57Brave; 01-23-2020 at 10:25 AM.
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to 57Brave For This Useful Post:

Runnin (01-23-2020)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Rick Wilson is getting a lot of play locally for his membership in (R) and his denunciations of Trump. My wife is going to hear him speak tonight - we got into a heated discussion over why anyone would want to hear what he has to say.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rick_W...al_consultant)

I said she should heckle him, not only for his decades long enabling of Atwater-style politics but his time as a Cheney flunky at DOD and his complicity in the Florida 2000 voter purges
    Long and the short, she said she wont heclke him and I get left to create dinner for myself tonight.

I have no patience with past Bush alliances be they 41 or 43 and little or no patience with the Never Trumper (R)'s
    Who had repeated opportunities to stop this march toward --- Trump --- for decades.
    Let me ask, with the advantages of hindsight, where did people honestly think the TeaBag Movement was going ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    Rick Wilson is getting a lot of play locally for his membership in (R) and his denunciations of Trump. My wife is going to hear him speak tonight - we got into a heated discussion over why anyone would want to hear what he has to say.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rick_W...al_consultant)

I said she should heckle him, not only for his decades long enabling of Atwater-style politics but his time as a Cheney flunky at DOD and his complicity in the Florida 2000 voter purges
    Long and the short, she said she wont heclke him and I get left to create dinner for myself tonight.

I have no patience with past Bush alliances be they 41 or 43 and little or no patience with the Never Trumper (R)'s
    Who had repeated opportunities to stop this march toward --- Trump --- for decades.
    Let me ask, with the advantages of hindsight, where did people honestly think the TeaBag Movement was going ?
    So Rick Wilson isn't pure enough for you to criticize Trump? I think he's exactly the kind of politician we want to turn on Trump. Political landscapes change.

Beggars shouldn't be choosy.

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Schiff is an absolute patriot

he is in his own class as a lawyer.
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    So Rick Wilson isn't pure enough for you to criticize Trump? I think he's exactly the kind of politician we want to turn on Trump. Political landscapes change.

Beggars shouldn't be choosy.
    Every (R) in the House voted against impeachment as most likely all (R) Senators.
    2 of which are from the state party Wilson once had sway.
    The monster he and the other Never Trumpers created have come to eat them too.
    Not pure enough ? No, he isn't
    let us see him do something that matters like organize the Never Trumper wing into a voting block.
    As of now he is nothing more that hot air. Along the lines of Collins,Mitt and the other Senators that hold press conferences then fold like cheap suits.
    My guess is if offered a job in this administration he'd trip over himself accepting and toeing the line

Just like the Rubios,Cruz' and Grahams before him

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    One more thing then will let this go.
    Suppose Trump is removed, then what ?
    The only thing that will change is the face, the mask if you will.
    Dylan once said people wearing masks feel allowed to be their true selves.

The GOP in the wings is as, if not more, scary than Trump
    We know what is behind Trumps mask and recognize it as such

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts
    "Take her out"

IMPOTUS April 2018
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts

I believe there would be 3 votes. 1 to convict. 1 for removal. and then 1 to disqualify him from running again. I would think removal without disqualifying him to run again would be the compromise Republicans try for if **** hits the fan. Trump holds the heart of the Republican base so he can and will hold the whole party hostage when he is gone. Nothing short of a video of a gay threesome of Trump/Putin and a reanimated corpse of Hitler will change that. I found his anger at Pence for even considering running in 2024 interesting. He is going to try and push one of his retarded kids when he is gone and I think he will succeed to atleast get one of the the nomination.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts
    https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/reco...ry?id=68506437

"Boy I'm so powerful I can intimidate the entire Ukrainian government,”

“Please don't tell anyone I can't get the crooked Ambassador fired or I did three times and she's still there.”

Googliani texts to Parnas. The recording is allegedly from Furman. Its clear why they want this trial over. They are racing against the clock with new damning evidence coming out almost every day. How long can Republicans ignore this.
    Last edited by cajunrevenge; 01-24-2020 at 02:12 PM.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts
    https://www.justice.gov/usao-sdny/pr...ign-donor-bans

Here is Parnas and Fruman's indictment. Its worth a read. This is all starting to come together. Lutsenko wanted Yovanovich fired and his public statements against Biden was what he was offering in exchange. This might have been a scheme Trump didnt know about but him being manipulated into it and having it recorded isnt much better. Before this whole plot can unfold Zelensky wins the Presidency and Lutsenko is fired for of all things.... abuse of power... so at this point they had to try to get what they wanted from Zelensky. Biden having declared his run in May or so Trump was getting desperate to create the dirt he wanted and decided to put the screws to Zelensky. One thing that I think is clear is that Trump ordered the aid freeze eventhough Zelensky verbally agreed to what Trump wanted. Trump did not have time to take a wait and see approach. So he put the hold on the aid anyways since that was clearly what Zelensky cared about in that phone call. Trump gets wind of the whistleblower complaint exposing his scheme and I bet his staff had to drag him kicking and screaming into releasing the aid, thus the really bad mood he was in when talking to Sondland. IMPOTUS does not like to be told no.

It’s over."

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,746 Posts
    The Dem presentations the last 4 days has been so thorough and well done, that it makes me think that Pelosi held the impeachment articles for a few weeks just so Schiff and Co's aides had time to get all the video clips, tweets, emails, etc. all lined up and thoroughly mapped out. THey obviously have had a thought out game plan the last few days on what parts they'd be attacking, even if they have been a little repetitive they've been referencing everything from as I mentioned above tweets and stuff, to quotes from the Founders and stuff.
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    Trump holds the heart of the Republican base .

Not sure the heart is anatomically correct

17. The Following User Says Thank You to 57Brave For This Useful Post:

Runnin (01-24-2020)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    "Take her out"

IMPOTUS April 2018
    If Trump can fire any ambassador anytime he wants, why did they need to wait until Pompeo was confirmed?

take-her-out-donald-trumps-role-in-the-ukraine-scheme-is-caught-on-tape

Parnas recalled that there was silence in the hotel room after Trump issued his order. Then, according to Parnas, Johnny DeStefano, a White House staffer who was also at the dinner, responded, “We can’t do that right now because Pompeo”—Mike Pompeo, who replaced Rex Tillerson as Secretary of State—“hasn’t been confirmed yet.

Answer - Because Yovanovitch was a respected, upstanding official and they knew it would look bad. They were gonna make Pompeo do the dirty work.
    Last edited by Runnin; 01-24-2020 at 08:29 PM.

Director of Minor League Reports rico43's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,448 Posts

Don't think I'm too radical. But if Trump were somehow deposed, then Mike Pence would have an absolute bullseye on him until a new VP could be installed. Because we all know who is next in the line of succession.

Director of Minor League Reports rico43's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,448 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Chosen One View Post
    The Dem presentations the last 4 days has been so thorough and well done, that it makes me think that Pelosi held the impeachment articles for a few weeks just so Schiff and Co's aides had time to get all the video clips, tweets, emails, etc. all lined up and thoroughly mapped out. THey obviously have had a thought out game plan the last few days on what parts they'd be attacking, even if they have been a little repetitive they've been referencing everything from as I mentioned above tweets and stuff, to quotes from the Founders and stuff.
    It goes to the assumption that these many hours were dedicated to influence non-congressional voters. Actually McConnell has done Trump no favors by having the defense begin on a Saturday. At least there's not any significant football on.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    I don't believe any senator who says he's just now coming to learn about the facts of the case. Everyone in Washington has followed this scandal from the beginning. The senators have aides and assistants and they stay informed no matter which news channel they watch.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...L-_rkDUwqlBeX8

The new dominance of ideologically extreme outside groups and donors led lawmakers on both sides to give their patrons what they wanted: conflict over collaboration and purity at the cost of paralysis.